Murdered_s550

Murdered_s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Vehicle(s)
15 Premium PP Ecoboost
The tap that you used are you willing to sell it? If not could you take a pic of it so I know what I need? Is it the one that attaches to a drill or I need a special tap? Never did this before. Thanks man
I could sell it, as I have no need for it anymore. Pm me?
Sponsored

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
you need a tap wrench to use the tap. Harbor freight has cheap ones that work. I used a HF one on mine

MagneticGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I'm one of the ones still trying to decide. The color difference of the metal accent piece bothers me. And, this business about it not sitting correctly on the reverse lockout collar also bothers me. Questions:

1) Is the issue with the GT350 knob not sitting correctly on the reverse lockout collar because people aren't tapping the new threads deep enough? Is it just a simple matter of running the tap all the way down until it bottoms out and also removing the plastic spacer?

2) I have the MGW shifter with their OEM knob adapter collar. Does the GT350 knob fit all the way down over the MGW collar?

3) Is the GT350 knob able to be tightened down as solid as the original knob?

Last edited:

350Mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 C10 2021 GT PP M6
I had to turn down my MGW stock collar on the lathe. I have no problem with height. It's truly great. It's more solid then the original.

Sponsored

aschaefer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
The tap that you used are you willing to sell it? If not could you take a pic of it so I know what I need? Is it the one that attaches to a drill or I need a special tap? Never did this before. Thanks man
I have one down in the N. Bronx if you'd like it. Let me know.

350Mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 C10 2021 GT PP M6
I just chucked the tap in a drill and held the shift knob with my hand. I does that some finesse and isn't for everyone

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
I'm one of the ones still trying to decide. The color difference of the metal accent piece bothers me. And, this business about it not sitting correctly on the reverse lockout collar also bothers me. Questions:

1) Is the issue with the GT350 knob not sitting correctly on the reverse lockout collar because people aren't tapping the new threads deep enough? Is it just a simple matter of running the tap all the way down until it bottoms out and also removing the plastic spacer?

2) I have the MGW shifter with their OEM knob adapter collar. Does the GT350 knob fit all the way down over the MGW collar?

3) Is the GT350 knob able to be tightened down as solid as the original knob?
1) There is a point where the shift knob is screwed down too far to where the reverse pull up collar doesnt work. You can tap it 75% of the way but you wont get to use all the threads because the reverse pull up needs to work. Since the inner diameter is smaller than the OEM the reverse pull up sticks a bit. Just more reason why the reverse collar is an utter piece of crap. It keeps getting in the way of improving the shifter

2) post #77. The inner diameter of the GT350 is a tad smaller than the OEM golf ball, the leather is folded inside so it stops several mm short. Looks fine with a MGW oem adapter and locks up tight

3) youll need loctite or a jam nut. OEM golf ball seems to have some nylon lock inside it to secure it.

Silver50Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 PP Ingot Silver
1) There is a point where the shift knob is screwed down too far to where the reverse pull up collar doesnt work. You can tap it 75% of the way but you wont get to use all the threads because the reverse pull up needs to work. Since the inner diameter is smaller than the OEM the reverse pull up sticks a bit. Just more reason why the reverse collar is an utter piece of crap. It keeps getting in the way of improving the shifter

2) post #77. The inner diameter of the GT350 is a tad smaller than the OEM golf ball, the leather is folded inside so it stops several mm short. Looks fine with a MGW oem adapter and locks up tight

3) youll need loctite or a jam nut. OEM golf ball seems to have some nylon lock inside it to secure it.
With the MGW I'm gonna need a oem adapter to get it to work? Just ordered the MGW and the guy from MGW said don't worry about an oem adapter

350Mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 C10 2021 GT PP M6
Well you might be able to get the shift boot to sit right under the knob. I don't think that would be very ergonomic though. The adapter is pretty money if you can turn it down to fit the knob.

Sponsored

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
i havent tested it with the MGW jam nut for their knobs. It would fit since its smaller but OEM adapter would look cleaner

bandit67

Mustang Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2007 SPJ 302, 2019 Ranger
For those of you who can wait another few months to purchase your MGW, George told me that he is now working on a GT350 shifter. He'll have an upper ready at that time that will fit the Race Spec shifter for our GTs, threaded to fit the stock GT350 shift knob (10mm x 1.25"). :cheers:

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
For those of you who can wait another few months to purchase your MGW, George told me that he is now working on a GT350 shifter. He'll have an upper ready at that time that will fit the Race Spec shifter for our GTs, threaded to fit the stock GT350 shift knob (10mm x 1.25"). :cheers:

Woo hoo! Best news ever :)

Carlosa_garcia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium DIB PP 6MT
One of the best mods I've done so far. MGW plus GT350 Knob is awesome. All I can say!
047_2.jpg
048.jpg

ramairgt1

15 GT PP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whippled '20 Mustang GT PP2
Thanks for all of the info guys, I am going to drill/tap my shift knob today
Sponsored