2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
I did not stick my meter tester on it to measure the ohms, but I did try to start car and air bag light was still on.
Hmm, something is up then. I would take the seat and harness all out and inspect it and all the connections including bladder, seat position sensor, etc.
Sponsored

Peedystablo82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang GT pp Paxton e85
Do you have to have the seat bladder hooked up for the airbag light not to come on with the resistor?

Peedystablo82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
I did not do the seat bladder

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP

Peedystablo82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Ahh dang. Maybe that's why it won't work. I've seen other people do it the other way and claim that it worked with just doing the resistor. But I did not have any luck.

So do you just open up the seat and take that out?

Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Ahh dang. Maybe that's why it won't work. I've seen other people do it the other way and claim that it worked with just doing the resistor. But I did not have any luck.

So do you just open up the seat and take that out?
Hold on, you already have an OEM seat? Don't take anything out of the OEM seat. I thought you were installing an aftermarket seat.

Are you upgrading OEM seats (base seats to Recaro's)? Going from a 15-17 to a 18-20? note the difference in pins that @Cobra Jet mentioned.

What you will want to do is inspect the seats and ensure that all wiring harnesses are intact and that there are the main harness, seat position sensor and bladder (for passenger).

Also note that I state in my build and video that what I did was upgrade to a race seat. All the steps that I mention are for that upgrade. Your swap may differ depending on what you have going on.

Peedystablo82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
I have my racing seats installed. Lol. I took out the stock seats.

Peedystablo82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
And my car is a 2019 mustang GT base model

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Ok then yes, you will need everything from the stock seats hooked up in order to have the airbag light turned off on your IP.

Sponsored

Bridgie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT fastback. PP, 50th trim, Black
Where can you suggest getting both Seat wiring harnesses.?, I have a set of 50th anniversary seats that do not want to tear apart.
As there is no solution I can find for install without a seat harness, I guess an EBay search is required..

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Where can you suggest getting both Seat wiring harnesses.?, I have a set of 50th anniversary seats that do not want to tear apart.
As there is no solution I can find for install without a seat harness, I guess an EBay search is required..
Hey sorry I somehow missed this. I might suggest trying to find a set of seats at a junk yard or wrecker/recycler. Maybe some base cloth seats might be the most cost effective

Bridgie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT fastback. PP, 50th trim, Black
I gave up.. the airbag lights are permanently on. Who cares it’s a track/road car.
I can also attest that the drivers airbags, wheel and knee work without any seat harness. Following an excursion into a tirewall.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
I gave up.. the airbag lights are permanently on. Who cares it’s a track/road car.
I can also attest that the drivers airbags, wheel and knee work without any seat harness. Following an excursion into a tirewall.
Oh man! I remember reading that in a different post. Glad your ok bud!

I kinda hear you about the light thing too. I hit a rumble strip at Sonoma super hard last year and had to replace a wheel. After that the light came on. I think it broke the resistor arm. I figured I’d take apart the whole seat assembly and chase down the problem to fix it.

I have not.

Too many other things to manage in life right now.
Sponsored