Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
Doubt anyone knows exactly how it's calculated. We don't have these center dash gauges in EU but I don't really miss them, the digital ones are fine and I know how many kilometers I need to drive before I can step on it 😁 Do you look there often? Sure, the only reason to have vaccuum there is that it moves up and down a lot, but that's probably point of those gauges in the first place 😁
Sponsored

OP
OP
MrXXX0

MrXXX0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Doubt anyone knows exactly how it's calculated. We don't have these center dash gauges in EU but I don't really miss them, the digital ones are fine and I know how many kilometers I need to drive before I can step on it 😁 Do you look there often? Sure, the only reason to have vaccuum there is that it moves up and down a lot, but that's probably point of those gauges in the first place 😁
That's what I've always said about them anyways 🤣

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
Glad you said "calculated" rather than inferred. There is an algorithm behind what the gauge displays and I have no doubt there's a lot of data that went into getting that right.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Does not the instrument cluster have oil temp? Has the diff, just don't remember.

Is the oil temp worth 250, yes if the motor is boosted?

For none boost the coolant & oil temps are pretty close + 10 -15*

Oil temp for the auto box has more value.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MrXXX0

MrXXX0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Calculated, requires the computer to display it. So static will remain at the last record read.

BTW does not the instrument cluster have oil temp? Has the diff, just don't remember.

Is the oil temp worth 250, yes if the motor is boosted?

For none boost the coolant & oil temps are pretty close + 10 -15*

Oil temp for the auto box has a greater meaning.
The oil temp gauge will slowly drop back to non running temp after a while of sitting with the car engine off. And no oil temp in the digital dash which I always thought was kinda weird.

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
The oil temp gauge will slowly drop back to non running temp after a while of sitting with the car engine off. And no oil temp in the digital dash which I always thought was kinda weird.

I rethought what I wrote, as you were posting.

VictorH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
So, why bother with an “oil temperature“ gauge if it’s not really measured? Presumably we can monitor the other temps that are measured such as water and cylinder head temp and draw our own conclusions as to whether things are hot or not.

OP
OP
MrXXX0

MrXXX0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
So, why bother with an “oil temperature“ gauge if it’s not really measured? Presumably we can monitor the other temps that are measured such as water and cylinder head temp and draw our own conclusions as to whether things are hot or not.
I see it as another monitoring tool. Water temp, Cylinder Head temp and Oil temp are all important tools to have when on a track or driving hard as well is Oil pressure. Any of those start to rise in temp and you can call it quits before damaging anything. Just nice to have extra ways to monitor your vehicle while out driving.
Sponsored