Sponsored

TundraOnKings

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
T
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT PP1 A10, '20 Armada,'15 Tundra,14' GS350F
I dont own both but I will say a lot comes down to cost of tracking and how much you do it. The 350, while not cheap is less expensive then a GT500 or a ZL1 1LE. The initial cost of the 911 is much higher. I dont know the 911 line but I can run faster then the standard 911 so, Im not sure its the best choice. Not a bad choice at all. The Miata is cheap and cheap to run but yea, no. A dedicated track car is generally cheaper because you dont have to insure it. But then, you cant drive it on the street and you need a truck and trailer. Good luck, its a tough choice with so many variables
Copy that. I’d have to insure it, I’d want to take it out at least a few times a month on the road.
My track partner buddy is in a 911 997 C4S, it sure seems very well track-built. He’s only had Porsche’s though. He’s trying to talk me into selling my 2020 S550 and upgrading to a GT350 before I dump a bunch of $$ into it.

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Totally agree, BUT... I have seen much higher failure rates with GT350 parts then any Porsche I ever owned (for track use). Again I love the car, however, and I am serious, I have to get something repaired after every track event... hubs, VCT, camshaft sensors and pigtail harnesses, diff rebuild, driveshaft, etc. The warranty company, going forward, will increase their prices based on my car alone. :crackup:
I run an aftermarket diff cooling system. I'd be curious to know what your diff is off the track. On the hottest day, I think the highest I saw was 228* and that may be an exaggeration.

Mrhavasu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
GT350
l love my car, just wish it had come with a tow hook. But, really love my car!!!!!!!

Sponsored

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
l love my car, just wish it had come with a tow hook. But, really love my car!!!!!!!
Love it too, wish my car came with canards from the factory, camber plates, 20mm lowering springs, and shit load of other mods. haha. Now I'm trying to figure out how to install a rear tow hook without losing the reverse light while still staying centered.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Totally agree, BUT... I have seen much higher failure rates with GT350 parts then any Porsche I ever owned (for track use). Again I love the car, however, and I am serious, I have to get something repaired after every track event... hubs, VCT, camshaft sensors and pigtail harnesses, diff rebuild, driveshaft, etc. The warranty company, going forward, will increase their prices based on my car alone. :crackup:
Wow, Beat the crap out of mine on track and no repairs needed yet

68Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang coupe, 2020 GT350 Iconic Silver
Love mine! 4500 miles (and counting) and every single mile creates a smile! Blasting around on mountain roads, downshifting at a traffic light, or just running to grab a bite to eat.....it never fails to provide enjoyment! No "hater" talk from me for sure! I'd have two of 'em if I could...or three...why stop with two!

Sponsored

Concretevol

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I don't like it, I love it. I track mine, drive on weekends and even did a road trip to South Dakoda for Sturgis Mustang Week. Helluva car. I did have to fab/add a transmission cooler because at the time i didn,t know the model I purchased used didn't have one. Most importantly, I smile every time I drive it.

GT30fan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 F350 4x4, 2019 GT350 , work trucks
Mines been good. I've never seen an issue at the track and I've seen alot of them there. Seen corvettes and other break down and fail but never a gt350

Carbide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red w/white stripes Shelby GT350
I don't like it, I love it. I track mine, drive on weekends and even did a road trip to South Dakoda for Sturgis Mustang Week. Helluva car. I did have to fab/add a transmission cooler because at the time i didn,t know the model I purchased used didn't have one. Most importantly, I smile every time I drive it.
From Tennessee? Props to you!

Concretevol

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah man, did 3000 miles. Was gonna trailer it and decided I bought the car to drive. lol It did awesome! The only thing I had to do was be careful with the splitter I put on it. When i put it back in the garage I literally said out loud "what a damn car" hahaha
Sponsored