Sponsored

GT350 owners - should I consider buying this one?

Johnnydarkgt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R, 91f150,Lexus GX460 , 1965 Mercury comet cyclone 4speed
Vehicle Showcase
The suspense is making us all wonder ,tick ? tock! What’s the difference between you now?
Sponsored

Johnnydarkgt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R, 91f150,Lexus GX460 , 1965 Mercury comet cyclone 4speed
Vehicle Showcase
The 2019 GT350 has the upgraded R engine parts .Randy Pobst ran under a137 at Laguna Seca with one 👏👏👍

OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
The suspense is making us all wonder ,tick ? tock! What’s the difference between you now?
The 2019 GT350 has the upgraded R engine parts .Randy Pobst ran under a137 at Laguna Seca with one 👏👏👍
Still staring at each other. He insists he has a wholesale offer for $61K but would rather sell it to me for that price, and that he was going to lower it to $61K this weekend anyway. But the weekend is over for him and it's still listed for a little under $63K on his website. $61K is a friggin great price RIGHT NOW but will it be in a year? Or 6 months? Just trying to be careful, and I always have the $55K Mach 1 in my back pocket.

Last edited:

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
And we’ll post their GT350R review cus we can never post this enough

Thanks for posting as really appreciate most of all their comments especially with respect to the Mach 1 and how it compares to a Base GT350 and of course the R model takes our driving experience to another level.

With only 1 model year left for the present 6th generation S550 platform that launched back in 2015 it will be very interesting to see what Ford has up their sleeve for the upcoming S650 platform that will launch for the 2023 MY? :wink:

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Still staring at each other. He insists he has a wholesale offer for $61K but would rather sell it to me for that price, and that he was going to lower it to $61K this weekend anyway. But the weekend is over for him and it's still listed for a little under $63K on his website. $61K is a friggin great price RIGHT NOW but will it be in a year? Or 6 months? Just trying to be careful, and I always have the $55K Mach 1 in my back pocket.
You're buying a depreciating asset one way or the other. If you believe it's a great price at this time - it might not be realistic to expect the dealer to sell it for what you think it might be worth in the future. Not saying that you shouldn't try to wheel and deal but at some point you need to $hit or get off the pot. If you like the car, I'd buy it. Anything you buy now will be worth less 1 year from now.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Tried to zoom in on the tires and was able to see it has… Pirelli Sottozero winter tires. So I have to automatically add $1500-$2000 for new shoes.

Last edited:

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
If you're not planning to drive it in the Winter - I see no reason to pursue a car that has gone through that already. Hard pass.

OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I had the same concern seeing those tires… A Cleveland winter full of snow and salt.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I had the same concern seeing those tires… A Cleveland winter full of snow and salt.
Is this GT350 definitely a Cleveland, Ohio car or is it from another region in the country and what other history and details do you know about this car?

Have you obtained an Oasis Report/Carfax for this car and if so what does it tell you in terms of service records, power train warranty, bumper to bumper warranty remaining on this car and what warranty work if any has been done on this car?

Based on the chassis number I would think that this car may be over 2 years old and with over 14,000 miles on it I would certainly want to do a detailed inspection on this car myself as obviously there is a lot to look for on any used HP including these GT350 cars.

If you cannot personally inspect yourself I would pay someone to do that for you from a peace of mind standpoint instead of trying zoom in on pictures taken by the seller.

Purchasing a brand new GT350/R sight unseen is one thing but to purchase a 2+ year old used GT350/R with over 14,000 miles on it sight unseen is a totally different story.

Good Luck!

OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Is this GT350 definitely a Cleveland, Ohio car or is it from another region in the country and what other history and details do you know about this car?

Have you obtained an Oasis Report/Carfax for this car and if so what does it tell you in terms of service records, power train warranty, bumper to bumper warranty remaining on this car and what warranty work if any has been done on this car?

Based on the chassis number I would think that this car may be over 2 years old and with over 14,000 miles on it I would certainly want to do a detailed inspection on this car myself as obviously there is a lot to look for on any used HP including these GT350 cars.

If you cannot personally inspect yourself I would pay someone to do that for you from a peace of mind standpoint instead of trying zoom in on pictures taken by the seller.

Purchasing a brand new GT350/R sight unseen is one thing but to purchase a 2+ year old used GT350/R with over 14,000 miles on it sight unseen is a totally different story.

Good Luck!
Here's what I know:

Manufacture date June 2019, in service date August 2019 to an owner in Kentucky.

Accident with minor front damage January 2020, more evidence that it was a daily driver and used during the winter.

Owner 2 appears to have been a dealer in August 2020, and Owner 3 a new owner in September 2020. Owner 3 put 5,000 miles on it between October 2020 and June 2021.

The current dealer listed it for sale sometime around June 10, so it's been sitting on the lot for around a month.

There doesn't appear to have ever been any odd or excessive service work done.

I told the dealer that unless we can agree on a price, I'm not driving 2-1/2 hours to inspect it, and that's kind of where we are right now.

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Here's what I know:

Manufacture date June 2019, in service date August 2019 to an owner in Kentucky.

Accident with minor front damage January 2020, more evidence that it was a daily driver and used during the winter.

Owner 2 appears to have been a dealer in August 2020, and Owner 3 a new owner in September 2020. Owner 3 put 5,000 miles on it between October 2020 and June 2021.

The current dealer listed it for sale sometime around June 10, so it's been sitting on the lot for around a month.

I told the dealer that unless we can agree on a price, I'm not driving 2-1/2 hours to inspect it, and that's kind of where we are right now.
Good information and if the in service date was sometime in August, 2019 this car should still come with another 13 month bumper to bumper warranty along with another 3 plus years for the power train warranty.

If you have some sort of relationship with a Ford dealership in your area I would ask them to pull an Oasis Report on this car and have them scan it over to you as that report will be able to confirm numerous aspects and especially if any warranty work was done on this car?

Understood on coming to terms on the pricing issue which obviously would be subject to a detailed inspection and also happy to hear that you would only have a 2 1/2 hour drive in order to inspect and finalize/reject a deal.

In my humble opinion the dealership in question needs to sell this car much more than you need to purchase it therefore happy to hear that you are holding the line on pricing.

Remember, there are a lot of very good used GT350/R's out there for purchase and especially GT350/R's that are being offered from a private party therefore if this deal falls through you will have plenty of very good options going forward.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Here's what I know:

After seeing your post above, if you're seeking a car of the caliber being discussed here - if it has noted prior accident damages and the Dealer is trying to get top dollar... I and others will tell you off the bat IF you buy this car AND you yourself try to sell it in the future, the next Buyer will run the same reports. Knowing it has prior accident damages on a car of this caliber, you will have a hard time selling it to the next person WHEN you do try to sell it.

Putting it out front, plain as day.

14k miles and prior accident damages documented in its VIN history, with a top dollar asking price and you're not local enough to put your hands on it to inspect - pass. A Shelby or not, it's not worth their asking price OR having to deal with the future headaches of trying to sell with a marred VIN history.

Right now all Dealers and Mom-n-Pop lots have ludicrous pricing due to the current times. It's not a good time for any Buyers. As others have said too not only in this thread but others on this site, the market for used will come down in the next 6 mos to a year. Why pay an inflated 15-20% for any vehicle NOW - just because? just to have it? It's like someone (and no offense) paying ADM over MSRP - when they surely could pay MSRP or lower for the same car elsewhere.

Load up Cargurus, search it Nationwide - there's a slew of S550 Shelby's without prior accident damages.

Last edited:

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
^^ Hope this car is off your list. Not enthusiast grade, at all.... actually it's most things that everyone has learned to avoid in a used car. mulitple owners, accident, winter... forget it.

OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
^^ Hope this car is off your list. Not enthusiast grade, at all.... actually it's most things that everyone has learned to avoid in a used car. mulitple owners, accident, winter... forget it.
For sure. And they have 3 different people that keep emailing or texting trying to get me to come look at it. I flat out told them nobody who knows anything about Mustangs will ever buy a GT350 with snow tires on it unless you're giving it away.

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
I’m with the others. Move on the the next one. That one is off the list.
Sponsored