Sponsored

GT350 owners - should I consider buying this one?

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
Looks like prices may be dipping just a tiny bit, will keep my eye out. A Ford Gold Certified 2017 at a reasonable price would be worth looking into.
....or any year R model, just sayin 😁
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
....or any year R model, just sayin 😁
Absolutely. Found a private seller about 3 hours from me selling a 2017 R with 3800 miles on it for $62K. Was a day late inquiring, obviously it didn't last long.

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
Absolutely. Found a private seller about 3 hours from me selling a 2017 R with 3800 miles on it for $62K. Was a day late inquiring, obviously it didn't last long.
oh dayum...definitely can’t snooze on them :wink:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Yes if you "have to have" all those options that's MSRP for a new Mustang. Base GT MSRP is still under $43K. And some people say that they can negotiate prices on Mustang GTs quite a bit below MSRP. Maybe you could as well.

I bought a 2016 GT350 tech pack car. MSRP was under $60k. I agree with you I wasn't factoring in any assumption of a different price than what they are asking for the car. Some people are really good at negotiating and others aren't. It's not a given that the OP will get the dealership to change their minds on price. At least that's my way of thinking.

A GT350 is a way more fun car to drive and I by far recommend buying a GT350 over any other Mustang. However, now is not the time to buy unless you are a really good negotiator (in my opinion).
I feel pretty good about my negotiating skills and with all our vehicles that plays a big factor... unless it's a deal we are 99% sure we couldn't get anywhere else we keep looking. Bought my 2018 GT new, sticker was $41K and got it for $34K, then sold it 3 years later for $35K. Also getting the $60.5K Mach 1 for $55K when they're selling with $5K-$10K ADMs. So a used GT350 would have to be a good deal along those lines.

I put a lot of work into modding the GT and the performance was becoming so good that it was getting to be a handful driving to work in the morning. Would definitely like a car with Magneride, and also heated seats so I can drive it comfortably more than 6 months of the year. Koons has the ideal GT I'd be looking for if I were to go that route again, a gray PP1 premium with MR and active exhaust but it's over $52K sticker. Not sure how low they'd be willing to go in this market.

Personally I think the Mach is as entertaining to drive as the GT350, just in a different way, what I mean to say is I really enjoy driving them both.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
So a used GT350 would have to be a good deal along those lines.
Based upon current inflated values. The market will settle and the values will go back down.

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
I'd bet you a FIFTY spot.
and I’ll take that bet...but let’s make it interesting, TWO FIFTY spots and a picture of the loser in a pink tutu 😁

the problem is, how to quantify...should we let @PP0001 be the judge?!?

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
and I’ll take that bet...but let’s make it interesting, TWO FIFTY spots and a picture of the loser in a pink tutu 😁

the problem is, how to quantify...should we let @PP0001 be the judge?!?
Oh hell no...... he's biased.

My position is that when the chip shortage BS subsides that 350/350R values will go back down.

I dont think we need a judge. It will be evident. The question is how long will the market overall persist and when will we go back to normalcy?

As for the tech pack, I recall under a year ago I was lucky to get $62K on a 1 of 19 R model. Everyone else was getting in the 50s. I only got what I got because of an agreement I made for a trade.

Then came along the chip shortage and now everyone thinks the 350 prices are here and here to stay.

I'll take that bet, but harry can't be the judge, lol

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Oh hell no...... he's biased.

My position is that when the chip shortage BS subsides that 350/350R values will go back down.

I dont think we need a judge. It will be evident. The question is how long will the market overall persist and when will we go back to normalcy?

As for the tech pack, I recall under a year ago I was lucky to get $62K on a 1 of 19 R model. Everyone else was getting in the 50s. I only got what I got because of an agreement I made for a trade.

Then came along the chip shortage and now everyone thinks the 350 prices are here and here to stay.

I'll take that bet, but harry can't be the judge, lol
You know my position. I think it will waver but when the dust settles the cars will not catch up to normal used car depreciation - they will wither maintain or show a significantly reduced rate of depreciation. No great way to quantify this but I'd bet a round of drinks, for sure :)

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
You know my position. I think it will waver but when the dust settles the cars will not catch up to normal used car depreciation - they will wither maintain or show a significantly reduced rate of depreciation. No great way to quantify this but I'd bet a round of drinks, for sure :)
oh hell no sir...this is a C-note and pink tutu bet, bring it!

but first, we need an impartial judge and a timeframe 😂

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Yes, they haven't as of yet. But my point is that I wouldn't buy a used tech pack for 60K knowing it really needs about 6k (trans and coolers) worth of work to make it right. Even after that, the car will have that stigma about it. Do you remember the Seinfeld episode of the smelly car? The tech pack might as well have B.O.

You know I have 2 fine R examples sitting in my garage. These cars will appreciate over time, but this chip shortage and the imbalance it has created in the market is artificial.

Again, I would not pay 60K for a used tech pack.

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
oh hell no sir...this is a C-note and pink tutu bet, bring it!

but first, we need an impartial judge and a timeframe 😂
The forum has a survey function... Just sayin' :crackup:

OlTexastang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 VB GT PP1
I sold my 20 GT because it was a sellers market and told myself it may be this time next year before pricing gets back to some sort of normalcy but yet I find myself looking everyday to see if there’s a good buy out there. It’s hard to be patient knowing it may be that long to be able to enjoy driving a car again. I have been thinking along the same line as the OP Mach 1 or 350 it would mostly be a weekend driver and maybe a track night at COTA but more about the cool and it’s a badass car that the old man on the block owns lol. Now is not a good time to buy within the year things should change and you could probably find a low mileage M1 by then. When the 650 becomes a car we can actually see there will probably be M1 on the market for sale from those who always want something different. So do like I do everyday tell yourself ”PATIENCE,” and hope 350 prices come down.
Sponsored