Sponsored

GT350 owners - should I consider buying this one?

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Hi all - I know the 2016's didn't come standard with Magneride or all the coolers and everything so wanted to get your guy's thoughts on this used (practically new) one. It has the heated / cooled seats which I definitely want. Have a Mach 1 on order but Ford keeps effing with me and delaying production while other guys are already getting their cars. Only thing making me nervous is that it's out of warranty. The M1 on order is a Premium with the Tremec and handling package and Iā€™m gettting it for $55,000.

https://www.antwerpentoyota.com/use...g-2dr+Fastback+Shelby+GT350-1FA6P8JZ9G5525689
Sponsored

Last edited:

dps

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Heritage Edition; 2021 GTS 4.0
If that mileage is legit, I'd say buy it if you want it. Many of the cars down at the 350 TrackAttack are '16s and those cars are beat on all day. My 16 down there have 14K miles on it - all track miles.

I'd definitely research the history though - 5 yrs

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
I just bought a 2016 GT350 at the end of May instead of ordering a Mach1 and I'm loving it. By the way, this looks like a tech pack which has Magneride.

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
It has Magneride yes, BUUUUUUUT, and a big BUUUT, It does not have a transmission or differential cooler. This is a Tech Pack and in 2016 they did not have those 2 coolers. If you never plan on taking it to the track. Go for it. If you EVER want to take it to a track day or go on a pretty quick backroads trip in warmer weather, I'd avoid it.

IMO the only desirable 2016 models are either a Track Package (all the coolers, no heated/cooled seats/no Sync3). Or an R. Maybe just for rarity's sake, the base model without Magneride but that's only because they're pretty damn rare but no redeeming qualities beyond that.

Sponsored

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
It has Magneride yes, BUUUUUUUT, and a big BUUUT, It does not have a transmission or differential cooler. This is a Tech Pack and in 2016 they did not have those 2 coolers. If you never plan on taking it to the track. Go for it. If you EVER want to take it to a track day or go on a pretty quick backroads trip in warmer weather, I'd avoid it.
Just curious, have you personally had problems with a '16 Tech Pack 350 on the track?

8GTOKLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 DHG Bullitt
Stick with a new car. This Shelby is very nice but its 5 years old. All fluids and tires will need to be replaced along with a fuel lines flush . You will need a stellar after market warranty to cover any issues you have once you actually drive this car. Then the price of 60k is too much

lew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lew
Vehicle(s)
19 GT, 23 STX 4wd. TT, 19 BMW X4 M40i, 15 800r
Wait for your M1. Something fishy about the mileage, at least DD the carfax. You know used are currently in a price bubble. 5 years is too old to be paying nearly 2016 MSRP.

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
Wait for your M1. Something fishy about the mileage, at least DD the carfax. You know used are currently in a price bubble. 5 years is too old to be paying nearly 2016 MSRP.
What's fishy about it?

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Hi all - I know the 2016's didn't come standard with Magneride or all the coolers and everything so wanted to get your guy's thoughts on this used (practically new) one. It has the heated / cooled seats which I definitely want. Have a Mach 1 on order but Ford keeps effing with me and delaying production while other guys are already getting their cars. Only thing making me nervous is that it's out of warranty.

https://www.antwerpentoyota.com/use...g-2dr+Fastback+Shelby+GT350-1FA6P8JZ9G5525689
With this vehicle coming equipped with the Technology Package it will come equipped with the MagneRide suspension.

If it was me I would take the ~3 1/2 hour drive from your place over to the dealership in order to check this vehicle out as it looks to be pretty a much brand new 2016 GT350 and love the Race Red and Black Roof color combination.

Prior to seeing and test driving this vehicle I would request an Oasis Report for this vehicle and also ask for a copy of the Window Sticker in order to determine just how it was ordered by the original owner/dealership and comes with an original GT350 car cover?

Based on the VIN I suggest that this is a later production 2016 GT350 after which time the chassis number and WS can confirm all that?

In addition, does the dealership have the original Shelby GT350 Owners Kit?

From my standpoint that is important to receive when purchasing this car?

With respect to this car not coming with an engine oil cooler, transmission cooler and differential cooler I personally do not see that as being a big deal unless you plan to track this car.

I drive my 2015 Tech Pack car very aggressively pretty much all the time and yet to have my car ever go into limp mode therefore suggest that if you plan to use this GT350 for street use only you should be just fine.

After a test drive and feel comfortable purchasing this vehicle I would certainly try to negotiate off of the ~$61,000 asking price but even at that price I suggest it is reasonable based on being pretty much a brand new vehicle and in today's market place pricing.

Assuming that this GT350 checks out it would be a very easy decision for me to go after this 2016 GT350 versus a 2021 Mach 1 but that is just my opinion.

Good Luck!!

V8 Voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150 XLT 5.0 V8
My concerns with this car is that it hasn't been fully broken in yet and has no warranty and is not eligible for an extended warranty. Yes the Voodoo motor issues have been blown out of proportion, but the fact is, some have issues. To have to replace the motor without a warranty would not be fun, especially paying $61,000. I would say to keep looking or wait it out for the Mach 1.

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Or buy a
Stick with a new car. This Shelby is very nice but its 5 years old. All fluids and tires will need to be replaced along with a fuel lines flush . You will need a stellar after market warranty to cover any issues you have once you actually drive this car. Then the price of 60k is too much

Or buy a Ford ESP

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
500 miles on the car is amazing, and suspicious Along with why does a Toyota dealer have this car?
And as far as breaking it in, it's still not broken in yet. So you'd be essentially breaking it in. And I wouldn't worry about no transmission or diff coolers. Like someone said, at the GT350 track attack, most of the cars are 2016's. And they are driven hard for about 20 laps every class. And do about 2 classes a week. I haven't heard anyone say the car had problems due to high trans or diff temperatures.
I would inquire as to the history of this car, and the previous owner, and base your decision to buy based on that.

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
500 miles on the car is amazing, and suspicious Along with why does a Toyota dealer have this car?
And as far as breaking it in, it's still not broken in yet. So you'd be essentially breaking it in. And I wouldn't worry about no transmission or diff coolers. Like someone said, at the GT350 track attack, most of the cars are 2016's. And they are driven hard for about 20 laps every class. And do about 2 classes a week. I haven't heard anyone say the car had problems due to high trans or diff temperatures.
I would inquire as to the history of this car, and the previous owner, and base your decision to buy based on that.
My 18 was at a Toyota dealer. Guy traded it in for a limited edition Supra after buying it new 6 months prior.
Sponsored