Sponsored

GT350 owners - should I consider buying this one?

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
and I’ll take that bet...but let’s make it interesting, TWO FIFTY spots and a picture of the loser in a pink tutu 😁

the problem is, how to quantify...should we let @PP0001 be the judge?!?
Appreciate your vote of confidence especially from an old guy that has been in our Mustang hobby for the last ~53 years! :like: :like:

Despite what some may say I suggest that I am not biased when it comes to dealing with past, present and future Mustang values based on having owned a Mustang from all 6 generations including purchasing a brand new 1974 Mustang Mach 1 in May of 1973 which as many of us know is the only year that Ford did not provide a V8 engine as an option for Mustang over the last 56 model years.

There is no question that the new and used car market place will settle down with respect to an upcoming price correction and it is just a matter of time for that to take place based purely on supply and demand which includes the micro chip shortage for new automobile production.

Having said that I suggest that our 2nd generation GT350/R's will not follow the same trend of future price reductions and that especially applies to the 2 seat R models of which only ~3,650 examples were assembled over the 6 model years.

Many of you may not be aware of who Johnny Carson was but he was the ultimate "Late Night TV Talk Show Host" and retired in 1992 after 30 years of being the "King of Late Night Comedy".

My opinion which is centered around my knowledge, experience of over 5+ decades of owning and driving experience for all 6 Mustang generations I suggest that the 2nd generation GT350/R's will go down in Ford history as the very best overall styling, handling, braking, steering, drivers engagement and best sounding Mustang of all time therefore suggest that our cars are the "Johnny Carson" of Mustang and very unfortunate for the new 2021 Mach 1 having to follow this outstanding act.

The fact that our GT350/R's only come with a naturally aspirated FPC engine and manual transmission certainly helps solidify their position as "Best In Class" for the Mustang model.

Each to their own and bet all you want but based on the above I don't see our cars dropping in value any time soon and very happy and appreciative that I still have two examples in my corral.

:clap::clap:
Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Yes, they haven't as of yet. But my point is that I wouldn't buy a used tech pack for 60K knowing it really needs about 6k (trans and coolers) worth of work to make it right. Even after that, the car will have that stigma about it. Do you remember the Seinfeld episode of the smelly car? The tech pack might as well have B.O.

You know I have 2 fine R examples sitting in my garage. These cars will appreciate over time, but this chip shortage and the imbalance it has created in the market is artificial.

Again, I would not pay 60K for a used tech pack.
100% - Even if not for the stigma, why even consider limiting yourself if you don't have to. There will be certain cars that dip in value first and the most - the 16 tech will be leading that charge.

I agree with all you say about the imbalance in the market - I just think it happed to occur at the same time that certain examples of these cars would have been gaining more interest, regardless of covid. Not all of the appreciation will be erased. The next great Mustang will hit values harder than the market normalizing, IMO.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Appreciate your vote of confidence especially from an old guy that has been in our Mustang hobby for the last ~53 years! :like: :like:

Despite what some may say I suggest that I am not biased when it comes to dealing with past, present and future Mustang values based on having owned a Mustang from all 6 generations including purchasing a brand new 1974 Mustang Mach 1 in May of 1973 which as many of us know is the only year that Ford did not provide a V8 engine as an option for Mustang over the last 56 model years.

There is no question that the new and used car market place will settle down with respect to an upcoming price correction and it is just a matter of time for that to take place based purely on supply and demand which includes the micro chip shortage for new automobile production.

Having said that I suggest that our 2nd generation GT350/R's will not follow the same trend of future price reductions and that especially applies to the 2 seat R models of which only ~3,650 examples were assembled over the 6 model years.

Many of you may not be aware of who Johnny Carson was but he was the ultimate "Late Night TV Talk Show Host" and retired in 1992 after 30 years of being the "King of Late Night Comedy".

My opinion which is centered around my knowledge, experience of over 5+ decades of owning and driving experience for all 6 Mustang generations I suggest that the 2nd generation GT350/R's will go down in Ford history as the very best overall styling, handling, braking, steering, drivers engagement and best sounding Mustang of all time therefore suggest that our cars are the "Johnny Carson" of Mustang and very unfortunate for the new 2021 Mach 1 having to follow this outstanding act.

The fact that our GT350/R's only come with a naturally aspirated FPC engine and manual transmission certainly helps solidify their position as "Best In Class" for the Mustang model.

Each to their own and bet all you want but based on the above I don't see our cars dropping in value any time soon and very happy and appreciative that I still have two examples in my corral.

:clap::clap:
I'm not saying you're biased...buttttttt....... You're biased ;) So am I to a degree. Nothing wrong with having a little hope that finally I can tell my wife I didn't take a total bath on my car hobby ;) (still in the red overall, though!!!)

How about this for a wild-ass-guess of a prediction?: I say that the GT350 will be to Mustang what air-cooled cars are to Porsche. The 350 is standard air cooled, the 350R is like a 964 or 993 RS and the GT500 is like a GT2RS (if they made one of those air cooled) after some vacation eating :)

Have we derailed this guys thread enough? !

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Calling the dealer tomorrow to ask about this one... if I can get them down into the mid 50's, it might just be the right car for me. Has the exact options I'm looking for, including (I know it sounds stupid) memory front seats which are a big deal for me because it takes FOREVER to find a comfortable driving position. Also noticed from the Carfax that a service contract was issued on it, if it's Ford certified that will be a bonus. 2-1/2 hour drive, can drive up and tow it home with a U-haul trailer, bought my 1997 Cobra that way, coincidentally also in Ohio.

https://www.centralcadillac.com/use...leveland-cdce46a10a0e09b1629d9cbe6ed55b6d.htm

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
Calling the dealer tomorrow to ask about this one... if I can get them down into the mid 50's, it might just be the right car for me. Has the exact options I'm looking for, including (I know it sounds stupid) memory front seats which are a big deal for me because it takes FOREVER to find a comfortable driving position. Also noticed from the Carfax that a service contract was issued on it, if it's Ford certified that will be a bonus. 2-1/2 hour drive, can drive up and tow it home with a U-haul trailer, bought my 1997 Cobra that way, coincidentally also in Ohio.

https://www.centralcadillac.com/use...leveland-cdce46a10a0e09b1629d9cbe6ed55b6d.htm
That's a beauty! Good luck with the negotiations :like:

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray

cant complain about that one...but good luck getting them down to mid 50s!

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
Much better car, but I agree, they would be mad to go far below what they are already asking for a 2019. Mid 50s for that car is a stretch as someone else will pay what they are already asking. Good Luck tho.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
That's a beauty! Good luck with the negotiations :like:
Much better car, but I agree, they would be mad to go far below what they are already asking for a 2019. Mid 50s for that car is a stretch as someone else will pay what they are already asking. Good Luck tho.
Not worth haggling over $7K, to drop it to $55K in the scheme of things in this rising market. That is a good price for a ‘19, and will be gone quickly.
Negotiations ongoing... got them down to $61K so far. Working with the general manager now.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
"I think we might just be too far apart on price, thanks for your time." - Then leave. If they know how far you drove to get there, they are counting on you not wanting to leave without the car - flip it on them and show them that you are.