Sponsored

GT350 Manifold, TB, and CAI Swap - Use new included MAF Sensor?

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
Chasing down some tuning problems and just curious for those that have used the GT350 cold air intake, did you use the MAF sensor included or swap in your stocker? I realize a tuner can tune either one but I am in between 2 or 3 base tunes and am confused which tune should match which MAF sensor.

Or perhaps they are the same sensor just a bigger housing?
Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
They are both the same. So use the GT 350 one as newer. :)

OP
OP
TooSoonJunior

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
Thank you sir!

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What are your tuning issues out of interest?

OP
OP
TooSoonJunior

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
My engine torque is off the chart, making a huge mismatch between commanded and actual and throwing the car into limp mode and throwing P061B. I know my idle airflow settings were still stock in my last revision, but its calculating 600+lbft of engine torque at idle, instantly goes into pedal follower mode since it cant even come close to rectifying the torque difference.

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My engine torque is off the chart, making a huge mismatch between commanded and actual and throwing the car into limp mode and throwing P061B. I know my idle airflow settings were still stock in my last revision, but its calculating 600+lbft of engine torque at idle, instantly goes into pedal follower mode since it cant even come close to rectifying the torque difference.
Using the 350 TB ?

If so only a handful of tuners can get the 350 TB right, of which AED and Lund are two of the best.

OP
OP
TooSoonJunior

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
Using the 350 TB ?

If so only a handful of tuners can get the 350 TB right, of which AED and Lund are two of the best.
Yea using the 350 TB. I have all the data I need I just clearly overlooked something.

GSLSE20B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 SHADOW BLACK GTPP
did you check these ?
hptipc.jpg

OP
OP
TooSoonJunior

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
Thanks!

Yes I have now updated those, I will take another stab at this tonight. As noted on the tuning forums, there is a more notable difference in the IPC max and min tables between the auto and manual trans tunes. The auto FRPP and auto stock IPC max and min tables are very very close, not different enough I think to be causing me major headaches. But nonetheless they are higher and so I will raise them up.

Jayme

DoggystyleRacing®
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aedhp.com
First Name
Jayme
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
AED can handle this easily

OP
OP
TooSoonJunior

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
AED can handle this easily
Talked to Shaun yesterday via email, he was concerned to tune the car with not having me provide a stock log via SCT before my install of the setup to eliminate chance of mechanical issues. I explained car wont even run with a stock tune installed with the current configuration. I offered my HP Tuner logs which I had done only hours before the install and he explained you guys don't use HP Tuners.

He did say go ahead and log it and send it to him, but at this point the car is now running pretty well and I see the light to the end of the tunnel of getting her running very well.
Sponsored