Sponsored

GT350 Long term ownership information to share?

CLucchini

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Hi guys, I really really want to buy a GT350 as my long term car but I am very concerned about the durability of the engine and the reliability (failures, recalls and problems) of a Ford product. I plan on using this mostly as a fun car, some work days, some play and some random track days nothing serious. Does anyone have any current multi-year ownership experience they can share to help me resolve this conflict so I can go get me one? Thank you.
Sponsored

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
3.5 years old - garage kept, babied, only driven on weekends, lightly modded, and runs like a champ :)

SV503 GT350 Brushed Bronze Tinted Honeybadger (23 of 26) (1).jpg
Photo from Kevin.jpg
2019-12-14_EA_COTA_RP_9946.jpg
2019-12-14_EA_COTA_RP_1243.jpg

Sponsored

Frank.Herbst

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Hi guys, I really really want to buy a GT350 as my long term car but I am very concerned about the durability of the engine and the reliability (failures, recalls and problems) of a Ford product. I plan on using this mostly as a fun car, some work days, some play and some random track days nothing serious. Does anyone have any current multi-year ownership experience they can share to help me resolve this conflict so I can go get me one? Thank you.
Like others have said, already covered. But the short story is very low percentage of cars have problems and a warranty that covers the length of time you will own your car will help you sleep.

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
There's no car immune to breakage/failure. Go get one and enjoy riding it. Riding GT350 is intoxicating.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
OP
I’m buying one for myself upon retirement for almost the exact reasons you stated.
I’ve done a boatload of research and discovered the whole reliability thing is way, way overblown.
Buy without hesitation, follow break in procedures and care for it like any other great car and you will be rewarded with one of the finest driving experiences of any car on the market today.
This is not from my personal experience, obviously, but are my thoughts “before” I’m buying.
JUST BUY ONE!

TxGT350-52

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lead Foot, 2021 Diesel Tremor CG
Buy the car new or slightly used, and if you still own it when the factory warranty is about to expire, buy an extended warranty. Do not modify it other than appearance items, so your engine/drivetrain warranty claims will not be denied.

This is exactly what I am doing with mine. They are an awesome car to drive, so don’t waste anymore time thinking about it. :sunglasses:

Sponsored

FDHog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2020 Ford Raptor
I wanted one but was talked out of it and bought a GT PP1 instead.
Skip ahead 4 months..............traded in my 4 month old GT and got a great deal on a 2019 leftover.
Took her home last Monday. It's a whole other animal.

Montoya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andre
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Recession: When your neighbor is out of work
Depression: When you are out of work

When the engine failure happens to your 3 day old car it’s very depressing. Yes I hope this is just some sort of infant mortality on a rotating part of my car. I hope this is it for me. I have seen other posts about the low percentage of failures but when it happens to you....

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
4 1/2 years as the original owner and my stats are below:

Highs - 30+ track days, Northern NJ regional 2018 champion for SCCA autox A-stock class, 17700 miles, still love looking at the lines of the car, NO oil consumption, huge smile on my face every time I drive it

Lows - (2) instances of the trans tail shaft sensor being replaced under warranty, light weep leak from the radiator that was replaced under warranty

OP
OP

CLucchini

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Like others have said, already covered. But the short story is very low percentage of cars have problems and a warranty that covers the length of time you will own your car will help you sleep.
Apologize for any inconvenience. Thanks for your patience and support. The information you provided is exactly what
I was looking for ...thanks for sharing!
Sponsored