Sponsored

GT350 KBB 2017 Best Resale Value Award for High Performance Car

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
I don't put much stock into these types of awards but figured i would share as there has been a lot of discussion about future values etc

Ford Press Release:

shelby-gt350.jpg

FORD SHELBY GT350 MUSTANG WINS 2017 KELLEY BLUE BOOK BEST RESALE VALUE AWARD FOR HIGH-PERFORMANCE CAR

DEARBORN, Mich., Jan. 27, 2017 – The 2017 Ford Shelby GT350 Mustang has won Kelley Blue Book’s kbb.com Best Resale Value award for high-performance cars. The track-ready Shelby GT350 boasts a 5.2-liter V8 engine with 526 horsepower and an 8,250-rpm redline. The exclusivity of the V8-powered coupe keeps resale values high; Shelby GT350 Mustang starts at $57,045.

The 2017 Shelby GT350 comes standard with a cockpit-adjustable MagneRide damping system, transmission cooler and differential cooler. For thrill seekers, Shelby GT350R’s extreme aerodynamics, carbon fiber wheels and aggressive suspension tuning make it a hardcore contender on the track.

For the comfort of an everyday drive, the car comes with SYNC® featuring enhanced voice recognition and a 4.2-inch LCD screen in the center stack. Customers wanting more technology can upgrade to an optional 8-inch LCD capacitive touch screen system with navigation.

The Kelley Blue Book Best Resale Value awards recognize vehicles for their projected retained value through the initial five-year ownership period, based on projections from Kelley Blue Book® Official Residual Value Guide. Kelley Blue Book residual values are established by experienced automotive analysts who review the output from statistical models built upon millions of transactions.

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...g-wins-2017-kelley-blue-book-best-resale.html

KBB Press Release:

Best High Performance Car:
2017 Ford Mustang Shelby

Race-ready, road-legal. Sounds like a giddy performance prescription from another era when automotive buff books ruled, no? Nope. Hardcore performance never gets old, and the 2017 Shelby GT350 version of the Ford Mustang runs about as hardcore as a muscle car gets. It also brags wicked-strong resale value that sticks to the car like the car's standard 19-inch Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires stick to asphalt.

Coupe: only. 5.2-liter naturally aspirated V8 engine (526 horsepower and a delicious 8,200-rpm redline): only. Six-speed manual transmission: only. Rear-wheel drive: always. Massive Brembo brakes: standard. Torsen limited-slip differential: standard. But even with all this and a track-qualified suspension, the Shelby GT350 need not be at a loss when it comes to everyday driving. Option packages are available that include manual Recaro bucket seats with power-adjustable, leather-trimmed sport seats, audio upgrades, navigation and more.

For 2017 Shelby GT350 models, Ford now includes the "Track Package" features -- cockpit-adjustable MagneRide damping system, front suspension aluminum tower bracing, a more dramatic rear decklid spoiler, and engine oil, transmission and differential coolers -- as standard equipment. And if the Shelby GT350 Mustang isn't quite hardcore enough for you, the limited-edition Shelby GT350R should suffice. GT350R highlights include extreme aerodynamics and suspension tuning, and a weight-reduction campaign that jettisons the GT350's rear seats, stereo, air conditioning, backup camera, and trunk floorboard and carpet.

Starting at about $56,500, the Shelby GT350 is certain to be a rare bird, and the $64,000 GT350R even rarer. This "exclusivity" will work in the car's favor when it comes to keeping resale value high.

https://www.kbb.com/new-cars/best-resale-value-awards/best-resale-high-performance-car/
Sponsored

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
lol, those values are even more pessimistic than mine were.

2020 $32k
2022 $23k

I really don't see the values being worse than GT500s which are still in the $30-40k range after 5 years.

SchultzLT1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 AG Tech Pack
That's way off. Right now there isn't a used one for sale under 56,500 within 100 mikes of Chicago.

OP
OP
dron_jones

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
To me the future values on all the cars they had listed are jacked up. To me the absolute number means less than the fact that the car was selected as the top value retainer so more of a relative scale to other cars in its class (M cars, GS, ZL1 etc)

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I have no intention to sell, and I don't think insurance is gonna try and give me that

Sponsored

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
lol, those values are even more pessimistic than mine were.

2020 $32k
2022 $23k

I really don't see the values being worse than GT500s which are still in the $30-40k range after 5 years.
Same here. A lot of people here are optimistic as to what these will be worth in five years. Obviously I hope the optimistic ones are correct. :D

To me the future values on all the cars they had listed are jacked up. To me the absolute number means less than the fact that the car was selected as the top value retainer so more of a relative scale to other cars in its class (M cars, GS, ZL1 etc)
KBB has rarely been right when it comes to values compared to other sources in my experience.

So far my previous F80 M3 and F82 M4 have help up better compared to what people have offered me for my GT350. Or at least very similar in depreciation percentage anyway.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
My '07 GT500 vert stickered for $50K and change. I bought it in spring of 2010 with 7,800 miles on it for $34K.

You can buy that same car today for well under $30K. I've seen some pristine '13-'14 GT500s deep into the 40s. There's a big difference between asking price and actual selling prices, see.

I personally think the GT350 is a more unique car, but I think the notions of amazing resale values are wildly optimistic.

z460

MR.BIG SHOT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JT
Vehicle(s)
f250
Low miles GT500 and SVT Raptors are going for $36k so the GT350 will be worth a lot more in 6 years

Sponsored

TMully06

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2017 F80 M3, 2020 Lincoln Navigator Black Label
My '07 GT500 vert stickered for $50K and change. I bought it in spring of 2010 with 7,800 miles on it for $34K.

You can buy that same car today for well under $30K. I've seen some pristine '13-'14 GT500s deep into the 40s. There's a big difference between asking price and actual selling prices, see.

I personally think the GT350 is a more unique car, but I think the notions of amazing resale values are wildly optimistic.
Say your '07 vert is ~25K... that is almost 50%... pretty good after 11 years in my opinion!

I don't see a '17 GT350 (in good shape without insane miles) ever going below $30K

BoostedCanadianPoney

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Antoine
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard EB PP base
I am not sure how KBB makes the valuation of resale value and all the factors they concider. But the GT350 was selling with huge dealer markups in 2015 and beginning 2016. The car is selling brand new at lower than MSRP (5K lower for 2016's) (at least in Canada) so that would for sure affect resale value had they done the study from now on...
Sponsored