Sponsored

Gt350 intake with stock TB and air box?

zanGTA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium 2015
I contacted Lund to ask about the drivability issues with the gt350 TB and they answered that there isn't any issue anymore but what surprised me was that they said the gt350TB doesn't add anything over a stock TB.

This is the dyno they sent me:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tn3m1mlpt...ming test. Stock vs GT350. No change.PNG?dl=0

Do you think a full Gt350 Intake + gt350TB + gt350 cai would outperform a stock combination with only the gt350 intake and a high flow panel filter and a air ram?

Thanks! :cheers:
Sponsored

Witj85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT Base 6spd in Shadow Black
I'll be using the stock throttle body with a k&n intake tube and panel filter.. Hopefully have everything installed in the next few weeks.

RomanB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
I have been running the stock TB, Stock tube, and stock air box/k&n panel filter with my Gt350 manifold for a year now. Car runs awesome, trapped 117 in 3000ft D/A, stock exhaust.

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
I m guessing the stock airbox and k&n drop in filter will also improve the low end torque on the manifold a little. I have an airaid cai and mishimoto iduction hose with k&n filter. The low end torque loss is significant with the cai setup but stock airbox with Mishimoto induction hose pulls pretty good. No wonder the op is getting 117 mph!

OP
OP
zanGTA

zanGTA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium 2015
Those tubes are expensive, more than half of a cost of any cai. Do they add low or high end benefits?

Sponsored

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
On paper it makes no sense why a stock cai should produce more torque than the GT350 cai. The filter is known to be crap and not flow very well on the GT350 intake, but replacing that with an airrade, and they are known to flow very well on the GT350's.

The tb has been proven to be a marginal improvement, which is just proving that the stock 80MM is still a good match to the max airflow of the 5.0L in general, doesn't matter how much airflow the GT350 intake can flow, youre still capped to what the motor can consume.

I would argue with headers and a better exhaust you could benefit more from the GT350 throttle body, but again its marginal (5whp?)

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
My car with stock TB made 505HP, switched to the 350 TB and tune for it, tune was identical, just switch for TB's and car made 516HP. These are crank figures and the extra came beyond 6200rpm, below that the curves power and torque were identical between throttle bodies.

I was Lund tuned and they got the 350 TB driving OK but not to my liking, it was surge free, but touchy. So I went back to stock TB which was not as bad but still marginally touchy.

I am now on an AED tune with 350 TB and the car drives as if it was stock, silky smooth, not touchy at all, Shaun at AED has the 350 tune spot on, but he ran the setup on his personal car and went high 10's at 122mph so guess he put a lot of time into it. :)

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
My car with stock TB made 505HP, switched to the 350 TB and tune for it, tune was identical, just switch for TB's and car made 516HP. These are crank figures and the extra came beyond 6200rpm, below that the curves power and torque were identical between throttle bodies.

I was Lund tuned and they got the 350 TB driving OK but not to my liking, it was surge free, but touchy. So I went back to stock TB which was not as bad but still marginally touchy.

I am now on an AED tune with 350 TB and the car drives as if it was stock, silky smooth, not touchy at all, Shaun at AED has the 350 tune spot on, but he ran the setup on his personal car and went high 10's at 122mph so guess he put a lot of time into it. :)
If I do pickup a GT350 setup I'm going with Shaun at AED. Maybe next summer!

OP
OP
zanGTA

zanGTA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium 2015
Well, my options are only two.

1) gt350 intake + stock tb + stock air box + afe or kn panel filter + air ram (which would be great with a closed air box I suppose)

2) full gt350 system with gt350 tb cai and high flow filter

Going with a stock tb over a gt350 cai would be putting in the middle an adapter on intake side and an adapter between tb and cai.
[MENTION=13598]Gibbo205[/MENTION] I sent you a pm few days ago. :D When do you run with stock tb what kind of cai were you using?

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Well, my options are only two.

1) gt350 intake + stock tb + stock air box + afe or kn panel filter + air ram (which would be great with a closed air box I suppose)

2) full gt350 system with gt350 tb cai and high flow filter

Going with a stock tb over a gt350 cai would be putting in the middle an adapter on intake side and an adapter between tb and cai.
[MENTION=13598]Gibbo205[/MENTION] I sent you a pm few days ago. :D When do you run with stock tb what kind of cai were you using?
350 CAI on all setups, it fits the stock TB, just tighten the hose down more. ;)

Sponsored
OP
OP
zanGTA

zanGTA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium 2015
I have been running the stock TB, Stock tube, and stock air box/k&n panel filter with my Gt350 manifold for a year now. Car runs awesome, trapped 117 in 3000ft D/A, stock exhaust.

Did you run any dyno on this setup?

Screwdgie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT 6M
I've also been toying with the idea of adding a gt350 manifold to my stock box/aem filter/mishimoto tube and velossa tech big mouth. After going to the track this week, keeping intake temps cool between runs and the staging lanes made a bigger difference than I thought it would and I can see an open filter intake making it much worse. Most of my driving is around town and rarely ever on the highway, so I'd rather do what I can to keep my intake temps lower even if it means giving up a bit of airflow on the top end and I don't think a modified stock type setup like mine would choke the 350 mani enough to negate the gains from it

OP
OP
zanGTA

zanGTA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium 2015
I forwarded the same question to lund.. the answer:

"Its not going to be a whole lot. Maybe a few horse power."

Screwdgie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT 6M
I forwarded the same question to lund.. the answer:

"Its not going to be a whole lot. Maybe a few horse power."
What question did you send them? If a gt350 mani was worth it with the rest of the intake stock?

OP
OP
zanGTA

zanGTA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium 2015
What question did you send them? If a gt350 mani was worth it with the rest of the intake stock?

I asked if the gt350 cai is worth with a gt350 intake and stock TB and how much difference I could expect between the two setups.

Anyway, for the best N/A setup they recommended CJ. But I cannot go with CJ, only the TB costs more than the gt350 intake :D
Sponsored