GT350 intake manifold with IMRC lockouts

MSimonelli118

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang gt PP1
Hello, I really hope that you guys can help me out, I will be installing a gt350 intake manifold on my 2016 gt and locking out the IMRC's I have watched a bunch of install videos and tried searching it online but was unable to find any information that could help me. The install seems pretty straight forward, but when it comes down to what vacuum lines and vacuum ports that will be reused and which ones need to be plugged or capped when deleting the IMRC's, that's where I am having an issue. If anyone has done this swap and has deleted the IMRC's in the process, any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
If you're deleting emissions equipment your on your own.

Brian@BMVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Sold
If you're deleting emissions equipment your on your own.
This would not fall under that umbrella. They do change the quality of low engine speed combustion, but it does not defeat emissions controls. Removing the evap system would, though.

To the OPs question:

You need to cap any ports for the vacuum lines that go to the CMCV solenoids. This may include one on the cold air intake, and one on the aspirator (wrapped bundle of vacuum tube for brake vacuum, CMCV solenoids). The cleanest way to do it is to delete the aspirator and run fuel tube from the manifold or cold air intake to the brake vacuum line, and cap everything else. The evap sensor will still bolt in like it does on the 15-17 GT manifold.

OP
OP
MSimonelli118

MSimonelli118

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang gt PP1
This would not fall under that umbrella. They do change the quality of low engine speed combustion, but it does not defeat emissions controls. Removing the evap system would, though.

To the OPs question:

You need to cap any ports for the vacuum lines that go to the CMCV solenoids. This may include one on the cold air intake, and one on the aspirator (wrapped bundle of vacuum tube for brake vacuum, CMCV solenoids). The cleanest way to do it is to delete the aspirator and run fuel tube from the manifold or cold air intake to the brake vacuum line, and cap everything else. The evap sensor will still bolt in like it does on the 15-17 GT manifold.
Thank you for the reply! So you’re saying to take off the IMRC’s and every single hose and pipe that attaches to them. Then run a fuel hose from the manifold to the brake booster?

10F3E2BD-29C5-4406-91DE-D174D0DDC087.jpeg

Brian@BMVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Sold
Thank you for the reply! So you’re saying to take off the IMRC’s and every single hose and pipe that attaches to them. Then run a fuel hose from the manifold to the brake booster?

10F3E2BD-29C5-4406-91DE-D174D0DDC087.jpeg
Keep the aspirator (red) and the blue feed for the booster (should be what is in blue) and then remove the hose at the Tee for the CMCVs and cap it (yellow). If the blue is not for the booster, it can be, or swap it and the cap on the booster so that it goes to the feed line to the booster.
Screenshot_20210305-221601_Chrome.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
MSimonelli118

MSimonelli118

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang gt PP1
Keep the aspirator (red) and the blue feed for the booster (should be what is in blue) and then remove the hose at the Tee for the CMCVs and cap it (yellow). If the blue is not for the booster, it can be, or swap it and the cap on the booster so that it goes to the feed line to the booster.
Screenshot_20210305-221601_Chrome.jpg
Dude thank you! You’re being super helpful with this and excuse my ignorance I just don’t know anyone personally who has done this so I want to make sure I’m going to do it right. So if I’m understanding you correctly, you’re saying to take off that long thin hard line that runs across the whole top of the manifold from front to back at the T fitting that you circled in Yellow and plug it. Then the rubber hose you circled in blue the bottom of it goes to the manifold and the top goes to the top part of the aspirator right now, and the other side of the aspirator has a rubber plug on it. Can I take that rubber plug off and run a hose from that to the booster?

Brian@BMVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Sold
Dude thank you! You’re being super helpful with this and excuse my ignorance I just don’t know anyone personally who has done this so I want to make sure I’m going to do it right. So if I’m understanding you correctly, you’re saying to take off that long thin hard line that runs across the whole top of the manifold from front to back at the T fitting that you circled in Yellow and plug it. Then the rubber hose you circled in blue the bottom of it goes to the manifold and the top goes to the top part of the aspirator right now, and the other side of the aspirator has a rubber plug on it. Can I take that rubber plug off and run a hose from that to the booster?
Yeah you definitely could. Just trace all the sources of vacuum from the front of manifold and the intake tube and make sure you don't have anything open. Otherwise you're good.

OP
OP
MSimonelli118

MSimonelli118

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang gt PP1
Yeah you definitely could. Just trace all the sources of vacuum from the front of manifold and the intake tube and make sure you don't have anything open. Otherwise you're good.
Awesome thanks for the help man! And as far as deleting the IMRC’s every single thing needs to come off right? The two sensors are removed along with all of these rubber hoses correct?

2A4E0BBB-D94E-41A7-AEB6-182E7380D42C.jpeg

Brian@BMVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Sold
Awesome thanks for the help man! And as far as deleting the IMRC’s every single thing needs to come off right? The two sensors are removed along with all of these rubber hoses correct?

2A4E0BBB-D94E-41A7-AEB6-182E7380D42C.jpeg
Yeah though it looks like you'll have to cap a port on the back of the manifold there too.

Sponsored

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
The 350 manifold is plug and play on the 15-17 I am pretty sure, you don't necessarily need to lockout the IMRC unless you really want to. Basically, you don't even need a retune if you use the 15-17 throttle body and keep the IMRC active.

OP
OP
MSimonelli118

MSimonelli118

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang gt PP1
The 350 manifold is plug and play on the 15-17 I am pretty sure, you don't necessarily need to lockout the IMRC unless you really want to. Basically, you don't even need a retune if you use the 15-17 throttle body and keep the IMRC active.
Yeah I am upgrading the injectors and also getting the e85 tune from Lund and they told me that the prefer to tune using the lockouts, that’s why I am doing it.

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I am upgrading the injectors and also getting the e85 tune from Lund and they told me that the prefer to tune using the lockouts, that’s why I am doing it.
That's odd they recommend locking out a 350 manifold. You sure they don't think it is a 18+?
Sponsored