Sponsored

GT350 Intake Manifold & Throttle Body tune?

Rtleon13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Looking to do some bolt-ons with the GT350 IM & TB. Anyone know tuners that have gotten it down?

Initially, I was looking into the 18 IM but I lost the OEM bolts to the OEM TB. Unless anyone has some to sell, I’ll take em.
Sponsored

Village_Idiot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Lund and PBD. For what it’s worth, both of them have told me go with a ported 18+ IM and stock throttle body. Apparently the gains are the same between IM and the Gt350 TB is a tuning nightmare and not worth 3-5hp.

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
the Gt350 TB is a tuning nightmare
I thought the throttle tables were dialed in long ago once the smart guys adopted the OEM GT350 tables.
Ford Performance was able to get the 87mm TB spot on. Then again Ford Performance is joined at the hip with some of Ford's ECU tuning guru's.

Village_Idiot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I thought the throttle tables were dialed in long ago once the smart guys adopted the OEM GT350 tables.
Ford Performance was able to get the 87mm TB spot on. Then again Ford Performance is joined at the hip with some of Ford's ECU tuning guru's.
I know less than nothing about tuning so I’m not sure lol. But that was about 2 weeks ago Lund and PBD told me when I asked for their input and was deciding on a tuner.

Sponsored

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
Looking to do some bolt-ons with the GT350 IM & TB. Anyone know tuners that have gotten it down?

Initially, I was looking into the 18 IM but I lost the OEM bolts to the OEM TB. Unless anyone has some to sell, I’ll take em.
M6×25mm are the bolts you need.

Grimreaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
the ford performance tunes are a unique operating system (strategy.) its difficult to replicate the ease with which their tune manages the 350 TB. There are certain TB control aspects that have increased limits that allow much larger corrections. The feedback loop essentially self tunes it. There are 3 different variations of the tb data floating around. only full tune ive seen that actually tunes the TB from pedal input to TB blade movement (DD, torque tables, Speed Density tables and TB predicted angle/inverse) is the bullitt stock tune. most tunes ive seen simply push the adaptive limits further out. frpp does it all within the stock limits.

that said i think theres always something to be had for using that TB, just may be a bit of work and ROI might be limited. love the my18 mani for everything below 7500rpm. havent tried a 350 mani but believe youll need to rev it out near 8k to see the tru capabilities of it. not as peaky as the stock mani or my18 one, but carries further

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Just use an adapter for the stock TB on the GT 350 manifold?

You won't lose anything noticeable. So unless you need that last 3 to 5 HP it's not worth the hassle for the larger TB.
Sponsored