Gt350 in the shop again....

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat / 2019 350R #413
Any dealership that tells you that sound is normal should be burnt to the ground.

Glad you put their name out there. Stay away from those clowns.

You should have no issues getting a new engine. That is not normal.
Sponsored

FogcitySF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E90 M3 | GT350R | Porsche 911 GT3 RS (991)
Work very closely with the Ford rep and see if they can assign you a Regional rep, who oversees the dealers in your region. The dealers are very likely to respond to this rep. Just say that you have significant concerns about the engine and safety of the car and your dealer does not seem to be addressing an issue that is blatantly obvious and could put yourself or other drivers at risk. Once you get the regional Ford rep involved, they can even arrange to have your car towed to another dealership to complete the diagnostics and repairs. I've had two engines replaced, one coolant hose clamp come off at the track, a water pump connector come off at the track (separate occasion), AC compressor blew out, driveshaft sensor replaced, and a bad spark plug from the factory on engine #2. I lemoned the car, and still even bringing back to the dealer, was experiencing major throttle hesitation issues right after the 2nd engine replacement.

Unfortunately, based on my experience, this car has pushing the envelope tech/specs that isn't ready for prime time due to the accelerated development schedule, limited experience of Ford building track focused street vehicles (compared to Porsche or BMW) and the dealership network servicing is very spotty as they are not used to servicing high performance, track oriented vehicles where the margin for error needs to be zero. Too bad.

OP
OP

kyle7000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KYLE
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2016 Hellcat Charger, 2020 mustang GT
Said oil was at a normal level and told me they weren’t going to do anything for me, go figure. Well here goes another 500 miles before next check

Last edited:
OP
OP

kyle7000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KYLE
Vehicle(s)
Idk what to do at this point, this dealer is 30 miles away from me

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
Typical piss poor low rent ass dealership. You need to find another one to get to. I can assure you that noise is not normal by any means.

Sponsored

OP
OP

kyle7000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KYLE
Vehicle(s)
They have basically made the noise not exist, keeps telling me it had 3 quarts of oil when I brought it in. I checked the dipstick prior....

OP
OP

kyle7000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KYLE
Vehicle(s)
Typical piss poor low rent ass dealership. You need to find another one to get to. I can assure you that noise is not normal by any means.
I don’t want to deal with starting this test over again man, that’s the problem

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
I don’t want to deal with starting this test over again man, that’s the problem[/QUOTE

Understood. You may be at the point where you have to. Just from what I'm gathering from your post the stealership is not willing to take it any further. It may be time to seek out another. I know, it's a hard pill to swallow, but I wouldn't give up.

OP
OP

kyle7000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KYLE
Vehicle(s)
Leaving it here over night and see what they figure out. Prob call my regional rep back and see what I can do.

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
Leaving it here over night and see what they figure out. Prob call my regional rep back and see what I can do.
Kind of sounds like to me, in the back of their minds, they really don't want to deal with it, or have no one at the stealership capable of replacing the motor. Is the a small hometown type dealer?.

Sponsored
OP
OP

kyle7000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KYLE
Vehicle(s)
Kind of sounds like to me, in the back of their minds, they really don't want to deal with it, or have no one at the stealership capable of replacing the motor. Is the a small hometown type dealer?.
Pretty decent size dealership, it is small but they have a good reputation

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
Go to another dealer, these guys are inept.

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat / 2019 350R #413
Dude, call the Ford rep and give them hell.

Sounds like if you don’t want to take the car to another dealership and start the process all over again, you have to start being a dick.

I prefer the nice guy approach but when they leave you no other option you have to get in someone’s ass about it.

You paid a ton of money for one of their flagship cars. They’re not treating you as such.

OP
OP

kyle7000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KYLE
Vehicle(s)
Dude, call the Ford rep and give them hell.

Sounds like if you don’t want to take the car to another dealership and start the process all over again, you have to start being a dick.

I prefer the nice guy approach but when they leave you no other option you have to get in someone’s ass about it.

You paid a ton of money for one of their flagship cars. They’re not treating you as such.
I have tried doing that, the regional rep doesn’t answer her phone and the customer support just tells me to call the dealer
Sponsored