Sponsored

GT350 IN MIDDLE EAST HEAT

JJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350, trans am ws6, G80
So today I had some errands to do so I took the gt350, the weather outside was 50C(120f) drove it for an hour at noon and I have to say I'm impressed, the oil temp reached maximum 112C(never saw it that high, it usually stays at 106-109), the transmission never exceeded 75C, the cylinder heads were at 101C, keep in mind that I never went above 3k rpm. The AC was great. Would I ever drive it again in the heat? Hell no. BTW I live in Kuwait.
Sponsored

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I have many many many visits to Kuwait. I’ve always thoroughly enjoyed coming there. Most interesting thing I ever saw was a guy in a truck pulling a trailer with a gorgeous (some type of) ‘70’s Cuda. There’s always plenty of exotics roaming around. But yea, I’ve seen some heat there, that’s for sure. And to this day, the worst humidity I’ve ever experienced (and I’ve been around) was in Kuwait. The Hilton on the coast there is my favorite hotel in the world.

Is that track way south of town open yet? Do you guys get to do typical track days or open track events there on it?

Reactions: JJ
OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have many many many visits to Kuwait. I’ve always thoroughly enjoyed coming there. Most interesting thing I ever saw was a guy in a truck pulling a trailer with a gorgeous (some type of) ‘70’s Cuda. There’s always plenty of exotics roaming around. But yea, I’ve seen some heat there, that’s for sure. And to this day, the worst humidity I’ve ever experienced (and I’ve been around) was in Kuwait. The Hilton on the coast there is my favorite hotel in the world.

Is that track way south of town open yet? Do you guys get to do typical track days or open track events there on it?
Awesome! The Hilton is like 10 minutes away from where I live. The track did open in April and we had like two drag tournaments, and 4 open track days. I couldn't get a ticket for the open track day because they were sold out. Now the track is closed because it's summer and may reopen in October, I hope I can get a ticket for the open track and try the GT350. I bet you liked the food here lol.

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
That heat can buckle pavement.

Sponsored

orangegrower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - 2019 Aston Martin Vantage - 2019 Ranger Lariat
I have a good friend who lived there . He said they have two seasons. Hot and hotter. He had a great time while he lived there.

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a good friend who lived there . He said they have two seasons. Hot and hotter. He had a great time while he lived there.
Exactly!! Hahahah

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yh
They close the track in summer just due to the heat?
yeah, you can't really enjoy anything in the heat and you really don't want to run your car hard while it's 120f+ outside.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Very true. Is Kuwait trying to grow their Motorsports presence; any big events, races, or stuff like that planned? Adding to any MotoGP, F1, or anything other circuit like that planned?

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Very true. Is Kuwait trying to grow their Motorsports presence; any big events, races, or stuff like that planned? Adding to any MotoGP, F1, or anything other circuit like that planned?
They are actually, most of the young people have a hobby for cars and automotive stuff, I believe the track that opened can support f1 and many other sports it's just a matter of hosting these sports, time will tell if these sports come to the track because it's been open for a couple of months.

Sponsored

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I got hooked on a show on Amazon called Arabian Motors. It was awesome. The car scene is actually quite bigger than most might image, or so I think. Are you Kuwaiti? Or did you move there? How difficult was it to get the car there? I bet there’s not many if you; guessing less than 10?

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The car scene is HUGE!! there is every kind of car and it's known that Kuwait has the best tuners and fastest cars in the middle east. Yes I am Kuwaiti, I got the car from the dealership, we have pretty much every muscle car out there. I think there is like 10-15 gt350 they are mostly 2017 models and only like 1 2018 model. These cars a GCC specific and have Arabic on them. Best part is there is no taxes over here so the price that is shown is the price you pay and no ADMs.
I got hooked on a show on Amazon called Arabian Motors. It was awesome. The car scene is actually quite bigger than most might image, or so I think. Are you Kuwaiti? Or did you move there? How difficult was it to get the car there? I bet there’s not many if you; guessing less than 10?

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I n
I need to check the show out

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What color combo did you get?
I had to get avalanche grey. I said to myself if there isn't any avalanche greys available I wouldn't get the car lol.
Sponsored