KellTrac

KellTrac

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kelltrac.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
That was same day testing within an hour apart. Here is the 60-130 with the unported GT350. The ported GT350 was 8.67 best. I cant find that for some reason, but it was definitely negligible.

My largest gain was back to back testing going from a ported 2018 manifold to a unported GT350 manifold on that Gen2 car. That alone picked up like 4 car lenghths...lol. GT350 intake is way faster if you keep the RPM up.
GT350 60-130.jpg

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
Maf flow looks negligible between ported/not ported.

MAF #s look strong for a car without headers. I'm see about 48/49 in similar DA. Headers/PMAS/E70ish and ported 18mani. - 500 to 0DA I was seeing 52+. I'm definitely curious what my up top gain would be if I swapped mani/TBs. Maybe one day Rob will slide back in my DMs.

OP
OP
KellTrac

KellTrac

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kelltrac.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
That is my Gen2 car that had 2" LTH Longtubes - @armykyle1

Here is a layover with similar 1800ish DAs - my Gen2 FBO car vs my 2020. Both with ported GT350 IMs, 87mm TBs and 120ishmm CAIs.

The Gen3 (my 2020) still has everything else stock. Cats, etc.

Gen3 is the truth.
SL4YR vs Grey16 MAF flow.png

Grimreaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I wouldn't get to hung up on car to car airflow numbers. Comparing on your own to see the increase from each mod can be useful but keep in mind its only as accurate as the calibration it is derived from (flow bench or fuel trims? ). You can put fueling errors into the maf curve and artificially increase or decrease it. If the pump gas or e85 has a few points less ethanol than what the tune is expecting, you can easily add or subtract 5% to 10% to the maf curve to get trims correct. That's quite a bit of lb/min up top!

Sponsored

Brian@BMVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Sold
I wouldn't get to hung up on car to car airflow numbers. Comparing on your own to see the increase from each mod can be useful but keep in mind its only as accurate as the calibration it is derived from (flow bench or fuel trims? ). You can put fueling errors into the maf curve and artificially increase or decrease it. If the pump gas or e85 has a few points less ethanol than what the tune is expecting, you can easily add or subtract 5% to 10% to the maf curve to get trims correct. That's quite a bit of lb/min up top!
Fuel doesn't change airflow. It's the other way around. Airflow is airflow. What the engine does with it (spark advance, fueling and cam timing) is what makes the difference in power.

OP
OP
KellTrac

KellTrac

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kelltrac.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Yeah, I am well aware of variables. I have quite a bit of this under my belt thankfully. I used MAF flow and Dragy App to dial in my 2016 Gen2 car - to where I went to the track once and went faster than anyone expected. Almost too easy when you do things properly.

I would never ask someone to show their MAF flow and claim my car is faster based on my airflow. I would also never compare data that is not close.

And yes, this Gen3 is an animal!

Grimreaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Fuel doesn't change airflow. It's the other way around. Airflow is airflow. What the engine does with it (spark advance, fueling and cam timing) is what makes the difference in power.
The lb/min on the maf curve is the variable that gets moved for a given period(hertz). Its not the constant when a tuner uses the fuel trims to adjust the maf curve. within the ecu, its simply look up tables and formulas to output x amount of fuel. Actual airflow may or may not be accurate.

Grimreaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Yeah, I am well aware of variables. I have quite a bit of this under my belt thankfully. I used MAF flow and Dragy App to dial in my 2016 Gen2 car - to where I went to the track once and went faster than anyone expected. Almost too easy when you do things properly.

I would never ask someone to show their MAF flow and claim my car is faster based on my airflow. I would also never compare data that is not close.

And yes, this Gen3 is an animal!
It sounds like both cars would be a blast to rip on, out of curiosity did you get into any VCT changes with the manifold changes?

OP
OP
KellTrac

KellTrac

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kelltrac.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
It sounds like both cars would be a blast to rip on, out of curiosity did you get into any VCT changes with the manifold changes?
I absolutely 100% did. Here is a back to back pull, actually.

Cam timing the only change. Dragy accel was quicker as well. This is what it takes to win races. Using dragy and MAF flow analysis works very well for me. :)
SL4YR Base vs Rev1 Cam Timing Changes.png

Sponsored
OP
OP
KellTrac

KellTrac

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kelltrac.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
To touch on comments above. It is all in the details.

If I have a car that is dialed in well. MAF, etc.

I make a change from say, one air filter to another....or remove my TB and port it....or swap manifolds with all else the same...

It is very easy to use common sense to determine if it helped or not. I agree that the MAF flow solely is not THE deciding factor.

What I will say is, it is 100% fact that if the MAF flow increases, fueling increases and accel times improve - the part or change worked/works.

I stick to simple and common sense. It prevails, everytime.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Where did you get that coupler from? Or is it just a 90* coupler that you massaged to bend down a little at the end where it connects to the MAF?

Also what size is the ZR1 TB and how did you adapt it to match the GT350 manifold bolt pattern?

OP
OP
KellTrac

KellTrac

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kelltrac.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
TBH - I have so many pieces I have no clue where I got anything from. I probably have 300 pieces to put together intakes on my vehicles - just from testing and collecting parts over time.

Mating a ZR1 95mm TB to a GT350 intake manifold = you use the LT5 to LT4 adapter plate that is available online. You have to port it all nicely of course.

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
@KellTrac

I noticed you didn't use the vacuum crossover thing and put the booster line straight into the mani. Have you had any issues? I'll get rid of mine if you haven't. I'd like to clean it up more. I saw you capped the line on the front that goes towards the first runner, I thought that feeds through the mani to the vacuum actuators. MAF flow is definitely up over my stock ported setup. We're on the first revision.

received_370868997398365.jpeg
Sponsored