Sponsored

GT350: How long do you plan on keeping the car?

Length of time you plan on owning the car

• Total voters

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Is this a car you plan to hold you down till the next hot thing comes out, or something that is being given serious consideration for being kept for as long as possible?
Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
I have 3 fox body mustangs.
1 Black 1985 GT T-top with 27000 miles
1 White 1990 GT 64000 miles
1 Emeral green 1992 LX hatchback 5.0 with a 401 Yates headed svo block and jerico 4 speed with 6200 miles.
1 Magnetic 2016 Shelby GT350 black OTT track pack ( when ever it comes in )
I plan to keep it for ever.
All were bought new.

OP
OP

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
I have 3 fox body mustangs.
1 Black 1985 GT T-top with 27000 miles
1 White 1990 GT 64000 miles
1 Emeral green 1992 LX hatchback 5.0 with a 401 Yates headed svo block and jerico 4 speed with 6200 miles.
1 Magnetic 2016 Shelby GT350 black OTT track pack ( when ever it comes in )
I plan to keep it for ever.
All were bought new.
Is that something you had planned from the beginning or more along the lines of you got it, and you ended up never parting with it?

Classics can be made to be kept forever. Nowadays, with all the electronics in the car, I am not sure how viable this option is now.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Is that something you had planned from the beginning or more along the lines of you got it, and you ended up never parting with it?

Classics can be made to be kept forever. Nowadays, with all the electronics in the car, I am not sure how viable this option is now.
I'm not sure I planned it but I'm a mustang guy. If I could get back a vehicle I once owned it would be the 1995 F150 lightning I had. But I also have a all original 1956 f100. That truck gets looks and questions everytime I drive it.

mustang_lurkers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT 350 Tech Package
This is a tough question. I am sure that there are a lot of people who bought the Laguna Seca Bos 302s a few years back that would have said they were going to keep it for a lifetime until the GT350s came along. Who knows how good the new GT500s will be? It will be difficult for me to own a GT350 and then turn around and buy a GT500 later. A lot depends on how great the next toy from Ford Performance is.

Sponsored

OMGPonies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Track Pack
I'm 24 years old and I plan to make this car my lifetime pride and joy, the first serious performance car in my collection.

OP
OP

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
I'm not sure I planned it but I'm a mustang guy. If I could get back a vehicle I once owned it would be the 1995 F150 lightning I had. But I also have a all original 1956 f100. That truck gets looks and questions everytime I drive it.
Amazing collection :cheers:

I'm 24 years old and I plan to make this car my lifetime pride and joy, the first serious performance car in my collection.
24 years old and already a nice collection, Congrats man! :cheers:

This is a tough question. I am sure that there are a lot of people who bought the Laguna Seca Bos 302s a few years back that would have said they were going to keep it for a lifetime until the GT350s came along. Who knows how good the new GT500s will be? It will be difficult for me to own a GT350 and then turn around and buy a GT500 later. A lot depends on how great the next toy from Ford Performance is.
I think it's safe to assume with each generation the cars usually get quicker. If you're in it for a pure performance, I believe the GT350 will be a short-term car for you. No one ever expected for Ford to pull an Ace out with the Voodoo engine, but I think we can expect that it'll be near impossible for the motor to continue on to another generation with CAFE standards squeezing the life out of V8's.

ohtobbad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I never bought a car with intentions of keeping it forever.
But I believe this could be the car.
Tomorrow will come and something meaner and faster
always waits around the corner, you can chase it forever.
But I believe this car is special, So I plan keeping it.
They can bury me in it :)

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I voted 3-4 years, but I really don't know. It depends on what other cars get built during that time and beyond, as well as how I'm doing financially, etc. I'm sure I'll love the car, but I haven't even driven it yet, so it's pretty hard to be 100% sure on anything. I really hope that the automakers are able to continue upping the ante and that in 3-4 years there will be something better that I want.

MastrHU

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Tech
Needed a replacement for my Supra I sold (mistake). The original plan was for a Challenger Hellcat, dealer mistake overseas squashed that idea. Couldn't decide between a Roush, GT350, or used GTR. Mustang buddy (who I always gave crap for driving Ford products) suggested the GT350. Took the plunge. I just see myself giving it up for a Hellcat in the future but you never know...

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Now that the Mustang is on a platform that isn't handicapped by (let's just be brutally honest for a moment) a suspension that just shouldn't be on a modern day performance car anymore, a long long long time. Plus there's some really special heritage involved.

mcgraw

Semper Fi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
For a long, long, long time. I really couldn't see a reason to sell it.

I kept my first mustang/v6 for 11 years. Sold it off because of a long distance move, plus I knew I would get a higher performance mustang in the future. Here we are!

bretlasalle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R
I imagine that I will get rid of the GT350 when the Raptor is offered with 4 doors. Looking forward to that truck. I may jump out next winter for a Limited F150 (assuming that interior isn't horrible)!

When I purchased the Boss in 2013 I had the intention of keeping it forever and nothing has convinced me to get out of it. Love that car!

OP
OP

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
I really hope that the automakers are able to continue upping the ante and that in 3-4 years there will be something better that I want.
I don't have any doubts they will keep upping the ante, just that they'll use turbos and superchargers to do it.

Dreamed of owning a Shelby my entire life, so I don't plan on getting rid of it until that life is over. :D
Thanks for the chuckle. That was good :cheers:
Sponsored