Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
That's correct; the GT350 is drag-limited in 6th so max speed is top of 5th. It's wheel torque vs. drag at those speeds, and 6th is too much torque reduction. Given the GT350 has a gas guzzler tax already, I'm not sure why they didn't shorten up 6th a bit, but it's very strictly a cruising gear.
I did not find that to be true. At Daytona, I have tried switching to 6th. Get it to speed and 6th will hold it and you are not revving the piss out of your engine.

Edit:
I just watched the video, it looks like 6th held speed just fine until he lifted.
Sponsored

Last edited:

oldbmwfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I did not find that to be true. At Daytona, I have tried switching to 6th. Get it to speed and 6th will hold it and you are not revving the piss out of your engine.

Edit:
I just watched the video, it looks like 6th held speed just fine until he lifted.
That's cool, I did not realize it could pull with 0.63:1 top gear.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
That's cool, I did not realize it could pull with 0.63:1 top gear.
In no way I'm saying it a pulling gear. Once you get it there, it does a good job of keeping it there.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Car went through homologation to meet EU specs (indicator = washer nozzles near the headlights), which means it shed some HP in the process.

OP
OP
lenFeb

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
Car went through homologation to meet EU specs (indicator = washer nozzles near the headlights), which means it shed some HP in the process.
That is true. I spoke with my client in Germany. He said that GT350 is exotic car and need to adopt few modifications/specs in order to meet European regulations. He mentioned that GT350 cost around $100K in EU. The price difference is due to tax charges mostly.

Sponsored

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
OP
OP
lenFeb

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Not sure how it works in EU in terms of taxes. In the link there's a new 2020 GT350 for $121,379.76(current currency conversion from Euro to USD). And this without tax? I heard EU taxes is close to 50%?
There is a standard EU import tax of 10K, which is probably included in the price shown since all of the cars are already here. Then there is a registration tax that varies per country. Germany's is linear and rather forgiving. Northern states (Belgium, Netherlands, DNK, Norway, etc) are outrageously high--a larger initial registration tax plus several thousand Euro per year. Switzerland, being outside of the EU, has a different scheme than the others.

All that to say, it depends, but it's not cheap.

Edit: in the case of the GT350, you also have to pay several grand to have it modified to EU/national specs (exhaust, parking sensors, etc).

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Hoods shake at high speeds, hood paint bubbles up over time, come on Ford.....

Carpenater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP #LR087, 1999 SVT Lightning #3830
When driving on the autobahn, it behooves you to ensure your car is autobahn capable. Fines are very high for infractions. Driving in Germany, is not a right, it is a privilege.
True statement. It costs a good chunk of change to get a license in Germany.

Sponsored

Triple-M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, Premium, AT
Even a GT can go on german Autobahn 285 kph. But it needs some mods, e.g. suspension and a very good alignment, strut tower brace and performance tuning to 500 hp. Hood starts shaking at 180 kph, best is not to look at. The 6-AT reaches high speed in the sixth gear. There are no cooling issues on the Autobahn.

Nevertheless, you always have to look in the rearview mirror. Sometimes a Porsche or an AMG turns up.

Greetings from Germany,
Martin

VisceralSyn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Even a GT can go on german Autobahn 285 kph. But it needs some mods, e.g. suspension and a very good alignment, strut tower brace and performance tuning to 500 hp. Hood starts shaking at 180 kph, best is not to look at. The 6-AT reaches high speed in the sixth gear. There are no cooling issues on the Autobahn.

Nevertheless, you always have to look in the rearview mirror. Sometimes a Porsche or an AMG turns up.

Greetings from Germany,
Martin
Guaranteed, if you are in the Porsche lane over by Frankfurt am Main on A5 going north, a Porsche will be flashing you to move, out of the way !!!

OP
OP
lenFeb

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
Guaranteed, if you are in the Porsche lane over by Frankfurt am Main on A5 going north, a Porsche will be flashing you to move, out of the way !!!
Yeah, that is if you in Mustang GT...

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350

Greetings from Germany,
Martin
A while back I was on a strip of A61 around Mannheim and Hockenheim when I came upon a C63. After he realized he couldn't outpace the Shelby he moved aside and fell in behind me. Literally seconds later, an Aventador closed on us from behind. As we moved aside, rather than leaving us both in his vapor trail, he was gracious enough to ease in front of me to make a 3 car Autobahn parade.

I still kick myself for not having my dashcam up:
1) I would know what speed our "parade" was averaging. Nothing outrageous, but too fast to watch the speedometer, even on a Sunday--probably 240 kph or so average.;
2) I would have an awesome video of the Aventador exhaust breathing flames.

Fortunately, a properly adjusted hood won't shake at speed.
Sponsored