Sponsored

GT350/GT500/Mach 1 Spoiler Install (M-16600-FP)

Cloudy5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
I just grabbed a new GT350/GT500/Mach 1 wing and I’m curious about how everyone’s install went. I’ve already got in contact a shop to do the install, but I’m curious how everyone’s install went that did it themselves.

Good little weekend project or should I let the pros handle it? My car already has the stock non-PP1 wing so hopefully no drilling is required.
Sponsored

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
I did it myself on the Mule, a '16 Track Pack car with the stripes that go completely under the original spoiler. I gently warmed the perimeter of the spoiler and used a combination of a plastic putty knife and a body filler spreader to gently cut through the really, really strong 3M double sided tape under the spoiler and break the bond without causing damage to the trunk lid, paint, or stripes.

Also, note that each of the outboard corners have a very strong "Christmas tree" type embedded push pin that is connected to the spoiler and goes through a hole in the trunk lid. Those are really strong and will make it a bear to remove the original spoiler (see the red pin in one of the pics below).

I then used just my fingers to remove a big portion of the tape residue - gently rubbing to make it come off - rather than a scraper of any sort. Then, just some 3M adhesive remover to clean up the surface.

Here are a few pics.....

Original Track Pack Spoiler.jpg

No Spoiler 3M Tape Residue Rear.jpg

No Spoiler.jpg

OEM Track Pack Spoiler Center Attachment Area.jpg

OEM Track Pack Spoiler Pass End.jpg

Swing Installed 2.jpg

OP
OP
Cloudy5.0

Cloudy5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
I did it myself on the Mule, a '16 Track Pack car with the stripes that go completely under the original spoiler. I gently warmed the perimeter of the spoiler and used a combination of a plastic putty knife and a body filler spreader to gently cut through the really, really strong 3M double sided tape under the spoiler and break the bond without causing damage to the trunk lid, paint, or stripes.

Also, note that each of the outboard corners have a very strong "Christmas tree" type embedded push pin that is connected to the spoiler and goes through a hole in the trunk lid. Those are really strong and will make it a bear to remove the original spoiler (see the red pin in one of the pics below).

I then used just my fingers to remove a big portion of the tape residue - gently rubbing to make it come off - rather than a scraper of any sort. Then, just some 3M adhesive remover to clean up the surface.

Here are a few pics.....

Original Track Pack Spoiler.jpg

No Spoiler 3M Tape Residue Rear.jpg

No Spoiler.jpg

OEM Track Pack Spoiler Center Attachment Area.jpg

OEM Track Pack Spoiler Pass End.jpg

Swing Installed 2.jpg
Looks nice! How much aligning/measuring did you have to do to adjust it into place? Or is it sort of a “it is where it is” type of thing with all the bolts?

Revan9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ruan
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Curious about how easy this is to do, I'm thinking of adding this to my 2016 track pack.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Curious about how easy this is to do, I'm thinking of adding this to my 2016 track pack.
I did that to my 16. Not really that hard. Heat and patience then removing the left over adhesive

Saxgod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2021 Bronco Sport Outerbanks
I just grabbed a new GT350/GT500/Mach 1 wing and I’m curious about how everyone’s install went. I’ve already got in contact a shop to do the install, but I’m curious how everyone’s install went that did it themselves.

Good little weekend project or should I let the pros handle it? My car already has the stock non-PP1 wing so hopefully no drilling is required.
Did it myself a couple ff weeks ago. Definitely a do it yourself. Depending on your cars age and condition you may need some paint correction under your current wing. Mine had some mild scuffs that needing buffing. The install was really easy. Hardest part is removing the old One and that wasn’t that bad. Blow dryer, fishing string and plastic tool to help Separate the wing from the trunk.
Oh yah the rubber wheel For a drill for removing the adhesive.
Sponsored