Gt350 - Gt350R truck lid

pocketAA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R #850
Anyone notice fine scratches or swirl marks on the black portion of the trunk lid where the red gt350 logo is? My car is fairly new (900 miles) and have been using a microfiber towl with adam’s detail spray to wipe it off on occasion.
Sponsored

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
Anyone notice fine scratches or swirl marks on the black portion of the trunk lid where the red gt350 logo is? My car is fairly new (900 miles) and have been using a microfiber towl with adam’s detail spray to wipe it off on occasion.
It is black glossy paint (that and the TP spoiler) and it will show every single paint problem. Mine had them probably from the dealer trying to do stuff with it. I corrected them all and now it is in good shape - I personally avoid wiping the car if it is not right after a wash - a bit paranoia about it but I worked for a few days to correct the paint on it and I would rather drive the car a bit dirty than risk messing the paint up again.

OP
OP

pocketAA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R #850
How did you correct the light scratches? Its not as noticeable on the spoiler but it is on the trunk lid depending upon how the light hits it. Guess i cannot wipe it off anymore when it is a bit dusty.

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
I used my random orbital buffer for that, lake country foam pads and Menzerna polishes (different grades). Tape up the Shelby emblem when you do it. For this black paint it took a little time to get it the way I wanted. and 2 grades of polish (it depends on how deep your swirls are).

As far as wiping stuff off you can technically do it with the right sprays and soft microfiber but I just avoid that.

OP
OP

pocketAA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R #850
I used adam’s detail spray and a microfiber towel used for tv screens, im not sure how much careful you can get. I see this as being an issue thus far with the gt350.

Sponsored

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
The deck lid is not painted, that is a molded PC/ABS part and can scratch easily. But the fine scratches can be buffed out with some careful work.

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
The deck lid is not painted, that is a molded PC/ABS part and can scratch easily. But the fine scratches can be buffed out with some careful work.
It makes sense since it was very soft and pretty hard to fix. I always thought it was just crappy paint.

But like you said with the right pad and polish it comes up quite nicely.

OP
OP

pocketAA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R #850
Ok thanks. It is quite annoying to be honest. I hardly put any pressure when using the detail spray and MF towel. Its also not like there was a ton of dust debris either just the normal accumulation from a 50-70 mile drive on the highway lol.

Ill need to look into that then.

Thanks!

VooDoo387R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R & 2020 GT500
I had that part and the rear spoiler wrapped in protective film to avoid just that. But as it has been said, it can be corrected.

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
I had my nose, leading 18" of the hood and the mirrors PPF'd. I only learned after the last hand wash I should have done in front of the rear wheels and now I learn the spoiler and trunk lid should've been done. Geez.

Sponsored

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
I had my nose, leading 18" of the hood and the mirrors PPF'd. I only learned after the last hand wash I should have done in front of the rear wheels and now I learn the spoiler and trunk lid should've been done. Geez.
From those the only area you really, really want to do it is the front of the rear wheels (that and mud flaps on the front wheels). I did that myself with the Anchor Room kit.

milner_7

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.highdefinitionautodetail.ca
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue
Vehicle Showcase
I corrected my spoiler and decklid panel yesterday. Scratch X 2.0 and DA with a orange Lake & Country pad. If it has any dust don't even breath on it. slow speed and light pressure. Those area's are very soft but will shine nice when done
Sponsored