Sponsored

GT350 & GT350R steering wheels

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
How come it seems folks are unloading the wheels - meaning people who have bought them from vendors, or even actual GT350/350R owners? The classified section seems to have these listed consistently regardless of owner.

Is the comfort of the wheel not all it's cracked up to be, or is it the the fact that the Alacantra material wears prematurely over leather?
Sponsored

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
can't speak for others but i am planning on replacing mine because i want something custom with a slightly thicker hoop diameter. Coming from an E92 M3 that is what i prefer. The stock wheel is fine in all other regards for me its just personal preference. As far as selling it though i won't sell any of the OEM parts from my car, i want to be able to return it to absolute stock form if i were ever to sell it.

Coconut

Poptart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic manual
Main two reasons I can think of is some people end up realizing they don't like the feel of alcantara or they want a small/thicker wheel. The GT350/R wheel is too much like the stock wheel, just different materials and a somewhat flat bottom.

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
Main two reasons I can think of is some people end up realizing they don't like the feel of alcantara or they want a small/thicker wheel. The GT350/R wheel is too much like the stock wheel, just different materials and a somewhat flat bottom.
^^^ in hindsight wish that I had shown more restraint and waited on some of the aftermarket wheels that are on the market now. The Alcantara doesn't bother me as I drive with gloves on most of the time but the bottom on the GT350 wheel could be flatter esp when compared to some of the wheels that are offered up to the BMW/Audi crowd. Hell even the steering wheel that comes in the new Camaro has more of a pronounced flat bottom.

Smarz1018

ScubaSteve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang Eco-boost
Just gonna leave this here.....:headbang:

Sponsored

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple

Smarz1018

ScubaSteve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang Eco-boost
I love it, the quality is amazing and definitely worth the price. Coming from a GT350 wheel as well.

PatrickGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I hated alcantara since I had it in my E46 ZHP and it pilled up like everyone else's.

So, I had mine redone in half perforated / half smooth leather with slightly thicker padding and I love it:

JtawJIP.jpg

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette
I guess I must be the only one that likes the 350R wheel.

Sponsored

bigdave03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2106 Mustang Gt
I guess I must be the only one that likes the 350R wheel.
I love mine too. IMO the wheel above looks straight out of pep boys. It may be high quality but doesn't look good at all.

Smarz1018

ScubaSteve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang Eco-boost
I love mine too. IMO the wheel above looks straight out of pep boys. It may be high quality but doesn't look good at all.
Lmao "out of pep boys" .... but hey to each their own right?

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Lol @ 'pep boys' A little extreme.

Those carbon wheels are slick!

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Carbon fiber isn't to everyone's taste, but to those who have the fetish, these wheels are the real deal.
I like the shape and look of the wheel, it also looks exactly like the Carbon Dynamics GT350 R wheel. They also sell it in reddish carbon fiber as well.
Sponsored