Sponsored

GT350 Gripes and Complaints

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
Other than wishing Ford had included oil quantity indication I wish the center gauges were easier to read, especially the oil temp, the angle sucks and the needle is much too wide to get at a glance readings.
Sponsored

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Other than wishing Ford had included oil quantity indication I wish the center gauges were easier to read, especially the oil temp, the angle sucks and the needle is much too wide to get at a glance readings.
Just set your center stats to view Axle, Engine Oil, and Trans temp. I think the center gauges were just for show and maybe your co-pilot.

Egparson202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2018 Audi TTRS
Just set your center stats to view Axle, Engine Oil, and Trans temp. I think the center gauges were just for show and maybe your co-pilot.
100% agree. I like seeing CHT as well. Canā€™t quite get ā€˜em all in a single view. OTOH Iā€™ve never had all these gauges. No complaint here on this one.

s2ms

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
1966 GT350 - 6S1757, 2017 GT350 - H3303
^ This.

Speaking of the center gauges...it would have been nice to have a digital oil pressure gauge included on the 2018 and earlier cars. IIRC this was available starting very late 2018?

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Unless you have CF wheels - then just set gauges to tire pressure display ;)

Sponsored

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Unless you have CF wheels - then just set gauges to tire pressure display ;)
I don't bother with the tire pressure display anymore. From experience, I know their ready to go by the 3rd lap. I make sure their set to my desired cold temps through the use of a pro tire gauge and inflate/deflate as needed before getting on track and then by the 3rd lap we're usually ready to go.

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Hey, I'd love to have those bar/Celcius set !! Wanna exchange ?
(Before you ask, I'm french living in Canada so yeah my brain is still not converted to PSI/F :-D )

Yves.
Send me yours and I'll send you mine in return.

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Here's a list of real gripes:

1) The parts bin approach to the hood and the wiper. How do they end up with a car that the wiper makes inevitable contact with the rear edge of the hood and just say "fkcu it, it's too late to do anything about it."

2) Prop rod on a $60k+ vehicle? Seriously? I'm not expecting luxury items everywhere, but c'mon. With so many "budget" vehicles that come with hood struts, it's beyond cheap and tacky.

3) The calculator radio. I swear someone at Ford said "hey, we have this tiny, shitty screen and nothing else to fill up this space, what should we do?" "Just fill it in with a zillion buttons." Honestly, they'd have been better off to just leave an open DIN slot and said "we've knocked off the $441 for a terrible and nearly useless radio/screen so that you can put that money toward something more useful."

4) Oil filter location. I'm betting, that it costs MORE for Ford and other manufacturers to do tacky shit like put a door in the belly pan that it would have cost for a simple and effective remote filter relocation. Not only would it have probably prevented the initial canister style issues, it would make it so you can service the car easily without doing all sorts of gymnastics to keep an angled filter from dripping on stuff. I have this complaint of most vehicles though. If the EPA really wanted to make a difference, they'd require all vehicles to have a remote/accessible filter location that's perfectly upgright which would go a long way to preventing spills and oily rags (that go in land fills) x a zillion cars.

5) The grenade. It would cost them $.30/vehicle to have blacked out the grenade and left a strip/window for observing coolant level. Trivial impact, huge improvement to the aesthetics of the engine bay. (obviously this issue is more than just the 350)

6) The body panels. Seriously, Ford engineers and architects ought to hang their head in shame. The problems with mustang front panel tabs breaking and the rear gap are absurd. It's what you expect from a cheap 1980's car that's just getting into poly or non-metal paneling.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
I don't bother with the tire pressure display anymore. From experience, I know their ready to go by the 3rd lap. I make sure their set to my desired cold temps through the use of a pro tire gauge and inflate/deflate as needed before getting on track and then by the 3rd lap we're usually ready to go.
My ā€œactualā€ tire pressure is 3-4 psi higher than the digital gauges.
What have others found?

Sponsored

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
My ā€œactualā€ tire pressure is 3-4 psi higher than the digital gauges.
What have others found?
I think I understand your comment. I have found that the TPMS data is higher than an actual Longacre Tire PSI Gauge reading. The handheld tool is obviously more accurate and reads to the tenths or hundredths depending on the model you went with. I obviously trust the handheld device more. TPMS sensor normally catches up after a few minutes on the road.

Biggest current gripe I have is the resonator deleted exhaust note on this VooDoo is keeping me from pulling the trigger on a Porsche GT4.
Ford did such an amazing job on giving us the best exhaust note ever produced...!!!!
Both are terrific cars, you cannot go wrong with either.
1638315107932.png

Last edited:

Hawkeye1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350, Tesla Mdl X, 911 GT3, V90, 911S, Z4
I think I understand your comment. I have found that the TPMS data is higher than an actual Longacre Tire PSI Gauge reading. The handheld tool is obviously more accurate and reads to the tenths or hundredths depending on the model you went with. I obviously trust the handheld device more. TPMS sensor normally catches up after a few minutes on the road.

1638315107932.png
Or just borrow the cash (a lot of cash) and get both... Different experiences, but great fun.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe

1638315107932.png
Do you fine the Porsche or Mustang less forgiving with the front ride height and inclines?

Working on finding someone in the local club to get my wife a ride in a GT4. ;)