Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
I wish that i didn't have to cut my upper grill but i guess i could always buy a replacement if its that big of a deal.

On the rear hook, it mounts in place of the rear back up light, this is the only backup light on our car correct? I'm not sure if i want to get rid of my reverse light (even though i like the look)

TheDeadCow

Just some guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Hot Rod
Vehicle Showcase
I wish that i didn't have to cut my upper grill but i guess i could always buy a replacement if its that big of a deal.

On the rear hook, it mounts in place of the rear back up light, this is the only backup light on our car correct? I'm not sure if i want to get rid of my reverse light (even though i like the look)
fml... didn't even notice that

Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
I'm not liking the tail pipes.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I'm not liking the tail pipes.
It's a race car, doesn't need fake tips when adding weight and complication is pointless.

As far as the backup light is concerned, who cares? Nobody pays attention to it anyway. Especially since GM in their infinite wisdom decided to have reverse lights come on as courtesy lights. Love waiting for a spot only to find its just someone getting out of their car.

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R

I'd prefer the plastic one on the 350s. Mainly since carbon gets absolutely chewed up and looks like shit after a little use. Dry carbon in matte finish seems to fair better but then the cost tends to kill the practicality. I like the GT4 aero work better, especially it's lack of support rod's. It appears there are "no step" stickers are the dive planes as well.. nice touch.
01-2017-ford-mustang-gt4-sema-1.jpg

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
It's a race car, doesn't need fake tips when adding weight and complication is pointless.

As far as the backup light is concerned, who cares? Nobody pays attention to it anyway. Especially since GM in their infinite wisdom decided to have reverse lights come on as courtesy lights. Love waiting for a spot only to find its just someone getting out of their car.
Well no kidding I get that. My point is they should stick them out further. Like maybe 2-3" more inches. (Sarcasm)

I didn't say anything about the tow hook location. I'm going with these hooks, I don't need no stinking back up light anyhow.

Sponsored

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Well no kidding I get that. My point is they should stick them out further. Like maybe 2-3" more inches. (Sarcasm)

I didn't say anything about the tow hook location. I'm going with these hooks, I don't need no stinking back up light anyhow.

My guess is it was done to prevent melting the diffuser, the stock 350 tips are heat shields more than anything. I've personally had exhaust melt a plastic bumper on my previous car. Or perhaps there is a rule regarding exhaust exit.

I wasn't referring to you, the other two above made comments about the back up light but multi-quote is a pita on my phone.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I'd prefer the plastic one on the 350s. Mainly since carbon gets absolutely chewed up and looks like shit after a little use. Dry carbon in matte finish seems to fair better but then the cost tends to kill the practicality. I like the GT4 aero work better, especially it's lack of support rod's. It appears there are "no step" stickers are the dive planes as well.. nice touch.

I still want to know if the hood is available for sale

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
I still want to know if the hood is available for sale
If you're referring to the GT4 tiger hood, no it's not. I called multimatic and they said not now and not for a long time.

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
Has anyone had any luck ordering these yet?

OP
OP

stang302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I don't like the idea of cutting up the grill either, but if it's not much, I'd consider it if it has a better mounting point and centered unlike the other one that's available that mounts on the side. Although if the rear one is something that's easy enough to swap in and out, that would be my pick. I'd put it on for track days and then still have the reverse light the rest of the time. But yeah, who needs a backup light anyway.
Sponsored