Sponsored

GT350 FORScan Tweaks

Chumley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT350, '18 GOLF R, '09 BMW 335
Anyone run into any references to backup camera initialization in FORScan?

Figured the $40 for a replacement camera module was INFINITATELY preferable than leaving the car with the dealer for the day so I swapped my defective (recalled) module myself. Took all of 5 minutes.

Problem is the lines are gone. Did the disconnect battery, check settings, drive the car for a while, etc. suggestions I found online. Read there was something the dealer does do involving software so I thought I'd ask here.

I suspect there's something in coding that ties the camera to the steering angle sensor or something in Sync that needs resetting. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Sponsored

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Anyone run into any references to backup camera initialization in FORScan?

Figured the $40 for a replacement camera module was INFINITATELY preferable than leaving the car with the dealer for the day so I swapped my defective (recalled) module myself. Took all of 5 minutes.

Problem is the lines are gone. Did the disconnect battery, check settings, drive the car for a while, etc. suggestions I found online. Read there was something the dealer does do involving software so I thought I'd ask here.

I suspect there's something in coding that ties the camera to the steering angle sensor or something in Sync that needs resetting. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
When a camera is replaced, the dealer has to flash/program the camera. It will need to be flashed to get the lines back.

nico01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
nicolas
Vehicle(s)
ford mustang 2.3 ecoboost
bonjour, je suis français et en janvier j'ai acheté une GT350 que j'ai reçue en novembre.
Grâce à votre forum, j'ai réussi à obtenir les fréquences radio de l'UE.
J'ai le GPS mais avec la carte US et j'aimerais savoir si quelqu'un sait comment obtenir la carte EU (j'ai gardé la dernière mise à jour de la carte EU de mon ancienne mustang)
Merci

Chumley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT350, '18 GOLF R, '09 BMW 335
Update - Found a 2018 post that explained it. DTC scan in FORscan - reset BCM and APIM and recalibrate the camera and it works perfect. Actually think the lines are better represented location wise. I swear it lowered them down noticeably.

johani

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nael
Vehicle(s)
GT350 2016 twine turbo