Sponsored

GT350 FORScan Tweaks

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
I'm trying to experiment with the idea of adding fogs to the GT350. I bought a headlight switch with foglamps but the bcm needs to accept the can bus message. I'm curious if it would even have the necessary relays to activate anything. Has anyone discovered how to make this change in Forsscan at least?
I have a question if you could check something for me. I installed a 350 gauge cluster but the car will chime when the driver door is open all of the time. I bought a 350 headlight switch and plugged it in real quick and it does the same thing. I was wondering if you get the chance to see if plugging in the normal 15-17 switch causes the 350 to chime constantly. It should chime with the door open and no switch plugged in.
Sponsored

kommons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I have a question if you could check something for me. I installed a 350 gauge cluster but the car will chime when the driver door is open all of the time. I bought a 350 headlight switch and plugged it in real quick and it does the same thing. I was wondering if you get the chance to see if plugging in the normal 15-17 switch causes the 350 to chime constantly. It should chime with the door open and no switch plugged in.
These are the conditions you want me to test?

GT350 Switch Door Open
15-17 Switch Door Open
No Switch Door Open

I will have to verify, but from what I recall, I only got constant chime with switch disconnected. The car will also turn on all lights until the switch is plugged back in. Huge problem if you are just playing around with headlight switch. I will confirm and get back to you though.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
These are the conditions you want me to test?

GT350 Switch Door Open
15-17 Switch Door Open
No Switch Door Open

I will have to verify, but from what I recall, I only got constant chime with switch disconnected. The car will also turn on all lights until the switch is plugged back in. Huge problem if you are just playing around with headlight switch. I will confirm and get back to you though.
Yes those would be perfect! All the lights being turned on is weird as heck. With the 350 cluster installed my car chimes even with the switch installed but I was interested to see if the 350 would chime without the switch or the switch with the foglight buttons. The 350 switch worked on the GT but you just couldn’t use the foglights (was hoping the chime would stop). I figured it might have been the switch the cluster didn’t like since car chimed like there was no headlight switch plugged in but that wasn’t the case for me.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
USER SUBMISSIONS WANTED

I've had this idea in the back of my head for a while, and in my spare time over the last month I've gotten it setup and working how I think it should.

How often do we tell people doing swaps that they need to find an as-built file for a car identical to theirs, but with the option they're swapping in? How often do you find yourself trying to figure out where something is configured in the as-built, and then you think "man, if I had the as-built file for a car configured with EXACTLY these options, this would be easier to figure out."

To that end, I came up with the S550 As-Built Library. I'm hoping this will be a resource for people who are doing swaps, hunting for as-built mods, or fixing their cars many years from now outside of warranty support.

What it needs is a lot more submissions, and I need to crowd source that. I added 39 submissions of my own to get it started, and it was a lot of work. The end goal should be to have an example of every single possible configuration of options that have a meaningful effect on as-built (so we don't care about paint, fancy wheels, etc.)

There aren't many GT350s in there yet, but there should be!

kommons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
USER SUBMISSIONS WANTED

I've had this idea in the back of my head for a while, and in my spare time over the last month I've gotten it setup and working how I think it should.

How often do we tell people doing swaps that they need to find an as-built file for a car identical to theirs, but with the option they're swapping in? How often do you find yourself trying to figure out where something is configured in the as-built, and then you think "man, if I had the as-built file for a car configured with EXACTLY these options, this would be easier to figure out."

To that end, I came up with the S550 As-Built Library. I'm hoping this will be a resource for people who are doing swaps, hunting for as-built mods, or fixing their cars many years from now outside of warranty support.

What it needs is a lot more submissions, and I need to crowd source that. I added 39 submissions of my own to get it started, and it was a lot of work. The end goal should be to have an example of every single possible configuration of options that have a meaningful effect on as-built (so we don't care about paint, fancy wheels, etc.)

There aren't many GT350s in there yet, but there should be!

I think it's a great idea, however your columns need to expose all options. Otherwise you don't know what you are comparing. Does it have ambient light, which audio system, fogs/no fogs, heated seats,heated steering, seat memory, I dunno what else. The GT350s are fairly standard, if you have 4 as built files you probably have them all.

Sponsored

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I think it's a great idea, however your columns need to expose all options. Otherwise you don't know what you are comparing. Does it have ambient light, which audio system, fogs/no fogs, heated seats,heated steering, seat memory, I dunno what else. The GT350s are fairly standard, if you have 4 as built files you probably have them all.
I don't think you're correct. What you stated there is tied to models, trims, and packages as far as I'm aware. They aren't standalone options. So you just have to know what the package entails.

As far as the heated seats thing goes - on the non GT350 cars, the car will have heated seats if it's a Premium without Recaros - and "Recaros" is an option you can select.

gravedgr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I'm about to buy a OBD unit, FORSCAN and a windows tablet to modify the settings on my '17 F150. I'd like to do the same for my GT350, but there doesn't appear to be a comprehensive list of the available changes on the Shelby.

Am I understanding that right?

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
It sounds like you're trying to duplicate what AsBuiltExplorer already does.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I'm about to buy a OBD unit, FORSCAN and a windows tablet to modify the settings on my '17 F150. I'd like to do the same for my GT350, but there doesn't appear to be a comprehensive list of the available changes on the Shelby.

Am I understanding that right?
There is this sheet that someone made specifically for GT350s, although I'd avoid it because the characters aren't properly isolated. You generally never want to just blindly swap an entire line of as-built. For example, we generally refer to as-built mods like this:

Enable Awesome Feature

AWM 799-01-01 xxxx xxxx x8xx
Where the x means to leave that character alone. So you'd just set the 10th character to 8. But what's in that GT350 sheet is all like this:

Enable Awesome Feature

AWM 799-01-01 105E CD00 0897
That's really bad practice! Only one of those digits is responsible for the awesome feature, but changing all of the digits can (and often does) have unintended consequences.

If you're not afraid of picking up some kind of disease, you might venture into the non-GT350 parts of the forum, where we have this awesome thread. Believe it or not, your GT350 shares electronics with lesser cars.

From that thread we have some users that have created some good spreadsheets of as-built mods:

Fionic's sheet - no longer maintained
Another sheet - not sure if maintained
@StangATX 's website - community supported

Also, if you're on the F150Forum, the spreadsheet those guys maintain has a bunch of stuff that may apply to your car. Ford goes to the "parts bin" so to speak with it comes to the firmware on their modules - oftentimes, the as-built for a given line on a module works exactly the same across models.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
It sounds like you're trying to duplicate what AsBuiltExplorer already does.
Is that in reference to my earlier post? I would say it hugely complements AsBuiltExplorer. You could use (and I do use) AsBuiltExplorer to compare cars with slightly different options to figure out how the As-Built interacts with those options.

AsBuiltExplorer doesn't come with any as-built files - it's useless without them.

Sponsored

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Browse dealer sites and gather a list of VIN's. Then go to the service site and download as-builts and ETIS files. It's tedious but it works.
You uh, may have missed the point. That tedious part is exactly what I'm trying to save people from doing.

It's a lot of replicated labor that's wasted when we could be doing better things...

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
There is this sheet that someone made specifically for GT350s, although I'd avoid it because the characters aren't properly isolated. You generally never want to just blindly swap an entire line of as-built.
The sheet you linked to was developed as the Forscan tweeks were just being understood here. Though it might not follow the emerging protocol about how to communicate changes, there's no reason doubt the information contained. It was developed, maintained, and protected by member [MENTION=18007]mattlqx[/MENTION], a trusted source.

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
The sheet you linked to was developed as the Forscan tweeks were just being understood here. Though it might not follow the emerging protocol about how to communicate changes, there's no reason doubt the information contained. It was developed, maintained, and protected by member [MENTION=18007]mattlqx[/MENTION], a trusted source.
Actually as Spart previously stated, you do NOT want to blindly change an entire as-built line of code without knowing what you're doing. While you might want to just change a single thing, switching the entire code will change multiple things, potentially causing unwanted results. However trust worthy your source is, posting an entire code from another car is not the correct answer to making changes.

I would HIGHLY recommend that everyone spend some time in the as-built thread over in the DIY forum to understand what each bit of code modifies prior to making any adjustments on your car. If you don't, you could end up causing yourself more trouble than happiness.
Sponsored