Sponsored

GT350 FORScan Tweaks

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Help wanted!

For those of you that have changed axle ratio or tire size in the BCM and would like to eliminate your P160A DTC in the PCM: I'm going to assist the FORScan devs in testing a new feature in FORScan - a procedure to reinitialize the PCM so it will relearn vehicle data like the tire size and axle ratio. Once this is done, you can clear the P160A DTC and it doesn't come back assuming the procedure works on your car.

I've tested it and it works on my 2017 GT w/6spd manual.

We need to try and test every combo of year/engine/trans out there, so please check this post if you're interested in helping.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Good job Spart. Appreciate your clear and concise posts on the matter.

guzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT350, 2019 Mustang GT
Low battery voltage warning in forscan

I have a 2017 GT350 that I can connect to in forscan but it’s giving me a low voltage warning when I’m running play to get in and tweak things. I check voltage with a handheld meter and it’s showing over 12. Forscan reads under 11.6 even after leaving it hooked up to a charger for 2 hrs. Not sure what’s going on. The car runs great and is not giving me any voltage low messages on the display. The OBDll connection is via Bluetooth module I found on amazon that has a switch to cycle between modes. I’m running the latest version of the software that I downloaded on Saturday.

TaraFirma

Wait.....Wut?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 17 GT350, 19 GT, 65 coupe, 13 F-150, 14 Porsche Panamera eHybrid
I have a 2017 GT350 that I can connect to in forscan but it’s giving me a low voltage warning when I’m running play to get in and tweak things. I check voltage with a handheld meter and it’s showing over 12. Forscan reads under 11.6 even after leaving it hooked up to a charger for 2 hrs. Not sure what’s going on. The car runs great and is not giving me any voltage low messages on the display. The OBDll connection is via Bluetooth module I found on amazon that has a switch to cycle between modes. I’m running the latest version of the software that I downloaded on Saturday.
Check all your ground points. Classic symptoms of a bad ground.

guzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Check all your ground points. Classic symptoms of a bad ground.
All my connections are tight. I’m suspecting my adapter wasn’t making good connection at the OBDII port. It’s a vintpro OBD2 it says on the box. Got it off amazon. They called it a bbfly I think. It’s got an external toggle for the modes. It went on the connection very tight and didn’t feel like it wanted to seat well. I have a scan tool mx Bluetooth coming now. I’ll retry with that. Car has no low voltage messages and otherwise runs great.

Sponsored

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
All my connections are tight. I’m suspecting my adapter wasn’t making good connection at the OBDII port. It’s a vintpro OBD2 it says on the box. Got it off amazon. They called it a bbfly I think. It’s got an external toggle for the modes. It went on the connection very tight and didn’t feel like it wanted to seat well. I have a scan tool mx Bluetooth coming now. I’ll retry with that. Car has no low voltage messages and otherwise runs great.
I'd be highly suspect of the reader you bought.

The ODBLink MX Bluetooth has almost a 100% success rate with FORScan. It's what I always recommend because other adapters can be so hit and miss.

Reactions: Ebm

guzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

The ODBLink MX Bluetooth has almost a 100% success rate with FORScan. It's what I always recommend because other adapters can be so hit and miss.
Yeah. I suspected it was the issue. I searched but couldn’t find others reporting similar problem with it. The OBDlink MX I have coming will work well and serve dual purpose with my track days and running track addict on the phone too. I already had a go point BT1 that I used for that purpose. I’ll just resell my gopoint or use it somewhere.

guzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

OBDlink mx did it. I have the P0160 DTC. Please let me know what I can do to test out removing it.

Puffin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 Black W/ Blue Stripes (H4044)
does anyone know how to enable dark mode on the 17's? i tried to code in the excel sheet but it didn't work... any help?

JJones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 s550GT
Anyone know how to enable the exhaust switch on the center council? I went from a track base screen to a 8’in screen sync 3

Sponsored

Helmet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dude
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Did you get the SYNC 3 from OEMRadio?

JJones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 s550GT
No I built it myself

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
No I built it myself

[MENTION=20374]JJones[/MENTION] you saw this post on what needs changed for the regular cars, right? That should at least apply to the hazard toggle for you, and might give you a hint as to where to look to find any info on the exhaust toggle.

How is the exhaust mode changed on GT350's with the base bezel? The right-side lower steering controls are suspension, drive mode, and steering regardless of whether the car has Sync 3, right? And on the 4" screen GT350's the buttons to the right of the start button are hazard, TC, and launch control right? Sync 3 GT350's just have the extra exhaust toggle there? So how do you currently change exhaust mode, or do non-tech pack cars just not have the fancy exhaust?

Also, did you end up getting a GT350 bezel? I saw in the pic you posted in the main Sync 3 swap thread that you had a bezel out of a non-GT350 car.

If you've still got that non-GT350 bezel, unfortunately I don't think there's any realistic way to turn one of those switches into a exhaust mode toggle. The bezel has a circuit board and actually sends CAN signals when you hit the switches. So the regular bezel sends signals for hazards, TC, steering, and drive mode, and nothing you can do to change that. Not like the old days where a switch would be hooked up to some wires that ran to a central module. Like say you wanted to change the redundant steering toggle into an exhaust toggle. If I had to guess, the steering button on your wheel and the non-GT350 bezel actually send the exact same CAN signal. So even if you somehow managed to flash other modules to interpret that signal differently (which nobody knows how to do, to my knowledge) now your steering feel button on the wheel would also work differently and you'd have no way to adjust it. See the problem?

There's a similar issue with the "Tesla" Android units that people swap in. For whatever inane reason, those bezels have a mode toggle, and it's setup from the factory to send signals for BOTH Max AC and Drive Mode toggle at the same time. Guys with base cars don't get drive modes, but can enable them with a Premium Bezel. When they do that FORScan mod with the "Tesla" bezel though, it doesn't stop the bezel from sending that Max AC signal. Just nothing you can do.

I did have another guy PM me that had the opposite situation as you though (non-GT350 car, trying to swap in a Sync 3 unit and bezel from a wrecked GT350) and was maybe looking to sell his GT350 bezel, so maybe if he's still got it you guys could swap.

JJones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 s550GT
that would be great im talking to 50 deep about swaping bezels since he has a GT350 n i have a standard. my hazards work fine so does my traction control. the exhaust is changed through the track apps for a track pack gt350 that still works fine. Thanks for the heads up! if you could get me in contact with the guy you know who has the GT350 bezel that would be great! thanks!

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I have a 2016 Track Pack car and upgraded to the 8" screen using factory Ford parts from OEMRadio (Jesse, here on the forums). Early on, nobody knew what figures to enter in to activate the toggle on the new bezel. That is no longer the case. You have to have the factory 8" bezel and once you do the new toggle can be activated.
Sponsored