Sponsored

GT350 FORScan Tweaks

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Alright guys, there's some good news and some bad news but we're making progress :thumbsup:

I just received my OBDLink MX today and began playing around with the settings like Epiphany and Mattlqx. Using the information Matt provided, I updated the Transmission Oil and Differential/Axle Oil temperature configuration (Address 720-06-01) in my As Built file (Tech Package) using ForScan.

After making those changes I was able to display both oil temperatures (transmission and differential) in my tech package, however the differential output shows up completely blank when you check under the Gauge Detail menu in the car.

Any thoughts on this?
Just ordered my OBDLink MX! Thanks for finding this. Looking forward to monitoring my trans temp.
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Is it possible to change the default settings? (sport exhaust on startup)?

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
I have a base 2016 V6 Mustang and it seems that mine came with the oil Trans Temp on the dash screen. I just took apart my ELM327 and made it into an MS-CAN. I didn't use any switch I just made a home made toggle with 2 cables lol. It's a little messi though...

Black cables are 6& 14 from the device
Green cables are 6 & 14 (HS-CAN)
Blue cables are 3 & 11 (MS-CAN)
White cables are the toggle switch. I just move them on either green or blue to switch mode.

fREuNIrlMINMWqMs9NJ704Nj8li1nue4GxtGxCcTJlNUrTxlEUK20gWxldUzijcB00HD_y193g=w5121-h3201-no.jpg

ML2nf83CIE5_IgUltbHOroxhiGNsqUW0SKhxB0hFu_YrJCrEwFtKz0xIermvT5jKZ6qDG8PX0A=w5121-h3201-no.jpg

fK0i-ZNbhJ9DYSKLk2sl6-QtDWh1CeCgVvCb6fwMTCoFOXw2IgCdpN861Xo_Ci1sYhC71pmIRg=w5121-h3201-no.jpg

I can't wait to mess around with the coding of the car :headbang:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Just returned from a trip over to see my good friend Chris about this. I asked him if we could dive back in and see what else we could do.

We changed some of the data in the module configuration (not simply an "enable" or "disable" prompt) and the checksum worked itself out and were able to shut the "sound enhancement" off. The car seems a little quiter, almost as if the exhaust from outside is muffled slightly. Or I'm losing it.:)

I also wanted to enable "dark car mode." In essence, much like the way it is done for law enforcement sometimes, the interior lights stay off when you open the door to get out or when entering the vehicle. It took three tries to come up with the correct sequence and now I have it.

I took some screen shots of the numerical sequences we used to edit the AB numbers and I'll get them up tomorrow.

Sponsored

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Just returned from a trip over to see my good friend Chris about this. I asked him if we could dive back in and see what else we could do.

We changed some of the data in the module configuration (not simply an "enable" or "disable" prompt) and the checksum worked itself out and were able to shut the "sound enhancement" off. The car seems a little quiter, almost as if the exhaust from outside is muffled slightly. Or I'm losing it.:)

I also wanted to enable "dark car mode." In essence, much like the way it is done for law enforcement sometimes, the interior lights stay off when you open the door to get out or when entering the vehicle. It took three tries to come up with the correct sequence and now I have it.

I took some screen shots of the numerical sequences we used to edit the AB numbers and I'll get them up tomorrow.
Oh boy. I like that sound enhancement non-sense being turned off. 5 star thread!

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
You guys are awesome! I just got mine done this evening... now I can see transmission temps on my dash in my Tech Pack!

picture.jpg
If it just a software change, why is Fird enabling it? Especially since there are a lot of trans temp issues?

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
If it just a software change, why is Fird enabling it? Especially since there are a lot of trans temp issues?
There is no reason other than they wanted the temp display to be a "premium" feature of the Track package. It's all marketing and corporate BS, the same reason they wouldn't sell Tech+Track together in the first place.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Well since there is no longer a Track vs Tech issue in MY 17 and beyond, Ford needs to just enable this through a firmware update.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
You guys are awesome! I just got mine done this evening... now I can see transmission temps on my dash in my Tech Pack!

Great to hear. And see!

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
There is no reason other than they wanted the temp display to be a "premium" feature of the Track package. It's all marketing and corporate BS, the same reason they wouldn't sell Tech+Track together in the first place.
I had a thought. Maybe Ford disabled it on the Tech/base models, because they didn't want us seeing how hot it actually gets without coolers.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
I had a thought. Maybe Ford disabled it on the Tech/base models, because they didn't want us seeing how hot it actually gets without coolers.
That's been my concern since the reports of limp mode started coming out.. damage to the transmission due to running hot, effects of multiple limp modes...
Very much appreciate the info from all :thumbsup:

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I'll need to invest in these things to get that gauge now.

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
Fellas -

I apologize in advance for my ignorance here. I've read that the thread but having a bit of a tough time following.

If anyone has any free moments today, would it be possible to outline what we need to do to turn on the trans temp gauge? I see some numbers, but I assume that I don't just click 'on' :)

My car is at the dealership tomorrow for a separate issue and I was going to ask that they turn it on.
Sponsored