OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Direct from the factory Ford 2016 Mustang service CD. Note that not all of the modules are listed. Highlight done by me.

Sponsored

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Sorry for sounding stupid, but how do you access that gauge detail screen i'm seeing in your pic ? :shrug:
Hey Dan,

When the code is changed, the trans temp will be included in the list of gauge details accessed through the left cluster on your steering wheel and displayed in the dash's center screen. :cheers:

Socal350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryant
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2008 Mustang GT
Sorry for sounding stupid, but how do you access that gauge detail screen i'm seeing in your pic ? :shrug:
Haha not at all! As knowledgeable as we may think we are, you're never done learning new things :)

You can access the gauge detail screen by using the arrows (top left) on the steering wheel. If you're looking at the digital speedometer, just keep pushing up until you hit the gauge detail screen.

You can also access it by pushing the left arrow on the steering wheel (may need to push it a few times). This should bring you to the main menu, showing all of the different car menus like: track apps, gauge mode/detail, trip/fuel, driver assist, settings, etc.

SoCal, Matt or E-piphny,
Does changing that code also include the trans temp in the 'analog' display options that we can scroll through?
Yup! I knew I should have taken that photo :headbonk:

But ya if you go to the transmission oil temp and hit the right arrow on the steering wheel, you can view the analog display as well

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Haha not at all! As knowledgeable as we may think we are, you're never done learning new things :) INDEED!!!!

But ya if you go to the transmission oil temp and hit the right arrow on the steering wheel, you can view the analog display as well
Very cool! Thanks SoCal

Sponsored

TonyJ5150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Any conclusion on the exhaust valve..being able to keep it shut?

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Im interested in that remote start
Not sure if it will work in a Ford MAnual Trans. Remote starts generally only work on Automatics for Ford.

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7

Sponsored

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
Yeah I dunno im pretty sure the car has a sensor to know if it's in gear
At minimum, the interlock on the clutch would need to be bypassed. Ford doesn't have remote start on any of its manuals AFAIK, so this would need to be some sort of aftermarket flash to make that happen I think. I'm not sure what would happen if you had the clutch switch closed all the time.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I dunno im pretty sure the car has a sensor to know if it's in gear
I just know Ford doesn't offer it in manuals for a reason. Maybe liability?

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Hey Dan,

When the code is changed, the trans temp will be included in the list of gauge details accessed through the left cluster on your steering wheel and displayed in the dash's center screen. :cheers:
Haha not at all! As knowledgeable as we may think we are, you're never done learning new things :)

You can access the gauge detail screen by using the arrows (top left) on the steering wheel. If you're looking at the digital speedometer, just keep pushing up until you hit the gauge detail screen.

You can also access it by pushing the left arrow on the steering wheel (may need to push it a few times). This should bring you to the main menu, showing all of the different car menus like: track apps, gauge mode/detail, trip/fuel, driver assist, settings, etc.

Yup! I knew I should have taken that photo :headbonk:

Guess i'm gonna have to start learning the different buttons on the steering wheel. :headbonk:

Thanks guys :thumbsup:
Sponsored