CompO5.sl0w

GTFO_0021
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP / 2015 Jeep Rubicon
There's plenty of guys who got Non-Rs at sticker. 10k ADM for a non-r is ridiculous.

And with a hood being 3k, fenders being ~1500 each, bumper, radiator support, like I said it'd be pushing 8k I bet easily BEFORE paint/applying to vehicle (body work)
Well yeah, before, It's probably pretty rare now though. If there's one available with tech pack for no ADM, let me know where lol. I just saw a non R at $25k ADM on Facebook that a salesman was advertising.

GT350 Left AND Right Fender: $1500
http://www.levittownfordsupercenter.com/ford-mustang-fender-gt350-left-p-4276.html
http://www.levittownfordsupercenter.com/ford-mustang-fender-gt350-right-p-4277.html

GT350 Hood Kit: $1500
http://www.levittownfordsupercenter.com/ford-mustang-hood-gt350-p-4261.html

We'll estimate the bumper and radiator support being around $2k for now.

Total: $5k without paint/labor

I'm not trying to come off as an asshole, but I think you guys are blowing this WAY out of proportion lol.

that's not a gt350 rear valance. it's a clone.

and ford sells the rear valance now with frpp quads as an aftermarket part.

this thread has hit a stupid point of arguments and trying to drum up arguments, yall have at it.
Where do they sell that at? I'd like to pick one up lol.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Asonitez

I go 71 in a 70 *REBEL*
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tristian
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT Premium
The thing that gets me about this right..... is If you apply this thinking in the purest form.... The mod scene would not exist. If you tried to make something look like something else your a poser. I understand re-badging and trying to pass it off as something its not. That's wrong unless your building a car as a replica with that purpose in mind and are upfront about it.

My 3.5L HO Dodge Charger looked EXACTLY like a SRT Charger. It used ALL OEM parts. When the Price difference between my 3.5 and SRT was that large and I already had the 3.5... it cost me 10X less to buy OEM parts to make my charger look like a SRT. I never put on SRT badges and proudly displayed my 3.5L Badges (WHICH I BOUGHT).

I got many compliments on my Charger and if asked I would proudly say it was the 3.5. I think people who went out and paid the big $$$ for something want's to stay there. They (The CA$HBROS) want to play that trump card that they had more money, hookups, or buying power than you. The minute you devalue their purchase by achieving the same notoriety as they have for a fraction of the cost they get upset. The mindless public don't care... Its that dude that's pissed you got a car that looks like his cheaper and get the same compliments. I'll not forget about the (BROKE$BROS) fanboys. The ones that are die-hard but hide behind the fact that they can't stomach paying 1.5k for a FENDER to make their car look pretty, so instead they car-shame everyone that DOES spend that 1.5K. The (BROKE$BROS) team up with the (CA$HBROS) to car-shame the (IDGAFBROS). These Bro's have cash, decent jobs, drive the car of their choice and frequently make decisions based on their wants, income and buying ability. They don't care what the (BROKE$BROS) and (CA$HBROS) think because they don't pay their bills. These are usually the real car enthusiasts.

Zemedici

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP
I won't lie, when I had my 03 Cobras, this drove me insane. Oh look, another Terminator! Then I'd see the rocker panels and rear bumper, le sigh, V6 with a poser bumper.
Bingo. Don't say Termi. lolololol

Well yeah, before, It's probably pretty rare now though. If there's one available with tech pack for no ADM, let me know where lol. I just saw a non R at $25k ADM on Facebook that a salesman was advertising.

http://www.levittownfordsupercenter.com/ford-mustang-fender-gt350-left-p-4276.html
http://www.levittownfordsupercenter.com/ford-mustang-fender-gt350-right-p-4277.html

I'm not trying to come off as an asshole, but I think you guys are blowing this WAY out of proportion lol.
5K without paint and labor. Exactly....and that's without the bracketry you'd need, etc etc. Who knows if Ford will put some sort of VIN lockdown on GT350 parts (as they should, keep the 350 parts on the 350s imo)

So you just proved my point in $8k+ for a front end conversion. Nice.

CompO5.sl0w

GTFO_0021
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP / 2015 Jeep Rubicon
Bingo. Don't say Termi. lolololol

5K without paint and labor. Exactly....and that's without the bracketry you'd need, etc etc. Who knows if Ford will put some sort of VIN lockdown on GT350 parts (as they should, keep the 350 parts on the 350s imo)

So you just proved my point in $8k+ for a front end conversion. Nice.
You said $8K BEFORE paint/labor. This swap should easily be done at a maximum of $6K-$7K. Prices will go down eventually anyway.

Zemedici

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP
You said $8K BEFORE paint/labor. This swap should easily be done at a maximum of $6K-$7K. Prices will go down eventually anyway.
And you're also ordering the parts heavily heavily discounted.

with all of you guys buying up the GT350 parts you think the price will go down? If so I've got some things to teach you about economics. You mean like the price of the GT350 wheel? :lol:

Sponsored

justinakajuice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Prem. Auto
I would say that because so many folks will want to install the vented fenders, an aftermarket company will get on board quickly. The stick on/bolt on ones are already here, it's only a matter of time until someone molds them in. Probably already in the works. $5-8k, pre-paint? Nah. Hold your horses and wait for the $995/pair fenders that are likely in the works.

DB83

Granny Shifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I'd happily pay $5000 in parts to do a front end conversion, knowing they're original ford parts.

And if your paying 3K in paint and labour, then your getting your pants pulled. Or you need to learn to wrench your own stuff.

wproctor411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
lol at thinking those parts will cost a measly $2000. Have you priced out any GT350 stuff? The fucking rear seat delete is $2000. It'll be a 7-8000 endeavor. Hell I bet the hood is 3k.
I was being optimistic for these guys LOL. I sold my 2011 just to buy a GT350 but have to wait until March (CD matures March).

I think it would be cool to see a clone done but if the fender is shorter what about the emgine bay metal pieces (inner fenders)? How do you chop that up and lower or replace it?

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT

Where do they sell that at? I'd like to pick one up lol.

You're still missing easily a grand in minor (easily forgettable) parts. Black plastic front splitter (a few hundred- the GTPP is almost $200 as is), belly pan (few hundred- the GTPP is almost $300 as is), wheel wells (change fenders will need the 350 plastic wheel wells likely); hardware, brackets, etc. You're also forgetting SHIPPING. No one is going to ship 500 pounds of parts for free to you (the hood kit specifically says shipped freight). Shipping isn't cheap for large items especially like a hood. I've had an OEM hood shipped before about 5 years ago- was close to $300 shipping freight.

[This is all IF and again IF the parts (especially hood) even clear the 5.0 engine and can work on a stock GT engine compartment.]

I'd say $7k in all parts and shipping and a good $1,500-2k in prep/paint; it's painting 1/3rd of a car basically- windshield forward.

Anyone who did a GT500 front end conversion on the S197 knows it's more expensive than you think to do by the end of it.

So $8-9k (roughly, maybe more) is probably correct.

By the time you're done making your GT look like a GT350 [FRRP rear diffuser/quad exhaust $2500 (much more if you have a base and need the premium bumper that's 2 pieces), spoiler (OEM are $1,000+ right now) and paint- another good $4k shipped] you have more in it than finding a GT350 at MSRP- with way less balls under the hood too. Putting $12-13k into a minimum $32,500 car (and up to $40k) makes no sense when the real thing is $49,500.

And generally, sorry but cloning is TOTALLY different than customizing. Customizing is unique to fit your personal style, ie. see the SEMA Mustangs. To make a personal statement about yourself and your car which is unique to each person. Customizing is not taking what Ford already did on a higher trimline and slapping it on your car- that's a clone. Its no less poser than the guy taking a V6 Mercedes and sticking the AMG aero on it with the V6 engine pretending it's an AMG to the world; it's poser. Or the guy who goes and buys a $400 Rolex or Breitling knockoff (eve if it doesn't say the brand name but identical otherwise) rather than just getting a really nice $400 watch that's a name brand from somewhere else like Tag or something; it's being a poser for social status and other's approval, whether they want to admit that or are in denial.

Last edited:

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
Maybe a CF hood builder will make a nice hood that works with the GT350 bumper and fenders for typical CF hood costs.

I agree that CLONING is lame, but I do not personally believe that just because someone gets the bumper and fenders from the GT350 means they are trying to clone a GT350 or pass-off their car as one.

and while I generally feel cloning is "lame", I do have exceptions. Like, if someone has a 900hp twin turbo C6 vette and they put Z06, GS, or ZR1 panels on it... I am not going to call them a poseur... the car might not be a ZR1, but if its got areas of performance in which it excels over one, I think its earned the right to look as aggressive.

Sponsored

wproctor411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
You're still missing easily a grand in minor (easily forgettable) parts. Black plastic front splitter (a few hundred- the GTPP is almost $200 as is), belly pan (few hundred- the GTPP is almost $300 as is), wheel wells (change fenders will need the 350 plastic wheel wells likely); hardware, brackets, etc. You're also forgetting SHIPPING. No one is going to ship 500 pounds of parts for free to you (the hood kit specifically says shipped freight). Shipping isn't cheap for large items especially like a hood. I've had an OEM hood shipped before about 5 years ago- was close to $300 shipping freight.

[This is all IF and again IF the parts (especially hood) even clear the 5.0 engine and can work on a stock GT engine compartment.]

I'd say $7k in all parts and shipping and a good $1,500-2k in prep/paint; it's painting 1/3rd of a car basically- windshield forward.

Anyone who did a GT500 front end conversion on the S197 knows it's more expensive than you think to do by the end of it.

So $8-9k (roughly, maybe more) is probably correct.

By the time you're done making your GT look like a GT350 [FRRP rear diffuser/quad exhaust $2500 (much more if you have a base and need the premium bumper that's 2 pieces), spoiler (OEM are $1,000+ right now) and paint- another good $4k shipped] you have more in it than finding a GT350 at MSRP- with way less balls under the hood too. Putting $12-13k into a minimum $32,500 car (and up to $40k) makes no sense when the real thing is $49,500.

And generally, sorry but cloning is TOTALLY different than customizing. Customizing is unique to fit your personal style, ie. see the SEMA Mustangs. To make a personal statement about yourself and your car which is unique to each person. Customizing is not taking what Ford already did on a higher trimline and slapping it on your car- that's a clone. Its no less poser than the guy taking a V6 Mercedes and sticking the AMG aero on it with the V6 engine pretending it's an AMG to the world; it's poser. Or the guy who goes and buys a $400 Rolex or Breitling knockoff (eve if it doesn't say the brand name but identical otherwise) rather than just getting a really nice $400 watch that's a name brand from somewhere else like Tag or something; it's being a poser for social status and other's approval, whether they want to admit that or are in denial.
It will be a tough swap but would love to see someone try it. As far as cloning goes I don't mind as long as they leave the logos off. I had an 03' Termi and swapped GT bumpers and lights but we were young and dumb and went street racing at every chance. The blower wine was a dead give away.

DJ Red Barron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Barron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat / 1986 Buick GN
I like the option for some "GT350 inspired" fenders. No, I don't want a clone. As someone else said, if I wanted a GT350, I'd have one. But I am good with making my GT my own with a combination of parts from various companies, including some things that may be based on GT350 appearance.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
What if It's someone like me that wants the GT350 look without a roof?

Then there is no mistaking the car for the Shelby and in my book it's not cloning.

2016 GT350 Magnetic w/Black Stripes / Black Roof /Tech Package ETA Feb (US Port) under MSRP
Sponsored