Sponsored

"GT350" facelift is finally done on our 2017 GT

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
This looks just about as more aggressive as BWM 320 with M badges...

If you'd like to make it something similar, start with engine, transmission and suspension. Not the absolutely least relevant stuff like badges...
Sponsored

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
"No, thanks," on those lights. The shark gill lights say "Mustang." Those look like they came out of a Charger.

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
Okay, I'm not a big fan of false advertising either, however sometimes it's hard to avoid. I think to OP's intent is to make a GT PERFORM like or better than a GT350. I also get the hint that the front of his GT was damaged and he's repairing it on his own; I could be wrong here. The GT350 body parts that have been installed are functional and I have no problem with that. I thought about a GT350R deck spoiler for my PP2, but I'm not sure I would get a benefit from it yet.
He's building it at his pace, and at least he has asked us what we thought.

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Personally I can't stand stuff like this. I mean it's one thing to mod your car and make it unique, but it's just tacky to me when you make it look specifically like the gt350, especially with the cobra, shelby lettering etc. Having said that, this is just my opinion, nothing more. What people do with their car and money is their business.
Yeah, leave the badges off at least. If anything, you have to explain to the layman you don't have a real GT350.
A neighbor of mine has a Challenger R/T (maybe V6) and put on Hellcat badge. That's the worse!
No, women photoshop/filtering online is even worse.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
It’s cool to see your son? in the video. He looks like a future muscle car owner.

Don’t mind the haters. It’s your car do want you want with it. I like it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
wrongwayup

wrongwayup

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrei
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
It’s cool to see your son? in the video. He looks like a future muscle car owner.

Don’t mind the haters. It’s your car do want you want with it. I like it.

thank you sir!

A 12 YEAR OLD CHILD BUILT THIS CAR!!! every single screw panel and light he touched !!!!! all parts were chosen by him!! he is the STIG driver !!! the day after i bought the new tundra he was in a field with it doing donuts...the boy can drive.... all with his dads supervision.... 18 videos to this build.... so the haters hate what exactly? a 12year old kid? didn't see that coming did they?

This whole project was to teach my son on how to work and rebuild and how to youtube ...talking in front of a camera is way hard...try it some time. its all about him. Some like yourself get it...some just hate ..and thats ok. If we wanted a 350 we would of gotten one... we did not even know at the time that this would of been possible .... and boy was it.

his next build will be something Italian.... no one his age has something like this .or most adults ....not even close!!

A lot of cool people on here tho!

Last edited:

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
In the world of mass production that Ford lives in designers and art departments typically win and then engineers get what the get and have to work with it. Nothing ever gets dumbed down, always clawed and war panted up. Example, the engineers wanted a hood vent similar to the current GT500 but the designers squashed it and won and what we got was a sliver instead of a real extracting hood.

There's also no need for the GT350's design until it's needed. Remember there are bean counters on ever corner looking to stop engineers from spending money.
A car journalist I happen to hold in high regard once said that great cars are designed by engineers who care, and signed off by accountants who wish they didn't. :)

Thanks for posting this (I mean the whole post, not just what I quoted). It's always interesting to get a bit of insight into what goes on behind the closed doors.

OP
OP
wrongwayup

wrongwayup

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrei
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
A car journalist I happen to hold in high regard once said that great cars are designed by engineers who care, and signed off by accountants who wish they didn't. :)

Thanks for posting this (I mean the whole post, not just what I quoted). It's always interesting to get a bit of insight into what goes on behind the closed doors.
wait... romania? i was born in romania.... suceava to be exact....

Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
thank you sir!

A 12 YEAR OLD CHILD BUILT THIS CAR!!! every single screw panel and light he touched !!!!! all parts were chosen by him!! he is the STIG driver !!! the day after i bought the new tundra he was in a field with it doing donuts...the boy can drive.... all with his dads supervision.... 18 videos to this build.... so the haters hate what exactly? a 12year old kid? didn't see that coming did they?

This whole project was to teach my son on how to work and rebuild and how to youtube ...talking in front of a camera is way hard...try it some time. its all about him. Some like yourself get it...some just hate ..and thats ok. If we wanted a 350 we would of gotten one... we did not even know at the time that this would of been possible .... and boy was it.

his next build will be something Italian.... no one his age has something like this .or most adults ....not even close!!

A lot of cool people on here tho!
That was my first thought after I started watching the video... what a great education you are providing for your son and potentially providing our nation and economy with another skilled tradesmen. We are going to be hurting as a country soon when all of the electricians, flooring guys, plumbers, mechanics, etc etc retire. Too many kids playing video games or parents who think that going to "college" is the golden ticket for their kids.
I'm not saying that your son is going to for sure be "this or that" but he will be uniquely equipped with skills that most kids these days do not have.
I have a 19 year old son who is learning the construction/remodeling trade, everything from basic framing to electrical.. I'm really excited for him.
As far as "hate" goes, you may run into car guys that will frown upon badging a GT to look like at 350..... or guys that take a V6 and make it look like a GT, etc,,, etc... As long as you don't care and/or have a thick skin it's your right to do whatever you please. Most non care people won't know or care. You've built something unique.

OP
OP
wrongwayup

wrongwayup

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrei
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
That was my first thought after I started watching the video... what a great education you are providing for your son and potentially providing our nation and economy with another skilled tradesmen. We are going to be hurting as a country soon when all of the electricians, flooring guys, plumbers, mechanics, etc etc retire. Too many kids playing video games or parents who think that going to "college" is the golden ticket for their kids.
I'm not saying that your son is going to for sure be "this or that" but he will be uniquely equipped with skills that most kids these days do not have.
I have a 19 year old son who is learning the construction/remodeling trade, everything from basic framing to electrical.. I'm really excited for him.
As far as "hate" goes, you may run into car guys that will frown upon badging a GT to look like at 350..... or guys that take a V6 and make it look like a GT, etc,,, etc... As long as you don't care and/or have a thick skin it's your right to do whatever you please. Most non care people won't know or care. You've built something unique.

you are correct...we are already in a heap of trouble with our nations kids. my sons friends, all and without exception do absolutely nothing other then school , TV and video games . and parents hope that "school" will teach them. not even close.
Your son if he likes that profession will make a ton of money. on average more then any doctor or lawyer and with no school debt.
What I've done with my son is an education he will get no where....and its supper fun.

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
Your build, your direction. The suspension is critical & BMR has GT350 specific cradle lockouts for your pony, oh but wait, it's not a 350, ok, anyway get some BMR goodies for stiffening the chassic. My 2016 GT drives and feels like a vette or Camaro for less than $800.00 of springs & braces/torque arms. My brakes are ok, I did buy wheels that fit Brembo's for future "Track days", but on the hwy I see no need as these Ferodo pads are very good.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
you are correct...we are already in a heap of trouble with our nations kids. my sons friends, all and without exception do absolutely nothing other then school , TV and video games . and parents hope that "school" will teach them. not even close.
Your son if he likes that profession will make a ton of money. on average more then any doctor or lawyer and with no school debt.
What I've done with my son is an education he will get no where....and its supper fun.
Not really into what you did, but nice job making it look pretty darn good. The one thing I disagree with you on is kids today. I agree they spend a lot of time on video games, but my kids (I have 5) and their friends are not like what you describe. Most play video games, but all of them do other things as well. A combination of sports, music, scouts, clubs and other service activities....at least for the ones not in or already out of college. they are kind and caring and genuinely care about their futures. I find the kids today are much more well rounded than you think. I also coach, baseball, basketball and soccer teams ages 14 and 16. All of the kids I know are in heavy competition with one another and it does not matter if it is video games, sports or school. Sadly, not many i know want to pick up a wrench and use it on a car. I have the opposite outlook for the future than you and think the generation of kids 23 and younger are going to do a great job at taking on the problems of the world. I am sure it is a mixed bag depending on where you live, but I am pretty happy with what I see.
Sponsored