Sponsored

GT350 Carbon Ceramic Brakes - 2022 Update

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Having owned ceramics on a 911, they are nothing short of amazing. Zero dust, the brake disc can last upto 200,000 miles if you don't overheat them with abuse on track. Pads generally also last longer as well, typically 30-50k miles depending on use.

For me the zero dust was the best advantage, but yes the weight savings are very noticeable as ride quality improves dramatically over crappier roads due to the suspension being able to react faster and of course the car feels a touch faster.

On the 911 though it was ceramics all round, you could not run iron on one axle and ceramic on another as it caused brake bias issues and issue with master cylinder.

No idea on Mustang but one would hope they are developing a rear kit too as then you can shed a good 20-25lbs from rear axle too. :)

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
For 32lbs in weight savings and the slight increase in braking isn't enough to out weight the the $5,700 price tag. You can buy SS brake lines, better brakes and fluid and come close. Not to mention that a carbon fiber driveshaft with net you pretty close to the 30lbs range in weight savings and that's only $1,100.

Don't get me wrong, they look awesome and I wish I had them. I just feel like $5,700 can be better spent to improve the whole car.
Ya but compare that price to the typical 9 to 10k price options you see on a lot of exotics and in reality it's like half price. Still stupid expensive for brakes but half price non the less.

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
Ya but compare that price to the typical 9 to 10k price options you see on a lot of exotics and in reality it's like half price. Still stupid expensive for brakes but half price non the less.
Considering the price is only for the fronts, they're actually probably more expensive than the options on exotics. However, exotic's options may be priced a little better as the OEM saves having to install steel brakes if they are optioned with the ceramics.

Sponsored

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)

Madigon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Some people spend $5,000 on a computer that looks like a trash can ;) Who am I to judge whether this is 'worth it'?

kart125

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350/2008 Saab TurboX SC
The CCB option on my E63 was 13000$ CDN! They didn't factor out the value of the steel setup since you could buy the complete CCB kit for the same price as the option from factory. They were amazing to work with on the track as the car was a heavy pig!! On the GT350 I never got fade so I dont see the advantage of going to CCB, but I might if they eventually have a rear setup available. Why, I dont know!! Just dont tell my wife!

Sponsored

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack - Race Red, Blk Roof - G5405
Reactions: zzj
OP
OP

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
OP can you please send a link to all the parte that you bought to instala the kit?

Rotors, pads, lines, hubs, calipers?
It's all in the kit:

http://www.racingbrake.com/RB-394mm-Carbon-Ceramic-Rotors-for-2016-Ford-Must-p/2c67.htm

Kit comes with rotors and pads. Calipers, lines, hubs are all the ones your GT350 rolled out of the factory with.

The CCB rotors are OEM Brembo for the Corvette ZR1, and they are identical in size to the GT350 iron rotors (394x36), so the only thing that's required to install them is the appropriate (RB) hat. Pads are available in a variety of types. Again, stock Corvette ZR1 pads fit the GT350 Brembo calipers. The basic kit comes with an RB street pad, and there are upgrades all the way to full race sintered pads.

I doubt that many people remember it, but the very first GT350 show car that Ford unveiled had CCB rotors. There must be some old pictures around somewhere still.

zzj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zac
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 H1828
The reason I asked about the hats is that I can source a pair of CCB ring for aound 3k and I don't see the hats worth 2k+. Even I got both the 2 piece iron roters with hats plus the CCB outer rings. they are still more than a thousand cheaper. That been said I love this setup so bad but I'm just broken.

Side_Pce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Pretty sweet setup. Can't imagine being about to justify the price as many others have said. I've felt the stock brakes in action when a professional pushed the car to the limit and they don't fade at all, even at 100 degree track temp. I can't imagine these performing that much better but if they do it would be worth the price.
Sponsored