Sponsored

GT350 bumper and GT500 bumper compatability.

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Everything else is most definitely not "the same".

As other have said, Although the bolt holes for the tops of the fenders and the top of the bumper are the same and the headlights are the same, literally every other piece of bodywork, the undertray itself, all of the ducting for behind the bumper, and even the inner wheel well liners are all going to be specific to the GT500 and it's coolers which are not going to be 100% compatible with the cooling package on the GT350.

Can it be done? Sure. But you're going to have thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours and months of time sunk into this project just to make your GT350 look like a GT500. Sure you could half ass it and rig some stuff up with zip ties and sheets of ABS plastic to try and fill the gaps, but at what cost to proper functionality and devaluation of the car in the future?

Honestly your best bet is to find a GT500 that's been totaled in a rear end collision and purchase the fenders, hood, bumper, and everything else they bolt to to have a chance of getting this done and not having it look like a disaster under the skin.
Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
IMO, the GT350 is the high water mark for the S550 in terms of aesthetics as a whole. Not sure why a person would want to muck it up.

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Ohhhhhhhhhh I love doing that!!!

2022-08-25_15h45_31.png
You angering the 2021 Mustang GT purists? I don't see anyone getting mad about an aftermarket apoiler and hood that replicate a higher model. Now go putting snakes on the side of the car and we will laugh at you but we won't be mad.

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
You angering the 2021 Mustang GT purists? I don't see anyone getting mad about an aftermarket apoiler and hood that replicate a higher model. Now go putting snakes on the side of the car and we will laugh at you but we won't be mad.
Nawww, up badging isn't my thing.

Sponsored

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
@MCS Naaa man, that hood looks amazing on your car and I agree, aint' nobody hate'n on that. I want that hood for my 350. Still just trying to decide if it "fits" the style for me or not, and struggling with how I'd want to paint it (I have personal issues with covering up all that carbon completely, LOL). I agree upbadging is just dumb. For me personally, replacing the entire front end to look like a 500 is skirting that arena. But I'm also the guy that doesn't think the 500 is the better looking vehicle. Like, not even close. So for me on this specific topic, it's not a matter of passing as something else so much as it is why would you want to downgrade the clean look of the 350? BUT, at the same time, I am also one of the biggest proponents of "you do you, bro!".

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
@MCS But I'm also the guy that doesn't think the 500 is the better looking vehicle. Like, not even close. So for me on this specific topic, it's not a matter of passing as something else so much as it is why would you want to downgrade the clean look of the 350? BUT, at the same time, I am also one of the biggest proponents of "you do you, bro!".
I don't think you're alone in this arena. The GT500 with the unpainted center section just screams GTR, Charger, Evo X, and any number of other vehicles with an overly large front grill and blacked out bumper bar. I also don't think the angular edges of the grille opening match with the curves on the rest of the body. The GT350 is all about curves on the other side and it looks the best of the S550 models in my opinion.

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Then there's this optional GT350 hood. I don't think it's on the FP parts website yet, but it'll be a winner when they release it:

1661530393415.png

For anyone who doesn't know what this is, or thinks it's a joke, the super-trick hood and the parts it works with are explained in this video:

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I assumed it was to meet new pedestrian impact regulations.

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium