Sponsored

GT swap for GT350

twiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
How many would trade in their GT/Eco for the GT350 should it come to the UK? It'll just be our luck that the GT350 will come to the UK after we've waited so long for our new cars, often thought should I have waited just in case it happens, is it really worth part exeing for one or would you just stick with what you've got.
Sponsored

RoflOnMyWaffle

V8 Envious
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Nissan 350z
I don't think they're coming to us, but don't quote me on that :p

If I even had one, it would depend purely on how long I'd had it and what I'd invested.

If I had "F U" money, and could afford one as a weekend toy next to my other cars... then yeah probably, why not :D

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
How many would trade in their GT/Eco for the GT350 should it come to the UK? It'll just be our luck that the GT350 will come to the UK after we've waited so long for our new cars, often thought should I have waited just in case it happens, is it really worth part exeing for one or would you just stick with what you've got.
I am intent on keeping my car in the family for years so yes, if the 350 came out over here in rhd I think I would trade up as it would be a better car to have in 20 years time.

I am thinking of getting my car given the Shelby treatment in a few years time at Bill Shepherd Mustang. If I did that I think I would keep mine.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
If only insurance permitted. I think if I had a 350/350r I'd have to invest in a daily...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

666mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT cars name (HAMMER)
I would trade in a hart beat, but we waited
Two years for a GT recon we are safe for 2 more
Iv toyed with buying a GT350 and swapping
The whole car across ending up with rhd
GT350 and left had GT

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I would trade in a hart beat, but we waited
Two years for a GT recon we are safe for 2 more
Iv toyed with buying a GT350 and swapping
The whole car across ending up with rhd
GT350 and left had GT
Surely that'd be a mammoth conversion taking your gt and making it LHD and taking an import LHD 350 and turning it to RHD. Would love to see that ;).

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

stiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 V8 Manual Fastback, DIB
I still very much doubt the 350 or the 350R will come to the UK - or even Europe come to that. Too many legislative hurdles for starters.

I'll give you one example - the 350R bonnet is 60mm lower than a GT. Given that we don't get bonnet vents due to pedestrian safety, what hope does a 60mm lower bonnet have?

Snowball in hell comes to mind.

So thank the EU for that :)

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
I would for sure! :)

I'd take a GT350 with tech and track package which I believe is now possible on MY17 and newer and probably go with Lightning blue if made available.

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
As much as I agree its unlikely it will come over, I dont think bonnet height would be an issue. The Mustang looks like a truck at the front height wise compared even to some family cars but year, emissions and lots of other stuff may well make it not worth while.

McDoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A grey car
In case you haven't already guessed - I would, in a heartbeat .... or probably a lot less than a heartbeat! This I have already made known to A. Barratt Esq. and anyone else who would listen (whether they wanted to hear it or not :D).

It's a Mustang turned up to 11 ..... 350R for me. 550bhp (or close), manual, mega-performance, noise, drama, looks .... what more could you want. Bring it on Ford! :cheers:

Sponsored

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
As much as I agree its unlikely it will come over, I dont think bonnet height would be an issue. The Mustang looks like a truck at the front height wise compared even to some family cars but year, emissions and lots of other stuff may well make it not worth while.
It's not just the overall height of the bonnet itself but where that 60mm drop has come from.

We don't get the strut brace due to "needing" that clearance for pedestrian safety, so if the 60mm drop has come from reducing the gap between engine and bonnet then that would be an issue.

Personally I would be unlikely to trade as, and I know I'm in the minority here, I prefer the sound of the GT to the 350.

GregT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2nn
I think the stock GT350 is probably an amazing road car. There are two things that bother me though:

1. Listen to back to back videos of the GT350 and the GT and think which is the more pleasant V8 sound to live with. Some of you will prefer the race car sound track of the GT350 - me, I'm not so sure, I love the howl of the Coyote!

2. Have a look at the American fuel consumption figures and you will see that the GT350 uses around 14% more fuel than the GT (19% if your driving is all on the Highway). That's going to hurt!

JB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback
To buck the trend somewhat, I for one would not be interested in a GT350. Just not my cup of tea I guess.
Although I used to say the same about the GT500 S197 but now I would have one in a heartbeat.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Ford, please take my money on the GT350, please bring it to the UK. To hear her scream at 8200rpm while riding the gears, what could be better. I might even be willing to put in the same category as the cayman gt4.

OP
OP

twiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Hope Fords top brass are reading this, so even if you don't want it say you do....looks better!
Sponsored