Sponsored

GT Strut Tower Brace Nuts and Bolts

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
I stripped the hell out of the 2 Nuts and bolts on the drivers side that hold down the Strut Tower Brace and I need to order these HELP :headbonk:

So...I bought a GT Strut Brace for Christmas but I realized that I will need the 2 nuts on the drivers side to clamp the Strut tower brace

Ordered the 2 nuts from a dealer online and they sent me the wrong ones W520215-S440. :headbonk:

So I decided to go my local dealer to get these nuts and do this the right way. They say they are W715135-S450 had to order 2 cause they didn't have them in stock. Okay no problem. Went to get them when they came in 2 weeks ago with tools to see if they would bolt up. They didn't feel right and where going on super tight looking like they where stripping the bolt. Guys at the parts dept look at me like I'm crazy and say "these nuts go on tight" try harder. So I decided to wait till Christmas and re attempt then

Okay so It's Christmas and I open my new Strut Tower Brace from Santa and I go in the garage to install and the nuts won't go on. I try tightening them real tight and the bolt looks all stripped. Now i'm pissed. 2 Ford Dealers and I can't get 2 nuts. I guess I'm going to the hardware store tomorrow.

So I go to the Hardware store today and I get the right nuts but the bolts are stripped to crap. So now I need the (2) nuts and the (2) bolts

So It's not W715135-S450

Anybody know what the correct part # is for the nut and Bolt ?

Yup I have to replace the bolt also. Not sure how easy that is gonna be. Could be welded in for all I know :crazy:

yup I'm that dummy :crazy:

Can't believe what a mess this for what is suppose to be a quick easy install. These parts guys suck.
Sponsored