Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
I checked those on Steeda's site. Since I can't install those myself, where would be the best place to have them installed? Also, do the Firestones ride better than the factory 18"s? More flex on their sidewalls?
Hi Roger,

Just shot you a private message - we also have the https://www.steeda.com/Steeda-S550-...7bEyAtfEyz0P6nf9UB8JkrnVLJdav-MUaAlOREALw_wcB

I also provided you with an installation facility in Michigan depending on your location.

Thank you!

TJ
Sponsored

CS19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Another vote for Continental DWS06 tires. If you can go to a higher profile tire, that helps also. Tires are your primary shock absorbers.

General Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Geoffrey
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
If you can go to a higher profile tire, that helps also. Tires are your primary shock absorbers.
Bingo. Taller the sidewall, the better. Not just for your spine but also for the car when going over broken, cratered pavement. Better rim protection too.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
KW was my go-to company for My M car suspensions.

Cant speak for what is available to you, but here in Germany i go and buy a KW Suspensions V3 and ask them for a really comfortable Setting.

They can make you a set with softer springs to make it even better.

Next, or better first thing would be 19" Rims with Michelin PS4 (without the S)

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I checked those on Steeda's site. Since I can't install those myself, where would be the best place to have them installed? Also, do the Firestones ride better than the factory 18"s? More flex on their sidewalls?
Any regular shop can do shocks and struts.

The Firestone Indy 500s are a Max Performance Summer tire, and are ridiculously soft and compliant. So much so that steering feel is basically 0, due to the soft sidewall.

They are much, much better than the shit Pirellis your car came with. New tires alone are going to make a huge difference, especially if your OEM tires are worn.

Sponsored

OP
OP
RogV

RogV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 F150 Lariat SuperCrew, 1970 Mustang Mach 1, 1967 Fairlane GTA, 1957 T-Bird & more.
Thanks all. Considering everything but have to put on hopefully temporary hold due to upcoming major surgery.

Excelerater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Did some searching to no avail. So, while this goes against the grain, is there anything reasonable I can have done to my 2019 GT to improve the ride? It doesn't have Magnaride. I know most want the opposite in stiffer suspension, etc. but recent back surgery makes driving it unpleasant. I like it for it's looks and sound (AE) and don't need driving performance. I'm sure many will say it's the nature of the beast and I shouldn't have ordered it. A pre-drive wasn't enough to really know the ride.

You should not be in a Mustang,and TBH a stocker is not that harsh..You should try one thats all
modded up with aftermarket parts..

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Did some searching to no avail. So, while this goes against the grain, is there anything reasonable I can have done to my 2019 GT to improve the ride? It doesn't have Magnaride. I know most want the opposite in stiffer suspension, etc. but recent back surgery makes driving it unpleasant. I like it for it's looks and sound (AE) and don't need driving performance. I'm sure many will say it's the nature of the beast and I shouldn't have ordered it. A pre-drive wasn't enough to really know the ride.
I’d switch to 18” wheels and tires and then If your car is a performance pack, I’d put in some stock premium GT shocks and struts and change the springs for same.

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
This maybe an unpopular suggestion on a mustang forum but I’m in a similar position. Family requirements, the ability to tow a caravan and seat a family of 4 + a dog in comfort has given me a greater appreciation of the importance of ride comfort too. The mustang only really works on long distance high speed motorway work. In the U.K. our local roads are more “off road” barely tarmaced affairs.

In your position, if only 2 front seats + 2 small rear benches are needed I would trade your mustang for a used Jag XK or bmw 6 series. If you need more space then a jag XJ , Merc S class or bmw 7 series. I’m considering swapping mine for a used L405 4.4 Range Rover tdv8 for the reasons stated above.

Rocketeer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A PP
If performance is not important and you are willing to spend money, go for custom air bag suspension.

Sponsored

3rdRGR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush RS2, 2011 Nissan Murano SV
I’d switch to 18” wheels and tires and then If your car is a performance pack, I’d put in some stock premium GT shocks and struts and change the springs for same.
Boy, if I was going to go through all that, I'd advise selling your PP1 for a huge premium right now and just buy a non-PP1 Premium GT. I mean the gauges are cool but...

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
This maybe an unpopular suggestion on a mustang forum but I’m in a similar position. Family requirements, the ability to tow a caravan and seat a family of 4 + a dog in comfort has given me a greater appreciation of the importance of ride comfort too. The mustang only really works on long distance high speed motorway work. In the U.K. our local roads are more “off road” barely tarmaced affairs.

In your position, if only 2 front seats + 2 small rear benches are needed I would trade your mustang for a used Jag XK or bmw 6 series. If you need more space then a jag XJ , Merc S class or bmw 7 series. I’m considering swapping mine for a used L405 4.4 Range Rover tdv8 for the reasons stated above.
My Magneride equipped car rides very well in 'normal' mode. I realise it is all subjective but it rides better than many non-sport cars that I have driven.

troverman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium manual
No magnaride on my GT, and mine came with the 265x35x20 rims with Eagle F1 Asymmetric tires. Car rides like crap and tramlines on rough pavement. Doesn't bother me a bit...spent 5 hours in the car yesterday and it was great.

Canti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
Just to piggy back on what everyone is saying, stiffer springs help with ride quality on the non-magride cars immensely. The stock springs don't control the body well at over the harder bumps. They don't dampen the bumps all that well and instead just transfer the motion to the body, so the car is super wobbly when going over the rough stuff. I switched to the BMR handling springs and, even though it is a firmer ride, the body control is perfect now. When you go over the bumps, you feel one hump in the car and then the body settles out instead of the constant up and down motion the stock springs gave. It was an immediate improvement from stock once I got them installed. I wholeheartedly agree in getting some new springs to even out the ride.

I also got some 35 sidewall tires to help offset the firmer springs and I love how it rides now.

troverman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium manual
Just to piggy back on what everyone is saying, stiffer springs help with ride quality on the non-magride cars immensely. The stock springs don't control the body well at over the harder bumps. They don't dampen the bumps all that well and instead just transfer the motion to the body, so the car is super wobbly when going over the rough stuff. I switched to the BMR handling springs and, even though it is a firmer ride, the body control is perfect now. When you go over the bumps, you feel one hump in the car and then the body settles out instead of the constant up and down motion the stock springs gave. It was an immediate improvement from stock once I got them installed. I wholeheartedly agree in getting some new springs to even out the ride.

I also got some 35 sidewall tires to help offset the firmer springs and I love how it rides now.
Stiffer springs will never help ride quality over bumps. I mean, my F-350 dually has some pretty stiff springs, but it rides like crap.

Magnaride is in place of shock absorbers / dampers / struts or however you want to describe them. The shocks are what control the body motion up and down, and side to side to an extent. Springs dictate how harsh the car is over bumps. And shorter sidewalls make the ride worse, not better.
Sponsored