Sponsored

Gt premium PP1 W/ Magneride or Non pp with black accent

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Torsen with lower final drive, cooling, SC/TC tuning, brake cooling, chasis braces, etc.
all trivially bought. It cost me considerably less than 3 grand to buy all the 'PP1' or better parts. You can see them in the "warehouse". :) MR is a harder retrofit, need the wires, shocks and controller and looking at close to $4000USD for that.
Sponsored

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
"I miss" meaning, is what I thought worth having from the perforamnce pack. I have TORSEN Differential when car was ordered. Below is what I plan on putting on my car. I also have the 401A package with digital dash and no need for the gauge pack, as I have this information configured on my digital cluster.

Still a lot cheaper than the PP1 package from Ford.

Brembo Ford Performace $1,400
Vogtland Sport Plus Springs $300
Strut Tower $185
Rear Sway Bar Kit $300
Front Splitter $300
Torsen only comes on PP cars. You can't order it separately.

Yes, what you are doing is cheaper than the PP1 package. But it is not the PP1 package.

I do believe Ford has gone nuts with the pricing of the PP1 package, but if you do exactly the same things (and some you can't do, such as the TC/SC tuning), you'll end up spending pretty much just as much.

OP
OP
Bloodham25

Bloodham25

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
R.J
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2022 PP
Judging by comments. It does look like if I'm not going to mod the car myself (Which I wasn't planning on it because I'm not a handsy person) then going for the PP1 is better because it gives the things I wouldn't do straight from factory.

My one reservation is possible maintenance for Brembos, Staggered wheel setup & magenride suspension (If anyone knows)

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Since I’ve never driven a PP1 car it admittedly could be argued that I don’t know what I’m talking about. But I don’t see how anyone could push any car on the curvy roads where I live past the existing capability of my non-PP car without hurting someone or going to jail. Whole different deal if you’re gonna track the car.
It's not just about absolute limits of mechanical grip to the road. It's also about control, composure, and excess capability that creates safety.

A PP1 Magneride car (stock for stock) can take curvy roads not just faster, but safer, with excess capability. This is where driver confidence comes from. The ability to push a bit and enjoy, but still be well within the limits of grip, so there's no stress or anxiety.

It's not just about fast, it's about enjoyable fast.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
My one reservation is possible maintenance for Brembos, Staggered wheel setup & magenride suspension (If anyone knows)
sell the Ferodo (OE) pads and get Z23 - they'll last a long time. staggered wheels is trivially solved with 19x9.5 or x10 all around for $1000USD or less. Thousands to choose from.

Mag-ride will last fine. It's covered under warranty should one fail. After-warranty it's between $300-400 each.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Judging by comments. It does look like if I'm not going to mod the car myself (Which I wasn't planning on it because I'm not a handsy person) then going for the PP1 is better because it gives the things I wouldn't do straight from factory.

1. Brembo's - Yes the replacement components will cost slight more but nothing exorbitant.
2. Staggered Tires - Well the PP does come with Summer rubber so if you are planning on driving in temps lower than 40 degrees then you might want a purchase a set of winter or all season tires. Also you cannot do w four wheel rotation so they will wear faster.
3. Magneride - Technology costs money. Again replacement parts will cost more but that's a long way down the road. But the time that comes you will be so in love with your Mustang that you will not care. :giggle: :like:

reb0urne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium Dark Matter Gray
It's not just about absolute limits of mechanical grip to the road. It's also about control, composure, and excess capability that creates safety.

A PP1 Magneride car (stock for stock) can take curvy roads not just faster, but safer, with excess capability. This is where driver confidence comes from. The ability to push a bit and enjoy, but still be well within the limits of grip, so there's no stress or anxiety.

It's not just about fast, it's about enjoyable fast.
Sorry not Torsen.. But I ordered the limited slip 3.55 differential.

I agree, prices have gone through the roof for this package!

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
sell the Ferodo (OE) pads and get Z23 - they'll last a long time. staggered wheels is trivially solved with 19x9.5 or x10 all around for $1000USD or less. Thousands to choose from.

Mag-ride will last fine. It's covered under warranty should one fail. After-warranty it's between $300-400 each.
Hey Matt, did you wake upon the wrong side of the bed this morning? You are being unusually positive about OP's situation. :crackup::cwl:

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT

There's 0 additional maintenance for the Brembos. And they tend to last longer (pads & rotors) simply because they're larger. And when it's necessary, it's suuuuper easy to do. You can change pads in 2 minutes, they just pop right out from the top. Replacing rotors is no different than any other car.

And you won't believe how they work. Right NOW. And HARD.

The cost comes with the tires. If you're going to stick with the sticky Max Performance Summer tires, they don't last long and cost a good bit to replace. But that's the price you pay to get the performance. Of course you could just put some other type of tire on there, but then you lose some performance.

Staggered wheel means nothing in the end. Since the MPS tires don't last much more than 18k-20K miles, not rotating them doesn't hurt tread life. And if you want, you can get some AM wheels and tires that are a square set-up.

What you WILL WANT TO DO is some Steeda IRS/cradle re-enforcement. Their Stop The Hop starter kit, and rear vertical links, go a long way to settling the rear end down and letting the Magneride do it's thing properly. That goes for any Mustang though.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
I agree, prices have gone through the roof for this package!
There is no doubt that the PP is no longer the bargain it once was. But considering everything included it really not that unreasonable (factory installed and warrantied). I would have added it to my GT/CS if it had been available in 2019.

Sponsored

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
What you WILL WANT TO DO is some Steeda IRS/cradle re-enforcement. Their Stop The Hop starter kit, and rear vertical links, go a long way to settling the rear end down and letting the Magneride do it's thing properly. That goes for any Mustang though.
I think you missed this............

Of course, the add-ons will improve handling but a stock PP car will be just fine for OP.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Matt, did you wake upon the wrong side of the bed this morning? You are being unusually positive about OP's situation. :crackup::cwl:
too distracted by work and refrigerator repair to be my normal "ass-holy-o" I guess.

OP
OP
Bloodham25

Bloodham25

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
R.J
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2022 PP
I will be wintering this thing...Sorta..I have access to an SUV in case I need it, but I'll still be putting winter tires on the car as well.

I work from home mostly, so there's not a lot of commuting.

Shawn82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Treigh
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang HPP
I'd say go for the PP1 w/ Magneride. Pretty much one of the best spec'd Mustang's you can buy, 401A makes it even better. You won't regret it at all
Sponsored