Bloodham25

Bloodham25

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
R.J
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2022 PP
Buy the way does the PP car happen to have the Luster Nickel-Painted Forged Aluminum Wheels?
It does not.

Security package, active exhaust & upgraded sound system are only other options beyond pp1, magneride and 10 speed auto.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
Buy the way does the PP car happen to have the Luster Nickel-Painted Forged Aluminum Wheels?
You don't see those very often. My convertible had them. They're a nice change from the black.

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Wow prices for stuff on the lot already went up. I got my 2021 Premium PP with Magneride and it was 65k.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
It does not.

Security package, active exhaust & upgraded sound system are only other options beyond pp1, magneride and 10 speed auto.
That car sounds pretty loaded. Get it before someone else does.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
It does not.

Not a big deal but they would have been nice.

Anyway, there is nothing worse than buyers remorse. Both are great cars and Iā€™m sure you will love either one of them. But, if you leaning to one over the other for even a second, go with it.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Last year, I got myself twister orange PP1 with magneride, active exhaust, 401a package, and etc and etc. The only 2 options from catalogue I don't have are recaros and B&O. A year later, still very happy about the overall package and wouldn't give up any of these. Having said that, the prices are mind blowing. I paid under 60k CAD for mine just a year ago.

If manual is an option, you might want to take a look at this one: https://www.blackstockford.com/vehicle-details/new-2022-ford-mustang-gt-orangeville-on-id-46505448. Doesn't seem to have magneride, but otherwise pretty well optioned and 7k below your 70k option.

OP
OP
Bloodham25

Bloodham25

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
R.J
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2022 PP
Last year, I got myself twister orange PP1 with magneride, active exhaust, 401a package, and etc and etc. The only 2 options from catalogue I don't have are recaros and B&O. A year later, still very happy about the overall package and wouldn't give up any of these. Having said that, the prices are mind blowing. I paid under 60k CAD for mine just a year ago.

If manual is an option, you might want to take a look at this one: https://www.blackstockford.com/vehicle-details/new-2022-ford-mustang-gt-orangeville-on-id-46505448. Doesn't seem to have magneride, but otherwise pretty well optioned and 7k below your 70k option.
Unfortunately I cannot drive stick (Want to learn) so the 10 speed for me is the sweet spot since I'll be going in, around highway 400, 401 often.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
....PP1 is nice, but not worth the almost $7K. I've had PP1 and Premium models, and opted for premium this time around, since I'm getting aftermarket lowering springs and struts. Only thing I miss is the brembos...
Incorrect. There's tons more that goes into a PP1 car. A laundry list of things. Torsen with lower final drive, cooling, SC/TC tuning, brake cooling, chasis braces, etc.

I would to address one main point; PP1 does NOT turn a Mustang into a "track car". It makes it so it can be driven a bit harder, and will handle and brake better, but it's not unbearable to drive, too rough, too loud, or any of that.

Add in Magneride, and you have even more flexibility in how the car rides.

Sooo....do you want the car to stop and turn aggressively? Get the PP1/Magneride car.

Just want to cruise? Get the other.

reb0urne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium Dark Matter Gray
Incorrect. There's tons more that goes into a PP1 car. A laundry list of things. Torsen with lower final drive, cooling, SC/TC tuning, brake cooling, chasis braces, etc.

I would to address one main point; PP1 does NOT turn a Mustang into a "track car". It makes it so it can be driven a bit harder, and will handle and brake better, but it's not unbearable to drive, too rough, too loud, or any of that.

Add in Magneride, and you have even more flexibility in how the car rides.

Sooo....do you want the car to stop and turn aggressively? Get the PP1/Magneride car.

Just want to cruise? Get the other.
"I miss" meaning, is what I thought worth having from the perforamnce pack. I have TORSEN Differential when car was ordered. Below is what I plan on putting on my car. I also have the 401A package with digital dash and no need for the gauge pack, as I have this information configured on my digital cluster.

Still a lot cheaper than the PP1 package from Ford.

Brembo Ford Performace $1,400
Vogtland Sport Plus Springs $300
Strut Tower $185
Rear Sway Bar Kit $300
Front Splitter $300

Sponsored

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
Unless you just like a firm ride, the PP1 is totally unnecessary for a car driven on public streets. I don't care how awesome of a driver you think you are, "driving spiritedly", it ain't nothing like driving at speed on a real race track. Save your money.
Since Iā€™ve never driven a PP1 car it admittedly could be argued that I donā€™t know what Iā€™m talking about. But I donā€™t see how anyone could push any car on the curvy roads where I live past the existing capability of my non-PP car without hurting someone or going to jail. Whole different deal if youā€™re gonna track the car.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Unfortunately I cannot drive stick (Want to learn) so the 10 speed for me is the sweet spot since I'll be going in, around highway 400, 401 often.
What's the MSRP for the blue one? I just went to ford.ca and did a quick build based on the specs that you mentioned, it seems that your dealer wants a $4k markup? Are you really ready to pay it for a mass produced vehicle? It's your choice of course, but it just seems too much to me, to be honest.

OP
OP
Bloodham25

Bloodham25

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
R.J
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2022 PP
What's the MSRP for the blue one? I just went to ford.ca and did a quick build based on the specs that you mentioned, it seems that your dealer wants a $4k markup? Are you really ready to pay it for a mass produced vehicle? It's your choice of course, but it just seems too much to me, to be honest.
It's a 401a, pp1, magneride, active exhaust, sound system upgrade & security package.

MSRP is 69,705 + admin fees & licensing.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
"I miss" meaning, is what I thought worth having from the perforamnce pack. I have TORSEN Differential when car was ordered. Below is what I plan on putting on my car. I also have the 401A package with digital dash and no need for the gauge pack, as I have this information configured on my digital cluster.

Still a lot cheaper than the PP1 package from Ford.

Brembo Ford Performace $1,400
Vogtland Sport Plus Springs $300
Strut Tower $185
Rear Sway Bar Kit $300
Front Splitter $300
Just a couple of things. If you do not have a PP car then you do not have a Ford installed Torsen diff.

This conversation over the value of the PP has been going on since 2015. Back then it was a steal, a no brainier. Today, not so much. If you are going to do your own mods, then of course, it doesn't make sense. But for those who are not planning to mod the overall package it worth it. It take the base Mustang up a few notches and even more so with MagneRide.

We also constantly forget the need/want equation. That is up to OP but we don't need anything. We don't need a Mustang, we don't need a Premium model, we don't need a V8, etc, etc. But if the owner wants a PP car then nothing we say should or will matter.
Sponsored