Sponsored

GT PP vs 370Z Nismo

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
They do. It's called the GT-R.
Good point, although a boosted V6 doesn't appeal to me. I'd like to see a 392 Hemi V8 or a big, blown V8 in the 370Z. How's that?

matteos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Yet somehow Dodge gets away with selling the Challenger as is. Outselling many Nissans in fact!
'Well the Challenger is such a classic retro design it will never go out of fashion. But they have updtaed hem over the years.. Hellcat, Demon, Redeye.... AWD GT.

They've done enough to keep it updated even though it is such an old platform (Mercedes isn't it?)

Nissan haven't done anything.

OP
OP
Ewheels

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
S550s are way better cars. 350/70Zs have bad suspension geometry and even worse weight distribution.
Correct on the weight distribution but incorrect on the suspension geometry.
The 370 uses SLA front suspension. SLA suspension consistently out performs MacPherson Strut

NC STANG GUY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 A10 GT 99 Terminator swapped Cobra vert 93 LX hatch 90 LX coupe
Vehicle Showcase
My wife has a 2009 Nismo 370Z with about 53k miles. Haven't had much issue out of it except the gas gauge. I'm a bigger guy so it's definitely a pain to get in and out of with the tight seats. Stiff suspension beats you up a bit IMO.
Fun car to drive but it's not comparable to my 18 PP1 GT.

20190718_221106_HDRbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbc1.jpg

Sponsored

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Correct on the weight distribution but incorrect on the suspension geometry.
The 370 uses SLA front suspension. SLA suspension consistently out performs MacPherson Strut
The rear suspension geometry is atrocious. It does not put power down and does not have rear grip. It's a bad design and the 350Z was far worse.

On top of that, 370s are 'tinny' and feel light in a cheap way, not solid like the S550.

StealthStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Ecoboost (NX2)
Well I looked at getting a 370Z and they are just too expensive for what you get. Also its performance is closer to an Ecoboost than a GT from my experience. The quoted numbers for it are nonsense, they say it can do low 5s 0-100Kmh but thats rubbish, real world conditions its closer to 6 seconds.

Its just not enough power for a car with a 3.7L engine in 2019. Nobody wants to drive an expensive sporty looking coupe and get roasted by 4 cylinder Turbo cars. Seriously most small hot hatches will give it a serious scare, despite being FWD and a lot cheaper.

Though as a pure driving machine, its great, its the last of a generation of simple large displacement N/A sports cars, and soon that type of vehicle will be extinct. Anyway, Nissan are well aware of all of this, the rumored 400Z thats coming to take on the Supra will also be running a 3.0 Turbo engine, that should bring it back into contention again.

TheSnowmanMafia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
Good point, although a boosted V6 doesn't appeal to me. I'd like to see a 392 Hemi V8 or a big, blown V8 in the 370Z. How's that?
Boosted V6s can be plenty of fun. My wife has a supercharged Q5 which is Audi's 3.0 V6. It's got an EPL tune on it and some other small mods and the thing is so dumb. It's making over 400 at the motor. It puts a huge smile on my face whenever I drive it because an SUV/crossover has no business being as fast as it is lol.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Boosted V6s can be plenty of fun. My wife has a supercharged Q5 which is Audi's 3.0 V6. It's got an EPL tune on it and some other small mods and the thing is so dumb. It's making over 400 at the motor. It puts a huge smile on my face whenever I drive it because an SUV/crossover has no business being as fast as it is lol.
A boosted V6 would generate interest in the Z. Say 450-500hp. It’s not like the Z is a bad looking car. Quite the contrary. I don’t understand why Nissan was content to just let the Z sit for so long.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I'm not saying that a boosted V6 can't make power. I just don't like the sound track, so I don't like a V6 car as much. If I had a choice between a V6 and a V8 there's no question which I would choose. Even if the 6 makes a little more power - as long as the 8 makes enough, I'm good.

TheSnowmanMafia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
I'm not saying that a boosted V6 can't make power. I just don't like the sound track, so I don't like a V6 car as much. If I had a choice between a V6 and a V8 there's no question which I would choose. Even if the 6 makes a little more power - as long as the 8 makes enough, I'm good.
Fair, a V6 sound isn't pleasant to everyone.

A boosted V6 would generate interest in the Z. Say 450-500hp. It’s not like the Z is a bad looking car. Quite the contrary. I don’t understand why Nissan was content to just let the Z sit for so long.
The issue is that Nissan already has a twin turbo v6 they can use but refuse for some reason. The VR30DDTT that Infiniti is using has a 400hp trim and is the answer. No one knows why they drag their feet though. I guess the option to continue selling all their cars to sub-prime buyers is what they want to do?
Sponsored