Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
I'd like to take some more roll out of the car without increasing the ride harshness- or as little as possible. Any problem using GT PP sway bars on my base EB or is that overkill? They seem to be almost give-a-way parts in the for sale forum. Suggestions are welcome...
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
The GT PP and EB PP have identical part numbers for their front and rear bars. 32.0 mm for the front, 22.2 mm for the rear. The non-PP front bar for the GT is identical in size, but has different bushings and mounts. The non-PP rear bar for the GT is 21.7 mm vs. 22.2 mm.

You should see a noticeable improvement in performance, but it will be relatively small.

OP
OP
speedfrk

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
The GT PP and EB PP have identical part numbers for their front and rear bars. 32.0 mm for the front, 22.2 mm for the rear. The non-PP front bar for the GT is identical in size, but has different bushings and mounts. The non-PP rear bar for the GT is 21.7 mm vs. 22.2 mm.

You should see a noticeable improvement in performance, but it will be relatively small.
I'll crawl under the car and measure the base EB bars. I suspect the PP bars are significantly bigger.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I'll crawl under the car and measure the base EB bars. I suspect the PP bars are significantly bigger.
Just checked, the front and rear EB non-PP bars and GT non-PP bars are identical. Springs and dampers are different from the base GT, though.

Sponsored

OP
OP
speedfrk

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
Just checked, the front and rear EB non-PP bars and GT non-PP bars are identical. Springs and dampers are different from the base GT, though.
I would not have guessed that with the GT being 200 lbs heavier- mostly in the front.
I think some used take-off PP bars would be perfect for what I want- better roll control without sacrificing ride comfort.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I would not have guessed that with the GT being 200 lbs heavier- mostly in the front.
I think some used take-off PP bars would be perfect for what I want- better roll control without sacrificing ride comfort.
The front bar will mainly get you on-center steering improvement, as it's the same diameter bar. I put the PP rear bar on my car, and it's slightly noticeable but definitely not a big change. Think hard as to whether or not you'd rather just have some adjustable bars at their softest settings.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Can I get stiffer bushings for these bars? That might be the feel I'm looking for.
I'm not aware of any at stock/PP diameters.

I also think you'd find that going to GT PP springs/dampers would be a good upgrade for the car without significantly affecting ride quality. It's still pretty compliant. Otherwise, PP dampers and BMR min drop front (SP089) and performance rear (SP082) springs would ride excellent and reduce roll, as long as you don't mind a mild drop (7/8" front, 1/2" rear).

OP
OP
speedfrk

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
I'm not aware of any at stock/PP diameters.

I also think you'd find that going to GT PP springs/dampers would be a good upgrade for the car without significantly affecting ride quality. It's still pretty compliant. Otherwise, PP dampers and BMR min drop front (SP089) and performance rear (SP082) springs would ride excellent and reduce roll, as long as you don't mind a mild drop (7/8" front, 1/2" rear).
Yeah, I can't drop my car at all and still make it in my driveway. I'm probably limited to sway bar changes and maybe dampers. it's a DD that spends 80% of it's time on the interstate, so I'm leaning towards the comforts end of the spectrum.
I'm still debating buying a 2016 EB PP from a dealer here that has 3 of them discounted 8K. I really want the 3:55 axle but I can't quite swallow the 5K loss I'd take on my current car.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I can't drop my car at all and still make it in my driveway. I'm probably limited to sway bar changes and maybe dampers. it's a DD that spends 80% of it's time on the interstate, so I'm leaning towards the comforts end of the spectrum.
I'm still debating buying a 2016 EB PP from a dealer here that has 3 of them discounted 8K. I really want the 3:55 axle but I can't quite swallow the 5K loss I'd take on my current car.
Yeah that's a good chunk. I'd really suggest GT PP springs and dampers and possibly aftermarket bars then. You could also do BMR SP082 rears and the Steeda 1/4" spacers to bring it back to stock height. The higher rear rate actually helps improve comfort the way the rear PP shocks are setup, when combined with trimmed bumpstops.

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
The front bar will mainly get you on-center steering improvement, as it's the same diameter bar. I put the PP rear bar on my car, and it's slightly noticeable but definitely not a big change. Think hard as to whether or not you'd rather just have some adjustable bars at their softest settings.
I've been thinking a bit on this same line...GT350 rear sway or just go aftermarket. The former is way cheaper, but it might not get to the stiffness level that I want, and I'll end up going aftermarket anyways.

reed034

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB
Vehicle Showcase
I installed GT PP rear sway bar on my base EB and took it to an autocross. The car does seem more willing to rotate, especially under braking. I'd say it was $40 well spent.
Sponsored