GT Performance Package List of Parts

robb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
I want to compile a list of parts that come with the GT Performance Package. I will continue to update the list as people find more unique PP parts. Here's what we know so far:

- Strut-tower Brace
- Larger Radiator
- Unique Chassis Tuning
- Larger Front and Rear Sway Bars
- Heavier Front Springs
- K-Brace
- Brembo Front Brakes
- Staggerd Wheels (19x9 and 19x9.5)
- Unique Stability Control Tuning
- Torsen Helical Differential
- 3.73 Gears
- Gauge Pack
- Spoiler Delete
- Engine Turn Dash
- Monotube Shocks w/ Special Dampening
- More Agressive Splitter
- Unique Underbelly Pan (channels air to brakes)
- 15" Front Brake Rotors
- 255/40R19 Front and 275/40R19 Rear Pirelli P Zero Summer Compound Performance Tires
- "The Performance Pack gets a bunch of bolt-on structure pieces to stiffen the chassis further: stiffer front strut mounts, and the front lateral link instead of a bushing gets a cross axis joint to stiffen up front lateral link significantly."

I will add to this list as they come in.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
If you look in the Wiki, it will point you to the Dealer Sourcebook, which lists all of the items in the GT and EcoBoost performance packs.

It's a nice Wiki!

stangt911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Also add the Torsen diff to the list

B Gordon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Yellow 2015 GT
Because the Performance Package on the GT is 6 speed manual, the rear end housing is cast steel rather than the aluminum found on the automatic GT.
The non-PP 6 speed manual GT supposedly does also have the cast steel housing, which is why I am not sure it is worth adding.

wproctor411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
Because the Performance Package on the GT is 6 speed manual, the rear end housing is cast steel rather than the aluminum found on the automatic GT.
The non-PP 6 speed manual GT supposedly does also have the cast steel housing, which is why I am not sure it is worth adding.
I'd like to know why the steel diff housing on the manual.
I would like to think the steel piece is intentionally more hardcore and will flex less. I'm sure the steel diff housing will handle slicks and track abuse better. An aftermarket titanium piece would be great but machining out a piece that size would cost as much as the car.

Sponsored

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
I am curious as to why this is a thread. All this stuff has been released by Ford. Either in document or through interviews.

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nope lol, I don't care to fix all the issues and help people follow the rules. but seriously it's like the car just got released or something....like 9 months ago. How is this stuff even in question anymore? I appreciate the guy trying to help, but research is key guys.

TorkN8R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Ingot Silver Auto W/3.55's
I could be wrong of course...but I'm sure that the GT performance package does not come with an Upsized front sway bar. Only the rear is mentioned to be upsized!

Sponsored

TorkN8R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Ingot Silver Auto W/3.55's
Then again...the Dealer Sourcebook does show larger front and rear sway bars. What gives? The build site just says rear sway upsized. I would stand corrected except who really knows for sure!

It would of course be GREAT if they are both upsized. Wiki illustration shows 126MM front and 80MM rear. If they are upsized...does anyone know what size?

MikeAZ

DIB Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Would be nice if we already had access to the S550 parts numbers. We could look up all the PP pieces and compare them to the base version instead of guessing or relying on poorly worded marketing material.

OP
OP
robb

robb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
The build site isn't real specific, that's why I wanted to start this thread. Someone mentioned sturdier connecting rods too. Not sure where information comes from but my guess is there are several little parts that are different and Ford decided not to mention them. I like knowing everything that's different/better. :)

EXP Jawa

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.torsen.com
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
1999 Cobra Convertible, Electric Green
Because the manual delivers significantly more shock to the rear end than the auto does.
This. When a car is launched at a drag strip (or stop light) aggressively, there is an instantaneous impact shock, a torque spike that can do serious damage. This instantaneous spike is over and above the normal calculated max torque that the driveline would see, and is an additional factor that would multiplied into that calculation, called an impact factor. With a rapid engagement of a plate clutch, the impact factor is often 3:1 - or more, depending on the situation - though it is limited by available traction. On a torque converter automatic, that factor is more likely around 1.5:1, approaching 2:1 with high-stall converters.

So, a manual transmission car can momentarily shock its driveline much more severely than an auto can, thus it needs a stronger driveline. I wouldn't be shocked if we found that the Torsen is also rated for more torque than the Traction-Lok, since its the only diff used in the highest-torque 3.73 axles. For the record, though, the carrier housing itself used by the manual transmission cars is cast iron, most likely a ductile iron, and not steel. It might sound semantic, but there are differences in strength and cost. We might as well use the correct terms.

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Understandable, maybe add to the OP that you are more interested in knowing if there's any little details not listed by Ford. As the OP sounds right now, it seems you are just trying to provide well known info. I think most would agree there probably isn't much else left. But there could be a few minor things left out.

I will say a couple things weren't a bad addition, such as the monotube shocks and by metal linkages, I think you are referring to upgraded bushings. I know i've heard and seen in the forums about the shocks. The upgraded bushings i've seen in a video, not really much in form of documentation. The other things though are documented.
Sponsored