Sponsored

GT Owners w/PP2 or MagneRide - What Springs?

foxcoupefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT4
I'm on FP springs on my PP2. Ri
Depends what you’re after. I have BMR 765 springs on my pp2 and I think they’re great. Firm, not bouncy, but a very minimal drop - right about .5” all around. In normal mode I think they have great street manners. Based on the pics on here it looks like the FP springs lower the car more than the BMR.

7E7F36E2-A969-492E-AE9F-7ABB6FCD104F.jpeg
I installed the FP springs and CC plates on my PP2. I run a pretty high degree of camber (about 2degrees) and your car still looks much lower than mine. However, I am on the SC2s and like you stated, it's probably your 35 series tires that gives the lower illusion.
Sponsored

OP
OP
bozzy

bozzy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rdsc.ca
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I'm on FP springs on my PP2. Ri

I installed the FP springs and CC plates on my PP2. I run a pretty high degree of camber (about 2degrees) and your car still looks much lower than mine. However, I am on the SC2s and like you stated, it's probably your 35 series tires that gives the lower illusion.
Ford doesn't mention the need for CC plates with their springs, but I see lots are using them. Any specific reason? What specific kit is everyone using?

foxcoupefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT4
Ford doesn't mention the need for CC plates with their springs, but I see lots are using them. Any specific reason? What specific kit is everyone using?
Camber bolts are fine to adjust for most people, but I am building my car in to a streetable opentrack car. Camber plates give more adjustability to help dial in specific settings for street or track.

The PP2 is amazing car without one thing done to it. Good luck.

foxcoupefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT4
'19 PP2 with Magneride FP springs, MM CC plates at around 2.5 degrees of neg camber. Photos don't do the stance justice until you see it in person. I still get chills every time I walk out to our garage (as you can tell by my token garage shot. haha). I just stare at it and I have owned a lot of cars. It's still settling as this is only the second time I have driven it since I installed the springs in the past month or so. I don't wan't it to get any lower as this will be a track car and some tracks are not conducive to super low cars. I don't want to be tearing splitters and such off.

Good luck and congrats on the new PP2. You will love it.

20190304_155839.jpg

20190303_100659.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
Isn't there supposed to be a FRPP spring kit with a Magneride calibration module coming out?

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
When you install lowering springs, you induce more negative camber in to the front of the car. This additional negative camber will cause the front tires to wear on the inside edge and shorten tire life.

To correct this, we recommend installing our camber plates - https://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-mustang-camber-plates-15-16-all-555-8139.html

(Here at our installation facility, whenever we lower a S550 Mustangs, we always use the 555-8139 Camber plates)

Our camber plates will allow you to get the camber back to the factory setting, giving you the best handling and tire wear.

Let me know if I can help assist with forum pricing - happy to help!

TJ

OP
OP
bozzy

bozzy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rdsc.ca
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
When you install lowering springs, you induce more negative camber in to the front of the car. This additional negative camber will cause the front tires to wear on the inside edge and shorten tire life.

To correct this, we recommend installing our camber plates - https://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-mustang-camber-plates-15-16-all-555-8139.html

(Here at our installation facility, whenever we lower a S550 Mustangs, we always use the 555-8139 Camber plates)

Our camber plates will allow you to get the camber back to the factory setting, giving you the best handling and tire wear.

Let me know if I can help assist with forum pricing - happy to help!

TJ
So you're saying that with the FP springs (that lower the car 0.787") my tech wont be able to align the car properly after install?

Furthermore, will this kit worth with MagneRide? And also what about the rear end?

MikeKonaGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona PP2
I just used Steeda camber bolts. With the limited amount you can drop these cars they work fine to bring camber back to spec. Obviously CC plates give you greater adjustability, and if you’re tracking it frequently that makes sense, just wasn’t a necessity for me.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
I only have a PP1 with magneride, but I went with the Steeda Ultimate Handling spring set. It was well worth it. I wish it would have come with something like this stock. In normal mode, it seems like a stock car. In sport or race modes, it gets quite stiff. These pics are right after install, running -2.6 deg camber up front. I had it adjusted back to -2.0 for street use. Also, you need to replace the front end links while you are in there. Stock are soo fragile.

NIXPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
18' PP2 Shadow Black
Vehicle Showcase
I only have a PP1 with magneride, but I went with the Steeda Ultimate Handling spring set. It was well worth it. I wish it would have come with something like this stock. In normal mode, it seems like a stock car. In sport or race modes, it gets quite stiff. These pics are right after install, running -2.6 deg camber up front. I had it adjusted back to -2.0 for street use. Also, you need to replace the front end links while you are in there. Stock are soo fragile.
Looks good, may want to throw some spacers on there. I've got camber plates but haven't adjusted that far yet. Did you trim your rear bumpstops? Definitely going to do the endlinks, I think even the mild drop preloaded the front swaybar a little, also thinking of the extended control arms or roll center correction kit but not really sure if it's necessary.

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
Looks good, may want to throw some spacers on there. I've got camber plates but haven't adjusted that far yet. Did you trim your rear bumpstops? Definitely going to do the endlinks, I think even the mild drop preloaded the front swaybar a little, also thinking of the extended control arms or roll center correction kit but not really sure if it's necessary.
I really don't see how you would trim the bumpstops, and all the online video instructions don't mention them. I am not doing spacers, but intend to eventually get some wider rims. On a E85 tune, the stock rear 275s aren't enough. When I take a fast turn, I am hitting around 1g, and it feels very solid. The tires start to give, so those are my new limiting factor.

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner