Sponsored

GT Owners w/PP2 or MagneRide - What Springs?

bozzy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rdsc.ca
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Pulled the trigger on a new factory order Fastback GT with 401A, B&O Stereo, Active Valve Exhaust and PP2... First thing I wanna do is get the stance right. I was looking at the FP GT350 Lowering Springs, but before I pull the trigger on these I'd like to get some feedback on what others are running on PP2 or MagneRide equipped GT's...

Thanks in advance,
Sponsored

MikeKonaGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona PP2
Depends what you’re after. I have BMR 765 springs on my pp2 and I think they’re great. Firm, not bouncy, but a very minimal drop - right about .5” all around. In normal mode I think they have great street manners. Based on the pics on here it looks like the FP springs lower the car more than the BMR.

7E7F36E2-A969-492E-AE9F-7ABB6FCD104F.jpeg

DavidinDurango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Its all bad news . . . . I live on a cul-de-sac - one way in or out. The PP2 has almost an inch of clearance . . . .
Last car (Pantera) was so low it scraped everywhere I went, so I am staying with the magnaride (which handles great).

MikeKonaGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona PP2
Its all bad news . . . . I live on a cul-de-sac - one way in or out. The PP2 has almost an inch of clearance . . . .
Last car (Pantera) was so low it scraped everywhere I went, so I am staying with the magnaride (which handles great).
Not sure what this means, exactly. I get in an out of my driveway without scraping, I just take it slowly and at a slight angle (though that’s probably not necessary). OP is asking about springs, he’ll still have magneride.

NIXPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
18' PP2 Shadow Black
Vehicle Showcase
I just put Steeda Ultimate Handling springs in my pp2. They are supposed to drop .75 all around, but MikeKonaGT actually looks slighty lower. I'll try to snap some pics tomorrow. It feels a -little- bouncy in the rear, but I also did all of the "stop the hop" starter kit and the IRS bushing inserts (red). Dropped rear pressure to 32 psi and it feels better, but haven't really pushed it. I also didn't trim the bumpstops and think I may have to give that a shot just in case.

Sponsored

MikeKonaGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona PP2
I just put Steeda Ultimate Handling springs in my pp2. They are supposed to drop .75 all around, but MikeKonaGT actually looks slighty lower. I'll try to snap some pics tomorrow. It feels a -little- bouncy in the rear, but I also did all of the "stop the hop" starter kit and the IRS bushing inserts (red). Dropped rear pressure to 32 psi and it feels better, but haven't really pushed it. I also didn't trim the bumpstops and think I may have to give that a shot just in case.
I should have added in my first post - mine is also on 305/35 tires which ate up another .6” of wheel gap.

NIXPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
18' PP2 Shadow Black
Vehicle Showcase
I should have added in my first post - mine is also on 305/35 tires which ate up another .6” of wheel gap.
Now it makes sense. Did you trim your bumpstops?

MikeKonaGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona PP2
Now it makes sense. Did you trim your bumpstops?
Nope. Fronts didn’t have any, rears I couldn’t figure out since the magneride wire went through the top center of the shock without a clear way to disconnect so I didn’t bother. I called Kelly at BMR and he didn’t think it would be an issue, so I swapped the springs and threw it all back together.

OP
OP
bozzy

bozzy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rdsc.ca
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Thanks for the feedback gents.

The priority here is to improve the handling of the car for sure. Getting a lower stance is just icing on the cake. I don't want to lower the car just for looks and sacrifice the ride quality. Performance is paramount.

MikeKonaGT, it looks like you may have found the perfect combo? I really want to switch to a 305/35 tire, but I worry that they'll rub with the FP springs. You think another 1/4" lower on a setup like yours is doable?

MikeKonaGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona PP2
I feel like another .25” wouldnt be an issue, but there’s a forum member Ashpian that had the FP springs on his PP2 and it looked pretty low. Based on those pics it seems like they were more than .25” lower than mine. I think he had 325/30s on the rear without rubbing, but I suspect 35s would be close. If you use the search function you can find some of his pics.

Sponsored
OP
OP
bozzy

bozzy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rdsc.ca
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I feel like another .25” wouldnt be an issue, but there’s a forum member Ashpian that had the FP springs on his PP2 and it looked pretty low. Based on those pics it seems like they were more than .25” lower than mine. I think he had 325/30s on the rear without rubbing, but I suspect 35s would be close. If you use the search function you can find some of his pics.
Thanks for this. I checked his profile and it looks like a nice setup. Ride height looks good and the 325 tire on the rear looks wicked...
A57D2AF5-A522-4512-BFD2-245A9D238AC4.jpg
596D97B6-1394-421F-B40A-E00630FD3490.jpg

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I am running Ford Performance M-5300-W.

I have had 20s on during the summer period. To be honest I have not driven the car stock but the ride with magneride is really good taking into consideration lowering springs and 20s.

NIXPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
18' PP2 Shadow Black
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for this. I checked his profile and it looks like a nice setup. Ride height looks good and the 325 tire on the rear looks wicked...
A57D2AF5-A522-4512-BFD2-245A9D238AC4.jpg
596D97B6-1394-421F-B40A-E00630FD3490.jpg
I agree, those 325's look bad ass. Just got a message from Steeda, definitely need to trim the bumpstops. I'll do it and update, I'm guessing that is the cause of my small amount of bounce.

OP
OP
bozzy

bozzy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rdsc.ca
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I agree, those 325's look bad ass. Just got a message from Steeda, definitely need to trim the bumpstops. I'll do it and update, I'm guessing that is the cause of my small amount of bounce.
Are your springs linear or progressive? The FP springs are progressive so maybe that's why I haven't heard of anyone having to trim the bump stops.....

NIXPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
18' PP2 Shadow Black
Vehicle Showcase
Are your springs linear or progressive? The FP springs are progressive so maybe that's why I haven't heard of anyone having to trim the bump stops.....
They are dual rate.
Sponsored