Sponsored

GT/GT350 owners, catch cans and false knock?

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Hey peeps I'm chasing down a potential false knock issue going on and the only thing I can think of is my JLT catch can rattling. I thought I got it to stop but after a second data log my positive knock got even worse. Anyone else experience false knock because of oil separators of JLT's style? If I'm convinced that it is indeed the separator, I'm going to go with the Ford Performance separator because it mounts directly to the valve cover and doesn't have a chance to rattle around.
Sponsored

XeninWorX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KC
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
Most likely that is the case. I’ve read about this before with catch cans that aren’t bolted down. They’re just dangling around in the engine bay as you’re driving hitting whatever it is near to.

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Go with a UPR. They are not only mounted but also have quick releases and thumbscrew for removal. Also mounts to the space beside the radiator for the coolest airflow to help precipitate more.

Not sure how cool plastic gets and if it helps precipitate vapor ,and being mounted behind the radiator will not provide cooler air.

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
Trying to figure out how my JLT catch can could knock.? It’s pretty solid where it is and it’s not close enough to anything that would make a knock and ....

I don’t have a knock sound :)