Sponsored

GT: Faster/better steering? Rack from GT350?

terion

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Volodymyr
Vehicle(s)
GT PP MT 2016 (restyled)
I have a 2016 GT PP (with 295 wheels around, if this matters), and I consider it's steering kinda slower and not that precise then I would like. It's not bad in any means, but it could be better.
I've heard a lot that GT350 steering is superior to regular GT.
Does anybody know what are the differences? Maybe if I replace steering rack with one from GT350 it will make steering better?
Sponsored

OP
OP
terion

terion

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Volodymyr
Vehicle(s)
GT PP MT 2016 (restyled)
I’m not sure if the GT350 rack can be fitted, but a simple way to better your steering is to add a larger front anti-roll bar and good tires (MPS4S in particular).
I have 295/35/19 supersports on flow forge rims. This made difference comparing to stock, but there are so many praises to gt350 steering that I thought maybe it would make things even better

As in PP I already have large sway bars, they are almoust the same as popular eibach's

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
terion

terion

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Volodymyr
Vehicle(s)
GT PP MT 2016 (restyled)

Sponsored

Dana Pants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
The steering is imprecise because the PP1 springs are as stiff as warm butter. If you want GT350 steering, start with Gt350 spring rates and appropriate shocks.

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
The Steeda Roll Center arms and bumpsteer endlinks will tighten up steering feel significantly. I have gone from stock to adding those parts and BMR Handling springs/FRPP struts (basically same as GT350 non-mag suspension) and back to stock arms with those same springs. The difference is definitely noticeable.

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
You've changed only front? Didn't it upset the balance of the car?
I installed both the front and rear bar — you can do just the front and just keep the setting on the softer side.

Agreed with @Dana Pants that better shocks and struts help too, but imo the value is in the anti-roll bar.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
You've changed only front? Didn't it upset the balance of the car?
I only have front Steeda installed currently on 2nd hole from full soft. The car balance is even a bit oversteery. On 1st hole car was brutally neutral and amazing fun to drive but now with a bit of oversteer it just turn better. With that in mind if you change front bar is worth investing in different bushings for the rear as well as they are also bounded and if you change bar thay have an annoying tendency to go busted as well. Which then add annoying knock in the rear.

thompsje

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Do the PP cars have a factory subframe brace? If not, the Steeda K brace (or BMR, but I have the Steeda) makes a big difference in steering feel. Obviously not going to actually make it faster, but does make it much more direct.

Sponsored
OP
OP
terion

terion

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Volodymyr
Vehicle(s)
GT PP MT 2016 (restyled)
Do the PP cars have a factory subframe brace? If not, the Steeda K brace (or BMR, but I have the Steeda) makes a big difference in steering feel. Obviously not going to actually make it faster, but does make it much more direct.
PP has it from factory

PONYPWR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
The Steeda Roll Center arms and bumpsteer endlinks will tighten up steering feel significantly. I have gone from stock to adding those parts and BMR Handling springs/FRPP struts (basically same as GT350 non-mag suspension) and back to stock arms with those same springs. The difference is definitely noticeable.
^^^ THIS! ^^^

When you lower your car, you lower the roll center. (You should understand roll center before messing with your suspension. Do yourself a favor and look it up if you don't know what it is and how lowering affects it negatively.) If you're just after the lowered aesthetic and don't really care about handling as much, go for it. If you're interested in handling, teach yourself about suspension geometry as well as ride height. This kit (on a lowered car only) will give you MUCH better turn in, less body roll (without adding anti-toll bars!), a MUCH better feel for what your front tires are doing, and a better contact patch in the front, so better overall grip. IMO, lowering kits should ALL be sold with roll center correction / bump-steer kits.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I have a 2016 GT PP (with 295 wheels around, if this matters), and I consider it's steering kinda slower and not that precise then I would like. It's not bad in any means, but it could be better.
I've heard a lot that GT350 steering is superior to regular GT.
Does anybody know what are the differences? Maybe if I replace steering rack with one from GT350 it will make steering better?
Read up on this thread regarding the S550 EPAS units, it’s not just a rack swap any more like 15-20 years ago…

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/s550-epas-pscm-tech-accumulation.160616/

OP
OP
terion

terion

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Volodymyr
Vehicle(s)
GT PP MT 2016 (restyled)