Sponsored

GT/CS Side Scoops. Love em, Hate em, or Meh?

GT/CS Side Scoops. Love em, Hate em, or Meh?

• Total voters

ay1820

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
I ended up with a GT/CS not because I wanted that package, but because that was how the car that came closest to my specifications happened to be equipped. I really like some of the features, like the grill treatment and the interior trim details, but I have mixed feelings about the side scoops. Yes, they do pay homage to the original California Special trim option package, which also had non-functional side scoops, and they do add some interesting detail that helps set CS equipped cars apart from other trims, but I have never been a fan of fake "scoops".

If I have the car more than a couple of years I may just rip them off, but I am curious as to what others think.
Sponsored

Last edited:

jblue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2021 Twister Orange GT Premium 401A Ebony Stripes
I ended up with a GT/CS not because I wanted that package, but because that was how the car that came closest to my specifications happened to be equipped. I really like some of the features, like the grill treatment and the interior trim details, but I have mixed feelings about the side scoops. Yes, they do pay homage to the original California Special trim option package, which also had non-functional side scoops, and they do add some interesting detail that helps set CS equipped cars apart from other trims, but I have never been a fan of fake "scoops".

If I have the car more than a couple of years I may just rip them off, but I am curious as to what others think.
I don't like the look, as they they look just stuck on. I think, if they were sculpted into the body like they were years ago, would look better, IMO.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Voted: Meh. Not a fan of side scoops on an S550 due to the sort of triangular shape dictated by the area between the door and wheel well and the leading edge being so tilted due to the angle of the door edge. But the factory ones are in the top 1 or 2.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Never liked fake scoops on any car. Typically, that would have me vote "Meh", but as these really look fake, they got a "Hate".

DonnieO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt cs
I'm not a fan of them.

Sponsored

geezer stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt,base
i think it's perfect on the "CS",i wouldn't add it to a "non-CS" model.it's the total package that makes it work!

BIGG_RIBB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT Premium
I think they look good especially on the California Special. It's just an aesthetics thing just like decals and makes the car look a little bit more aggressive. Doesn't matter if they're not functional, but I do understand for those who don't like them are coming from. It's all personal preference. If I owned a California Special I'd leave them in tact.

Stangomydreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Cali Special Convertible
Like the rest of the gt cs package (wheels,Alacantra etc)they just make it look less mustang rental car and more special. Once you understand the tribute to the first cs and the Shelby connection with little red it is special.

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
I only ordered CS after I made sure they could easily be removed without any locator pins. They look OK but they do stand out and scream "fake aero."

Sponsored

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
I love mine as they are part of the history of the California Special. But that's not you so go ahead and rip them off. Who knows you might do that and miss them.

IMG_1799.jpg
There is that, and then I'll have to add the hoodpins too strictly for tradition of course.