GT calipers with 17" wheels on V6?

jdowen2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6, 1967 Mustang
Wondering if upgrading to 4 piston GT calipers is worth the investment. Anyone do this and what is your feedback? Recently picked up a 2016 convertible and have an itch to upgrade. P.S. I have 17" wheels.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
They are pretty cheap to buy second hand and they look great, probably a 10% or so improvement in stopping power if any, but will hold up better to repeated hard stopping.

Fray_s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang S550 V6
They are pretty cheap to buy second hand and they look great, probably a 10% or so improvement in stopping power if any, but will hold up better to repeated hard stopping.
Where do u buy them from?

Sponsored

dguzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 V6 w/051A Met. Guard w/foundry wheels
Its not really an investment, the price for mine (fronts) was less than a brake job.

D24112

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 MT
I have them on mine but I also put 18 inch GT wheels on. I don't know if they work with 17 inch wheels.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Where do u buy them from?
Like Fuse mentioned, I got mine from shelbyauctions on ebay. There are some listed on the classifieds forums here as well, a few even come prepainted.

Sponsored

D24112

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 MT
Like Fuse mentioned, I got mine from shelbyauctions on ebay. There are some listed on the classifieds forums here as well, a few even come prepainted.
Seems like all the good stuff isn't on Shelbyauctions like it used to be. I scored a 3.55 rear, GT front brakes, and 18 inch wheels and tires last year. Haven't seen anything like those items for awhile.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Nice. I might get a set of the stock 17in if they do indeed fit. Stock 17in is 17x8?
Yes to the stock size, but offset might be different and cause issues. If you run spacers, shouldn't matter much.

Seems like all the good stuff isn't on Shelbyauctions like it used to be. I scored a 3.55 rear, GT front brakes, and 18 inch wheels and tires last year. Haven't seen anything like those items for awhile.
I wonder if that has anything to do with the Super Snakes they're building instead? Could be most of them are starting as PPs but I haven't watched their listings really. I'm hoping to get a 3.73 rear end (with Torsen diff) on my car this week. Not the best price, but for $800 installed (if all goes according to plan), I'm not arguing it too much.