Sponsored

GT 500 2020 Delivery CheckList: Making Sure You Get Everything and Prepped Properly

SPR1957

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt 2013 Mustang GT
2020 GT 500 Delivery and Dealership Prep presents many questions and decisions. What parts are included in the Base or CFTP? What parts come through parts and how can I insure that I get them? Do adjustable camber plates come with base? Should I have dealer wash vehicle or do it myself? Written instructions to salesman and service?
I’m awaiting as many Delivery of my GT500 and I propose to create here a comprehensive checklist of do’s don’ts, check this, check that and General Tips to make sure you have everything and don’t end up with regrets, scratches, missing parts etc. For example when I took delivery of my BULLITT the included car cover was “missing.” They gave me a GT 350 cover instead but I later forced them to “find” it. Yes, it was in parts with my VIN number.
So folks that have taken delivery and all others let’s hear from you! I’ll put them on a formal list at some point.

Thanks

And example

1. Wash or No Wash. That is the question for many. Stories of scratches and other disappointments however have caused some to tell dealer not to touch it. For me, I’m going to detail it myself. All do respect but some lower paid detailers just don’t care.

Looking forward to:

Subject
Your Experience or Advice
Parts That Should be In Vehicle
Parts from Parts Department (For example cover if ordered)

Best

SPR1957
Sponsored

OP
OP
SPR1957

SPR1957

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 Delivery and Dealership Prep presents many questions and decisions. What parts are included in the Base or CFTP? What parts come through parts and how can I insure that I get them? Do adjustable camber plates come with base? Should I have dealer wash vehicle or do it myself? Written instructions to salesman and service?
I’m awaiting as many Delivery of my GT500 and I propose to create here a comprehensive checklist of do’s don’ts, check this, check that and General Tips to make sure you have everything and don’t end up with regrets, scratches, missing parts etc. For example when I took delivery of my BULLITT the included car cover was “missing.” They gave me a GT 350 cover instead but I later forced them to “find” it. Yes, it was in parts with my VIN number.
So folks that have taken delivery and all others let’s hear from you! I’ll put them on a formal list at some point.

Thanks

And example

1. Wash or No Wash. That is the question for many. Stories of scratches and other disappointments however have caused some to tell dealer not to touch it. For me, I’m going to detail it myself. All do respect but some lower paid detailers just don’t care.

Looking forward to:

Subject
Your Experience or Advice
Parts That Should be In Vehicle
Parts from Parts Department (For example cover if ordered)

Best

SPR1957

1. Send Instructions/CheckList to Dealership/Salesperson/Service.

Once we get this list final, create checklist with written instructions making sure all listed get a copy.

2. Verify Shipping Blocks Removed.

3. Insist on an Inspection While on A Lift.

You never know...recent reports of missing bolts found during tire change make an inspection a smart thing to insist upon. It might just make service slow down and look for issues.

4. Ahead of delivery identify and list all parts that might either be in vehicle uninstalled or in parts department. For example, if ordered, verify VIN number on parts box containing cover.

5. Check Remote Start Functionality.

To be continued. Requesting assistance to develop a full and complete checklist.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Back in 2012 bought a VW Jetta TDI. Check it out and test drive everything looks good. Doing the paper work and they take it back to make ready. Finish paper work and car is brought around to the front of dealership. It's dark now and we go out so the salesman can go through everything with us. He is setting my wifes phone up to the car and I notice what looks like a bad scratch on the roof. Look some more and another one. Tell the salesman to take it back under the carport that was well lit. Then we could see it all. The guy in make ready must have dropped the wash rag in the dirt/gravel picked it up and went to town on the car. All the way through the paint down to the primer all over the car. Salesman " That will buff out" Me "BS get the manager out here I'm not taking this home" Manager comes out and has a cow. He knows its bad. Fortunately they had an identical car and we redid the paper work and were on our way. So if I bought a GT-500 I don't think I would have anyone washing the car but me or a true pro detailer. Too many clowns at the circus we call dealerships.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
...What parts are included in the Base or CFTP? What parts come through parts and how can I insure that I get them? Do adjustable camber plates come with base?
You should know this, you ordered the car. Look at Ford's site to answer these questions. Don't expect the dealership to know, they probably haven't delivered a GT500 yet. Plus, they DGAF in the slightest bit. You must know this stuff, you need to set your own expectations, don't let them mislead you with their ignorance.

Should I have dealer wash vehicle or do it myself? Written instructions to salesman and service?
Don't let them touch the car.

Tell them to back it off the trailer, and park it. Don't let them do a single thing to it.

Let THEM take dozens of pictures, and you take dozens of pictures, at delivery. So that if there's any issues when you do the first cleaning, everyone knows it was there from the start. Dealerships (as far as I have ever seen) don't employ "detailers". They pay some "car washer", nothing more. And they're usually harmful to the cars they wash, out of pure don't-give-a-shit-itis, and ignorance.

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
Don't let them fucking touch the car. I had some work done at a reputable Ford dealership. Missing bolts, shit not installed correctly and the list goes on.

Dealership techs are the worst around as far as I'm concerned. They don't care about your car and if you find one who does he/she is a unicorn.

Your precious gt500 won't get treated any better than a Ford topaz. Only thing they will make sure they thoroughly test is the gas pedal.

Sponsored

OP
OP
SPR1957

SPR1957

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
Folks: Thanks for initial comments. Still trying to develops a full and complete list to insure all parts not installed at factory are accounted for and if parts sitting in parts department are secured (for example camber plates [apparently only supplied with CFTP’s] need this verified. Heck the way things have gone for some I might know some things but I’m checking the battery before I roll. Please help all of us get a solid checklist.

2020 GT 500 DELIVERY CHECKLIST

Pre-Delivery: Send Email/Text and Letter with follow-up telephone call stating that you want Salesperson/Service/Parts to look out for parts coming through parts and ask if they have a list of parts/accessories meant to be installed at dealership.

Pre-Delivery Instructions:

In writing and via phone instruct them NOT to WASH or DETAIL the vehicle. (As this is a fluid Checklist, let’s here your thoughts but consensus is DON’T touch it! Any other opinions?)

Filling Tank With Gas: INSTRUCTIONS SHOULD BE THAT OWNER WILL FILL UP TANK. DO NOT DRIVE NOR PUT MILES ON VEHICLE. Yes, nice and all but just an opportunity for some ding dong to hit a pothole or race around and put mileage on vehicle. I got burned on this once from 9 miles to 62 upon delivery!

INSPECTION: Attempt to know date and time of delivery (any suggestions?) and get to dealership to be there for actual delivery. CAREFULLY INSPECT vehicle INSIDE and OUT and CHECK VEHICLE on Lift if possible for fluids, missing bolts etc. and bring a mechanic friend if at all possible if your not up to the task. Check and Record Mileage. Salesperson needs to know you don’t want any miles on the vehicle and maybe if you will be having things put on by dealer, you might be able to go and “test drive” vehicle, filling up with Shell 93 if in your area and just maybe a careful wand car wash.

ASK ABOUT AND VERIFY SHIPPING BLOCKS REMOVED/OTHER ITEMS USED DURING TRANSPORTATION(. Folks please add any info so I can add in this section. Thanks.)

KEEP PLASTIC ON SEATS and ALL OTHer Protective Film and Stickers. I always keep UAW sticker on for support! Keep carpet film installed until you get to your garage.

CHECK FOR OWNERS MANUAL and Related Warranty Documentation

PHOTOGRAPHY/. AS suggested by contributors take many photos at inspection inside and out. Check those non painted stripes as folks like StangMode (“Gotta Believe” you will win the GT500GiveAway.com) suffered some PreDelivery/Production/Transport or Dealer Prep damage (my opinion) and scratches on the hood stripes. Heck, check the alignment of the non-Painted stripes as that was an issue for our fellow Mustang enthusiast StangMode. Not Good

CHECK AND INVENTORY NUMBER AND ALL BOXES/PARTS In VEHICLE and TRUNK. Question still remains if camber plates come with base and on CFTP whether via PARTS or IN VEHICLE. Verify VIN on box or plastic bag. If CAR COVER ordered it will most likely be shipped ahead of vehicle so during PRE DELIVERY that should be part of your written instructions and follow up and at Inspection check box for VIN and If seems like it has been removed, check it or you may end up with a GT 350 car cover like I did instead of the at first “missing” included car cover that someone just slipped in the GT 350 cover to fake me out. (I now own the 2 covers; if anyone really need a GT 350 cover, and has a good story, and helps on this CheckList, maybe I’ll make you a fantastic bargain!)

*********Note: This is a Continuing CheckList. Your contribution would be greatly appreciated as many questions are unanswered. What about oil catch can install? Even Speed_Phenom’s mechanic (seemed very excellent) had trouble with that! Should handling Package items be installed? Many might not have mechanical know how and “the wing” (ha!) as I recall takes a lot to install as do other items.

Hopefully someone with time and knowledge will help kickstart this checklist because no one knows it all and delivery can be a distraction and things are missed.

Looking forward to your help folks!

SPR1957

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Folks: Thanks for initial comments. Still trying to develops a full and complete list to insure all parts not installed at factory are accounted for and if parts sitting in parts department are secured (for example camber plates [apparently only supplied with CFTP’s] need this verified. Heck the way things have gone for some I might know some things but I’m checking the battery before I roll. Please help all of us get a solid checklist.

2020 GT 500 DELIVERY CHECKLIST

Pre-Delivery: Send Email/Text and Letter with follow-up telephone call stating that you want Salesperson/Service/Parts to look out for parts coming through parts and ask if they have a list of parts/accessories meant to be installed at dealership.

Pre-Delivery Instructions:

In writing and via phone instruct them NOT to WASH or DETAIL the vehicle. (As this is a fluid Checklist, let’s here your thoughts but consensus is DON’T touch it! Any other opinions?)

Filling Tank With Gas: INSTRUCTIONS SHOULD BE THAT OWNER WILL FILL UP TANK. DO NOT DRIVE NOR PUT MILES ON VEHICLE. Yes, nice and all but just an opportunity for some ding dong to hit a pothole or race around and put mileage on vehicle. I got burned on this once from 9 miles to 62 upon delivery!

INSPECTION: Attempt to know date and time of delivery (any suggestions?) and get to dealership to be there for actual delivery. CAREFULLY INSPECT vehicle INSIDE and OUT and CHECK VEHICLE on Lift if possible for fluids, missing bolts etc. and bring a mechanic friend if at all possible if your not up to the task. Check and Record Mileage. Salesperson needs to know you don’t want any miles on the vehicle and maybe if you will be having things put on by dealer, you might be able to go and “test drive” vehicle, filling up with Shell 93 if in your area and just maybe a careful wand car wash.

ASK ABOUT AND VERIFY SHIPPING BLOCKS REMOVED/OTHER ITEMS USED DURING TRANSPORTATION(. Folks please add any info so I can add in this section. Thanks.)

KEEP PLASTIC ON SEATS and ALL OTHer Protective Film and Stickers. I always keep UAW sticker on for support! Keep carpet film installed until you get to your garage.

CHECK FOR OWNERS MANUAL and Related Warranty Documentation

PHOTOGRAPHY/. AS suggested by contributors take many photos at inspection inside and out. Check those non painted stripes as folks like StangMode (“Gotta Believe” you will win the GT500GiveAway.com) suffered some PreDelivery/Production/Transport or Dealer Prep damage (my opinion) and scratches on the hood stripes. Heck, check the alignment of the non-Painted stripes as that was an issue for our fellow Mustang enthusiast StangMode. Not Good

CHECK AND INVENTORY NUMBER AND ALL BOXES/PARTS In VEHICLE and TRUNK. Question still remains if camber plates come with base and on CFTP whether via PARTS or IN VEHICLE. Verify VIN on box or plastic bag. If CAR COVER ordered it will most likely be shipped ahead of vehicle so during PRE DELIVERY that should be part of your written instructions and follow up and at Inspection check box for VIN and If seems like it has been removed, check it or you may end up with a GT 350 car cover like I did instead of the at first “missing” included car cover that someone just slipped in the GT 350 cover to fake me out. (I now own the 2 covers; if anyone really need a GT 350 cover, and has a good story, and helps on this CheckList, maybe I’ll make you a fantastic bargain!)

*********Note: This is a Continuing CheckList. Your contribution would be greatly appreciated as many questions are unanswered. What about oil catch can install? Even Speed_Phenom’s mechanic (seemed very excellent) had trouble with that! Should handling Package items be installed? Many might not have mechanical know how and “the wing” (ha!) as I recall takes a lot to install as do other items.

Hopefully someone with time and knowledge will help kickstart this checklist because no one knows it all and delivery can be a distraction and things are missed.

Looking forward to your help folks!

SPR1957
You're making waaaay too big of a deal about this. Dial back the OCD need to create a check-list, and keep it super simple.

There's just two things you have to worry about.

1. The dealership doesn't touch the car.
2. Pictures, lots of them, are taken at delivery. By you, and the dealership.

Any missing parts are owed you, and you will receive them. Nothing to worry about at delivery, beyond e-mails to your sales person to make sure the parts are in the trunk.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Ford has a PDI checklist already. It is for dealer personnel to use to make sure it is ready for delivery.

What I did is supplied a copy of that PDI checklist and cross off what I did not want done and checked the items I wanted done. I wrote any other requests on the sheet.

A lot of the other comments here are just common sense.

Done.

Sponsored
OP
OP
SPR1957

SPR1957

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
GT 500 Delivery CheckList

Locate and Check if Oil Separator Included in Vehicle and/or Installed. Some might opt to install later or themselves and it appears that both Base Model (with handling package) and Track have this item but there is some uncertainty about this.

PLEASE provide information if oil separator comes with base model (with handling pack) for all of you who have taken delivery. Thanks

(These are available Ford Performance for around 450.00 and what’s sweet is that they don’t require draining. If anyone knows about a non draining oil separator for coyote 2019 or 2013 please post.)

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Base with the Handling Package and the CFTP cars both get a separator, not installed as it arrives at the dealer and in a box.

What is questionable isn't with regard to the separator but rather whether or not the Handling Package cars should also be getting camber plates, uninstalled and in a box received by the service department.

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
Tob: I thought that was resolved and the plates do not come with the Handling Package?
KB, I think the jury is still out on this subject.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
So much for what I know, huh Earl? <laughing> I DO hope ya'll are correct as that's a substantial savings especially since Ford puts them in for nuttin' or at least nuttin' out of OUR pockets. :-)

Sadly, I know, but the only reason I had them installed was for potential resale down the road.

Got an up and close look at the tires today when I got the lift up and running. Holy SMOKE those things are damn near slicks. I think they have less tread grooves than the PS's on my 14 and those are only 295's I think. (Gettin' older sucks, not being able to remember stuff REALLY sucks.) :-)

I guess it's no wonder it rides as it does with THAT much rubber on the road. And Lord have MERCY, that TURNING RADIUS is reedikahlus! I KNOW my F250's radius is shorter, I swear. You just don't have the range of motion with those big ol' tars up front. :-)
Sponsored

Last edited: