GT 350 Steering Wheel Swap

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
@Jay at Granger this is more for you. Can you get a good price on the GT 350 steering wheels to swap out the plain old GT steering wheel on our ordered Mach 1's? Kind of wish Ford went with the flat bottom one and not the base GT steering wheel, but it is what it is. I would think others may want to do this. I don't even care about if it's installed or not since it's simple, but it saves me a step with waiting and shipping the part if it's in the car when I have it shipped here.
Sponsored

j.footit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500 HP
thats funny, I've already messaged him about switching mine out when it arrives there at granger as well. Best price I can find on a base gt350 is in link below. I didn't want the 350r with the red.
He said they've swapped out many steering wheels, and are familiar that you have to flip the controls, so its no problem for them. Im having a wheel shipped up there so he can swap it out before I pick it up.
https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-part...MoEFIIc1yxspSEtKvxODO3_JJPAFBT0RoCzBsQAvD_BwE

Quick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I swapped the GT350 wheel on mine. It was simple, though i just had to swap the controls over and you lose steering wheel heat.

The factory GT wheel felt squishy - like it was filled with gel almost. The GT350 wheel is much better and still fits the car. The grey stitching matches the other grey stitching on the dash.

Picked up my wheel from cjponyparts. Expensive, but great upgrade.

Jay at Granger

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
@Jay at Granger this is more for you. Can you get a good price on the GT 350 steering wheels to swap out the plain old GT steering wheel on our ordered Mach 1's? Kind of wish Ford went with the flat bottom one and not the base GT steering wheel, but it is what it is. I would think others may want to do this. I don't even care about if it's installed or not since it's simple, but it saves me a step with waiting and shipping the part if it's in the car when I have it shipped here.
I was just about to say someone else just ordered a wheel and sent it my way. lol
@j.footit ordered one and had it sent here. I would use the link he used.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
I swapped the GT350 wheel on mine. It was simple, though i just had to swap the controls over and you lose steering wheel heat.

The factory GT wheel felt squishy - like it was filled with gel almost. The GT350 wheel is much better and still fits the car. The grey stitching matches the other grey stitching on the dash.

Picked up my wheel from cjponyparts. Expensive, but great upgrade.
Do you know if the stitching on the gt500 wheel is the same grey?

Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Unfortunately, I do not. But I believe the GT500 has the paddle shifters on it, right?
Oh damn I didn’t think of that. I wonder if that would present an issue??
Reason I like the gt500 wheel is the top stripe looks like it matches the stitching color which would go well with FJG exterior
Sponsored