OP
OP
Offboost

Offboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JR101 Kona Blue R Sold 1/21/19 New 2019;Ruby Red Raptor
Love this thread, but for me, 4. is a downer. I believe there's some truth to the saying "it's more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow". On curvy country roads at 60mph, you can hear the car yawning as it's about to fall asleep. It doesn't break a sweat. You half expect it to talk and say "wtf is this shyte? I thought we were going to VIR".

Don't get me wrong, I love my GT350, but the level of performance is so high that to me it only comes alive on a track.
Just think of public roads as a tire warm up on the way too the track!:)
Sponsored

5.2 L V8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray Shelby GT350
I love a lot of things about this car....here is just a few:

1. The car just has a presence about it. It just looks sooo bad ass and interesting.
2. Avalanche Gray. Its just amazing in the SoCal sun. If I get 10 compliments on this car, 7 of them are on the color.
3. Made in Merica! Doesnt have any snootyness about it. People will walk right up and ask about the car. Its a Mustang (Shelby) for Gods sake and they feel just fine talking to an owner. European cars....not so much.
4. The Sound! Oh the sound on a cold start or a hard pull uphill. Glorious!
5. Hand Built motor. Nuff said.
6. Magnaride.
7. Recaros. They are amazing.

Socalrugger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H4111
On curvy country roads at 60mph, you can hear the car yawning as it's about to fall asleep. It doesn't break a sweat. You half expect it to talk and say "wtf is this shyte? I thought we were going to VIR".
In 2nd gear, it says that!

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
Agree here. Mine just keeps getting better. In all respects its the most capable, well built Shelby name worthy American car ever built.

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
Amending my earlier post to add....

11) The crackle.... especially when I ride it with just a little throttle after downshifts
12) There's nothing too civilized about it... a friend referred to it as a "hooligan car," to which I say F-in A.

Sponsored

CAPM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I agree with almost everything that's been said so far. I'll add:

- Especially with crazy DC traffic, it's feels so wrong but yet so right to commute in.
- Though not dirt cheap in price, it only costs a third of what my last track car cost, and it's just $10K over my wife's minivan. Great value!

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Recently having ridden in a new ZL1 and Hellcat I came away quite impressed with their performance levels but at the end of each session some sort of aspect or feeling seemed to be missing from each of these two Pony cars compared to that of our GT350's and R's.

There seems to be an intangible quality in our new Shelby's that I did not feel in the ZL1, Hellcat or even the 2008/2009 GT500 cars that I had previously owned.

We could talk about our naturally aspirated FPC engines, 8250 RPM redline, cold engine starts, active exhaust, resonator delete, MagneRide suspension, Brembo brakes, cross drilled rotors, sticky tires, outstanding styling, etc. but suggest that it may be a combination of all of the aspects that each of us has listed that provides each of our automobiles with a unique and special feeling (I call it a soul or spirit) and find missing in many other HP automobiles.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

OP
OP
Offboost

Offboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JR101 Kona Blue R Sold 1/21/19 New 2019;Ruby Red Raptor
Recently having ridden in a new ZL1 and Hellcat I came away quite impressed with their performance levels but at the end of each session some sort of aspect or feeling seemed to be missing from each of these two Pony cars compared to that of our GT350's and R's.

There seems to be an intangible quality in our new Shelby's that I did not feel in the ZL1, Hellcat or even the 2008/2009 GT500 cars that I had previously owned.

We could talk about our naturally aspirated FPC engines, 8250 RPM redline, cold engine starts, active exhaust, resonator delete, MagneRide suspension, Brembo brakes, cross drilled rotors, sticky tires, outstanding styling, etc. but suggest that it may be a combination of all of the aspects that each of us has listed that provides each of our automobiles with a unique and special feeling (I call it a soul or spirit) and find missing in many other HP automobiles.

Very well said!

I like many others here have owned multiple muscle cars and European cars and while they were all nice as you say they all lacked something and maybe its as you say a soul! I also think its not any one piece of the car but the sum of all the parts and how well they all work together to create a awesome package that seems to have a personality like no other car!:ford:

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack

The problem with the ZL1 in particular is that it feels like a recycled recipe and frankly it is. It absolutely works, don't get me wrong. That car is fast as fawk. But the GT350 isn't just a Mustang GT turned up to 11. I've ridden in a supercharged SS 1LE and it feels very much like a ZL1. Not quite but it's super close. The sensation of a GT350 CANNOT be replicated unless you have a GT350.

And here's where I struggle at times because I feel like the GT350 could have been even more despite the fact that I am in love with my car. It's so good that I feel like there still was plenty left on the table because the table was just that damn big. This car not only needs but deserves 600 NA horsepower.

RyanR3KC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro SS 1LE
GT350 Track Attack was the final selling point of the Snek for me.

I just went through last week. if you haven't gone...you need to get there

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
And here's where I struggle at times because I feel like the GT350 could have been even more despite the fact that I am in love with my car. It's so good that I feel like there still was plenty left on the table because the table was just that damn big. This car not only needs but deserves 650 NA horsepower.
Fixed. :thumbsup:

GrabberBootyBlue88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I like that...

I can get better MPG in my Shelby than my daily driven truck.
I pay lower insurance rate for my Shelby than my wife's Lexus.
I don't have to use my brakes as much because I Rev-match instead.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Actually if I were to be honest yes. That'll learn me for trying to be reasonable.:headbonk: 650 NA would be amazing. However that's more than a Huracan Performante with the same displacement and I feel like that's a bit of a capability stretch for ragamuffin Ford Motor Company. Still though, they should have done it. Work harder! :rant:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Actually if I were to be honest yes. That'll learn me for trying to be reasonable.:headbonk: 650 NA would be amazing. However that's more than a Huracan Performante with the same displacement and I feel like that's a bit of a capability stretch for ragamuffin Ford Motor Company. Still though, they should have done it. Work harder! :rant:
Of course most of us think the more the better. I was a little tongue in cheek, but I'd love more power. Even if they could do 575 or so, that would be terrific.

I was assuming it might need more cubes, but I'm all for FMC making a V10 or V12 engine in order to wring more HP from the cubes! :cool:

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Of course most of us think the more the better. I was a little tongue in cheek, but I'd love more power. Even if they could do 575 or so, that would be terrific.

I was assuming it might need more cubes, but I'm all for FMC making a V10 or V12 engine in order to wring more HP from the cubes! :cool:
I'm not lol. 600+. Must to have.

Weirdly enough the other day sitting on the can, I was wondering what a modern V10 would be like in a Mustang with a chassis as good as the 350.
Sponsored